A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:10:46 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XFL would be a great fit for Oklahoma.  (Read 3481 times)
Laramie
City Father

« on: February 22, 2020, 11:21:55 pm »

Houston Leads XFL in Attendance, Proving Texas Football is King:  https://fanbuzz.com/xfl/xfl-attendance/

XFL Attendance Report after two games in week 3 is already over 40k:  https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/02/xfl-attendance-17/

XFL Attendance Week[/b] 1: 69,818:

Los Angeles Wildcats at Houston Roughnecks — 17,815
    Seattle Dragons at DC Defenders — 17,163
    Tampa Bay Vipers at New York Guardians — 17,634
    St. Louis Battlehawks at Dallas Renegades — 17,206

XFL Attendance Week 2: 76,285

New York Guardians at DC Defenders — 15,031
    Tampa Bay Vipers at Seattle Dragons — 29,172
    Dallas Renegades at LA Wildcats — 14,979
    St. Louis Battlehawks at Houston Roughnecks — 17,103

Total Attendance Leaders (As of XFL Week 2)

1. HOU: 34,918 (2 games)
    2. DC: 32,194 (2 games)
    3. SEA: 29,172 (1 game)
    4. NY: 17,634 (1 game)
    5. DAL: 17,206 (1 game)
    6. LA: 14,979 (1 game)
    7. TB: Home opener on Feb. 22:  Week 3, where Tampa Bay had 18,117 fans for their first home game.
    8. STL: Home opener on Feb. 23:  BattleHawks tickets selling for more than Rams averaged in St. Louis: https://kmox.radio.com/articles/news/battlehawks-tickets-selling-for-more-than-stl-rams-averaged

There's room for expansion into some Non-NFL markets like Alabama, Oklahoma, Oregon & Utah.  Since this is a league that runs a counter schedule to the NFL; many college campuses may open up to leasing their stadium in the off season' like TDECU Stadium home of the XFL Houston Roughneck--stadium owned by University of Houston.  If the XFL is successful; expect expansion (4 franchises) in 2022.

University of Tulsa - Skelly Field at H. A. Chapman Stadium

Capacity 30,000

Alabama - Legion Field, Birmingham (City of Birmingham)
               Utah - Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, University of Utah
               Oregon - Providence Park, Portland (City of Portland)

Tulsa IMHO could top 22,000 average at Chapman Stadium.

What are your thoughts...

« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 06:08:37 am by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 05:22:01 pm »

College football played in college football stadium....

Probably better - more interesting - than the NFL!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
brettakins
Activist

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 01:51:05 pm »

Lets see if the XFL last longer than a year
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 01:18:46 pm »

PRO FOOTBALL CFL, XFL explore partnership

The Canadian Football League and the XFL are exploring a potential partnership as they seek to return to play in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The leagues announced Wednesday that they “have agreed to work together to identify opportunities for the leagues to collaborate, innovate, and grow the game of football,” though they did not offer specifics about what such a patnership would entail.

The XFL also said it is putting its plans for the 2022 season on hold as discussions continue. The CFL canceled its 2020 season but is hoping to return to play June 10.

Wire reports

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org