A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:18:22 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If Tulsa were the FAA and developers were Boeing...  (Read 2159 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: December 15, 2019, 12:26:29 pm »

City of Tulsa Moves Ahead With Plan to Allow Third-Party Building Inspections, Plan Reviews
https://www.publicradiotulsa.org/post/city-tulsa-moves-ahead-plan-allow-third-party-building-inspections-plan-reviews

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 10:32:56 pm »

City of Tulsa Moves Ahead With Plan to Allow Third-Party Building Inspections, Plan Reviews
https://www.publicradiotulsa.org/post/city-tulsa-moves-ahead-plan-allow-third-party-building-inspections-plan-reviews

Why not?  

I saw a city inspected electrical inspection in west Tulsa that passed, done by a local electrical shop that I see advertise from their BA base from time to time, that was beyond horrible.  And poorly done.  The components were pretty much ok - 10 awg aluminum Romex type wire, with proper CU/AL connections/outlets/breaker.  Sort of...if you trust aluminum wire in your house.   But the wire was left exposed outside the sheet rock in the garage - coming down from the attic, about 7 ft, to a plastic box mounted on the wall (to electric dryer).  Wire just waving in the breeze!  Run came through the attic to the opposite end of the house, about 65 ft (a little bit long, but would have been real good with copper wire), where they did put metal conduit down the outside wall to the circuit breaker box.

But they did NOT tighten all the connections and the city inspector did not inspect them.  How do I know?  The wires were loose, as in wiggle them around and lift them out of the terminal.  I know 'someone' who came along a little later, shut off the power, added some aluminum anti-oxidant, and actually tightened the connections!  No more warm outlet.  No more breaker tripping.

Third party can be very good, if properly vetted/licensed, etc.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 10:34:49 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org