A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 27, 2020, 10:41:46 am
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OKC stuff (formerly IKEA rumor)  (Read 77022 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #660 on: February 21, 2020, 01:51:49 pm »

FWIW, the Marriott family includes Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, Edition and Luxury Collection flags.  There are about 44 of them in the US with 4 or 5 stars.

Also, contrary to your claim, there are at least 4 Autograph Collection hotels in the US on the "Recommended" list plus another 4 international locations.

I must have overlooked them, my apologies. I had a list open of all the Autograph hotels (of which there are many) and couldn't find any in NYC, Chicago or DC that were on the list, so just assumed it wasn't going to happen.

And I did forget about those other brands. Which until more-recent purchases were rather local hotels. These major hotel chains have so many brands and have become so diversified it is difficult to keep up. That being said, Autograph is not a top tier brand for them, really not even close to a top tier brand.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Laramie
Philanthropist

« Reply #661 on: February 21, 2020, 01:55:38 pm »

Oklahoma City Council established the MAPS 4 Citizens Advisory Board despite some concern about the name:  

Oklahoma Gazette: https://www.okgazette.com/oklahoma/maps-board/Content?oid=6993499

Councilwoman JoBeth Hamon wanted to change the word “citizens” to “residents” in an attempt to be more inclusive.

Oklahoma is very fortunate to have initiatives like OKC MAPS & Tulsa Vision 2025 where capital improvement projects were crafted.  It will be of interest
          to see the fruits of these projects as they are developed and how they will affect the future of Oklahoma's two largest cities.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 01:58:46 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
rebound
Philanthropist

« Reply #662 on: February 24, 2020, 12:15:43 pm »

Quote from: Oil Capital on February 21, 2020, 01:22:42 pm
FWIW, the Marriott family includes Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, Edition and Luxury Collection flags.  There are about 44 of them in the US with 4 or 5 stars.

Also, contrary to your claim, there are at least 4 Autograph Collection hotels in the US on the "Recommended" list plus another 4 international locations.

---------
I must have overlooked them, my apologies. I had a list open of all the Autograph hotels (of which there are many) and couldn't find any in NYC, Chicago or DC that were on the list, so just assumed it wasn't going to happen.

And I did forget about those other brands. Which until more-recent purchases were rather local hotels. These major hotel chains have so many brands and have become so diversified it is difficult to keep up. That being said, Autograph is not a top tier brand for them, really not even close to a top tier brand.

And with the combing of the Starwood Group with Marriott, there are now all the luxury W hotels and related on that side as well.  The Marriott group is huge.
I'm a big fan of the Autograph Collection.   It's kind of the grab-bag for all the cool individual boutique hotels that Marriott brings into their group.  And depending on the hotel (and how creative you get with discounts), they can be a good value for a weekend night somewhere.   

I'm still appalled that OK doesn't have even one "Recommended" level hotel in the state.  If this new hotel can fix that, awesome.

Laramie
Philanthropist

« Reply #663 on: February 25, 2020, 11:02:40 am »

Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center construction update.

Above pics via OKCTalk.com

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #664 on: February 25, 2020, 11:40:00 am »

That sign is really hard to read on that facade.

I read it as "Oklahoma Temporary Arts Center'
Laramie
Philanthropist

« Reply #665 on: February 25, 2020, 12:16:12 pm »

Oklahoma City Convention Center Complex

What will become of the Cox Convention Center once the new Convention Center & 605 room Omni Oklahoma City Hotel opens...

The agreement the city has with Omni says the city will no longer use the Cox Convention Center as the main convention center one year after the Omni opens.  The arena inside the cox is used by the G-League Oklahoma City Blue development team for the Thunder, Bart & Nadia Experience which involves gymnastics and multiple events use the Cox Center, these events probably won't be affected.  SMG will be the management group for the new Oklahoma City Convention Center, Cox Convention Center,  Civic Center Music Hall and the Bennett Events Center & the yet to be constructed State Fair Coliseum apart of $978 million MAPS 4 initiatives passed in December 2019.

Possibilities are that we won't know until years after the new convention center opens.  The City of Oklahoma City is currently evaluating its use as possibly an overflow facility should the new convention center need additional space--which puts OKC in a situation where some tier II conventions may require more space.  The new convention center was built with potential expansion in mind.  There's also room for the Omni to expand south of the convention center complex.  OKC will have 3,300 quality hotel room within walking distance of the new convention center.

The new convention center complex will have $635 million of new construction most of which were funded by the MAPS 3 Initiative passed in 2009.

Laramie
Philanthropist

« Reply #666 on: February 25, 2020, 12:22:32 pm »

That sign is really hard to read on that facade.

I read it as "Oklahoma Temporary Arts Center'

You guys just running me up a tree...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 12:58:30 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
Philanthropist

« Reply #667 on: February 26, 2020, 12:52:58 pm »

Costco plans second Oklahoma City metro store in Moore.

Success of the new OKC Costco store on Western Avenue & Memorial Road, plans are in the works for a Moore store off Telephone Road & I-35 Service Road providing easy access from Norman & South Oklahoma City. Construction should start in the fall of 2020 with a March-April 2021 opening.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #668 on: February 26, 2020, 08:56:30 pm »

Costco plans second Oklahoma City metro store in Moore.

Success of the new OKC Costco store on Western Avenue & Memorial Road, plans are in the works for a Moore store off Telephone Road & I-35 Service Road providing easy access from Norman & South Oklahoma City. Construction should start in the fall of 2020 with a March-April 2021 opening.

Ha!   There is no easy access from Norman & S Okc now - the roads are always busy/full!   

Where would that be?   Telephone and I-35 are parallel all the way up to past N 5th...that is gonna be an exciting traffic situation, too, if they put it up there!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org