A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:25:53 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Arts District Project Overview  (Read 15439 times)
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« on: October 10, 2019, 03:49:43 pm »

I've seen this on other city forums, and thought it would be fun to look at the Arts District from above... the area is definitely going to look different here in a few years! I wasn't able to fit in the Vast Bank headquarters or the planned Edge apartments... they're too the east of the picture.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 03:51:44 pm by ComeOnBenjals » Logged
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 09:11:51 am »

This was my office view from 2008 to 2017. The baseball stadium had just broken ground and Guthrie Green was still an abandoned truck yard. The transformation was incredible to watch. I've since moved to the east side of the building overlooking the Blue Dome district. I can't want to watch Santa Fe Square go up, hopefully sometime rather soon.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 10:17:29 am »

This is awesome, thanks for doing it.

Looks like dirt is moving on WPX already? Or at least site prep/geo tech borings. Are they scheduled to do a formal groundbreaking?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 03:09:53 pm »

This was my office view from 2008 to 2017. The baseball stadium had just broken ground and Guthrie Green was still an abandoned truck yard. The transformation was incredible to watch. I've since moved to the east side of the building overlooking the Blue Dome district. I can't want to watch Santa Fe Square go up, hopefully sometime rather soon.

The past five years have been all about the Brady/Arts District.  I think we’ll see continued growth there but that Blue Dome will be an even larger transformation over the next decade.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 10:00:19 pm »

Curious at what point the property values will encourage companies like the dairy distribution and last few manufacturer reps and machining operations with warehouses to sell off and move elsewhere.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 07:03:19 am »

Curious at what point the property values will encourage companies like the dairy distribution and last few manufacturer reps and machining operations with warehouses to sell off and move elsewhere.

They might leave if they had to pay for on-street parking like the rest of us.
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 08:16:09 am »

Incredible transformation. Do we know what the GKFF development is going to be yet? I've only heard speculation.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 10:56:44 am »

Any way you could expand the picture to show the east end around ONEOK Field?  I know that's considered Greenwood but there's a nice cluster of new and planned development over there.  Vast Bank, The View apartments and GreenArch II. 

There is also the planned developments at Main & Cameron including the TDA property (https://journalrecord.com/2019/09/24/developers-sought-for-1-acre-site-in-downtown-tulsa/) and the LA King property the Hanson Bros are planning to develop into a mixed-use project.

Whatever happened to this project at Main & Brady?  https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/historic-building-in-tulsa-arts-district-likely-will-face-demolition/article_69d063ce-2531-5154-9b2a-15e53aa921b7.html

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 12:17:10 pm »

^The Baird property got denied rezoning permission. They could still tear down the old station anytime they want. https://www.news9.com/story/38989726/caffey

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 12:46:54 pm »

^The Baird property got denied rezoning permission. They could still tear down the old station anytime they want. https://www.news9.com/story/38989726/caffey

Interesting, this would make for a really cool bar/restaurant space with an outdoor patio that kill it in this location

AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 10:34:10 am »

Interesting, this would make for a really cool bar/restaurant space with an outdoor patio that kill it in this location

Agreed.  I would like to see a patio like the Mont in Norman.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 11:46:30 am »

Or it could subdivide into a really swanky T-Mobile and California Nails development.  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 11:58:54 am »

Agreed.  I would like to see a patio like the Mont in Norman.

That’s always been my dream for the Blue Dome building.  Add a bunch of trees/landscaping and wrought iron fence around it and it would be one of the best patios in town.  You could definitely do something similar here too.

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2019, 03:04:46 pm »

Any way you could expand the picture to show the east end around ONEOK Field?  I know that's considered Greenwood but there's a nice cluster of new and planned development over there.  Vast Bank, The View apartments and GreenArch II. 

There is also the planned developments at Main & Cameron including the TDA property (https://journalrecord.com/2019/09/24/developers-sought-for-1-acre-site-in-downtown-tulsa/) and the LA King property the Hanson Bros are planning to develop into a mixed-use project.

Whatever happened to this project at Main & Brady?  https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/historic-building-in-tulsa-arts-district-likely-will-face-demolition/article_69d063ce-2531-5154-9b2a-15e53aa921b7.html

I'll try expanding it here soon.. I can definitely take a picture of that side, not sure if in one continuous shot though!
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 07:56:06 pm »

I'll try expanding it here soon.. I can definitely take a picture of that side, not sure if in one continuous shot though!

Panorama?  It would be cool to see the same shot in 6 months and again in a year from now when Davenport Lofts is topped out, WPX is nearly topped out, Vast Bank is finished and Bob Dylan, GKFF and The View are well underway.  Hopefully some movement on the sites at Main & Cameron as well, which are some of the biggest holes left.  Those and the big surface lots on Archer between Boston and Detroit.  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org