A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:07:19 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I-44 and US-75 Interchange  (Read 19116 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« on: October 16, 2019, 01:00:16 pm »

The I-44 and US-75 interchange is finally inching forward. Engineering contracts have been awarded. https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/widening-the-roads-work-on-i---u-s/article_eb6c5886-e940-59b4-81e3-bf574b797a7b.html

Its getting difficult to drive this section every day. With the bridge rehab work going on, I've finally switched to the Creek turnpike for now, but I don't like the extra expense. This project should have happened years ago. With engineering just now starting, it will still be years from now before we see work even beginning on this.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 02:52:41 pm »

The I-44 and US-75 interchange is finally inching forward. Engineering contracts have been awarded. https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/widening-the-roads-work-on-i---u-s/article_eb6c5886-e940-59b4-81e3-bf574b797a7b.html

Its getting difficult to drive this section every day. With the bridge rehab work going on, I've finally switched to the Creek turnpike for now, but I don't like the extra expense. This project should have happened years ago. With engineering just now starting, it will still be years from now before we see work even beginning on this.

The first phase of this project is set to be sent out for bids next June according to the new ODOT plan. This phase will replace the bridges over I-44 for Union Ave and US-75 and widen I-44 from Union to the River. It's going to be a mess for years.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 07:18:18 pm »

The first phase of this project is set to be sent out for bids next June according to the new ODOT plan. This phase will replace the bridges over I-44 for Union Ave and US-75 and widen I-44 from Union to the River. It's going to be a mess for years.

So glad I don't work in that area any more!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 04:11:51 pm »

While it will be a huge mess it is a project that is well overdue.  I've heard they are going to completely redesign the interchange and instead of clover leafs it will have flyovers. 

Now the state just needs to make the section of US 75 south of 121st to Hwy 67 a limited access highway with interchanges.  It's ridiculous to still have traffic lights on that stretch.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 04:42:26 pm »

While it will be a huge mess it is a project that is well overdue.  I've heard they are going to completely redesign the interchange and instead of clover leafs it will have flyovers. 

Now the state just needs to make the section of US 75 south of 121st to Hwy 67 a limited access highway with interchanges.  It's ridiculous to still have traffic lights on that stretch.

There's just one stoplight, at 141st. Traffic backs up there for a mile every morning and evening. It makes no sense that it's not even on ODOT's long term plans to replace.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 05:31:00 pm »

I don't understand why they haven't done any studies on the I-44/BA interchange OR BA at 169.  Those two need flyover interchanges if any do.  I put my life in peril every time I drive those.  Cloverleafs are dumb.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 08:46:20 pm »

I don't understand why they haven't done any studies on the I-44/BA interchange OR BA at 169.  Those two need flyover interchanges if any do.  I put my life in peril every time I drive those.  Cloverleafs are dumb.

In the new ODOT plan all these interchanges are scheduled to start modern reconstruction:
I-44/US-169 is scheduled to start in 2023
US-169/BA is scheduled to start in 2027
I-44/BA is scheduled to purchase right of way and move utilities in 2024

http://www.odot.org/cwp-8-year-plan/cwp_ffy2020-ffy2027/8_year_cwp_divisiontul_map.pdf
rebound
City Father

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 09:04:40 am »

There's just one stoplight, at 141st. Traffic backs up there for a mile every morning and evening. It makes no sense that it's not even on ODOT's long term plans to replace.

75 should be limited access all the way to 40...

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 09:29:13 am »

In the new ODOT plan all these interchanges are scheduled to start modern reconstruction:
I-44/US-169 is scheduled to start in 2023
US-169/BA is scheduled to start in 2027
I-44/BA is scheduled to purchase right of way and move utilities in 2024

http://www.odot.org/cwp-8-year-plan/cwp_ffy2020-ffy2027/8_year_cwp_divisiontul_map.pdf

Ugh. It's great that there are some theoretical dates set for these projects, but they should have been addressed years ago, and we all know these dates are going to get pushed back. It will be sometime in the 2030's that these interchanges finally get upgraded. Meanwhile we get to deal with wrecks and traffic backups almost every single day. I guess its still not as bad as *some* cities, but still a distressingly low priority.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 11:47:40 am »

That would cut probably 30 min off a drive to Dallas.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2019, 02:51:17 pm »

It should be limited access all the way to Texas.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 05:02:07 pm »

It should be limited access all the way to Texas.

Yeah, just drove this earlier today and that whole stretch of 69 South from McAlester should be limited access.  PITA today, and made me late for a meeting.   

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2020, 10:43:04 pm »

This interchange rebuild starts with the 33rd W Ave bridges on 1/27. The Union bridges and widening I-44 from the river to Union will also start this year. It's going to be a massive mess for many years.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/odot-to-begin-i--bridge-replacements-in-west-tulsa/article_084a3a9c-eebd-588e-9b39-0bbba48b6147.html
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2020, 01:23:54 pm »

I'm looking forward to it. Seriously, it needed to be done ages ago. Unfortunately, this project is just one little piece of it all, and I don't think all of it has been fully funded yet. They need to get all of these bridges expanded, re-do the interchange, and then finish expanding the interstate itself to 6-lane.

Is there any info out there on the widening to Union project? I haven't heard about that. I thought they were doing all of the widening at once.

I'm still just looking forward to the new interchange most of all. Hate dealing with the unnecessary backups every day.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2020, 03:10:00 pm »

I'm looking forward to it. Seriously, it needed to be done ages ago. Unfortunately, this project is just one little piece of it all, and I don't think all of it has been fully funded yet. They need to get all of these bridges expanded, re-do the interchange, and then finish expanding the interstate itself to 6-lane.

Is there any info out there on the widening to Union project? I haven't heard about that. I thought they were doing all of the widening at once.

I'm still just looking forward to the new interchange most of all. Hate dealing with the unnecessary backups every day.

There are design docs at this link:
https://www.ok.gov/odot/Programs_and_Projects/Public_Meetings_and_Hearings/20171102_I-44.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org