A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:28:57 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiger Hill Plaza coming to Broken Arrow's Tiger Hill  (Read 3988 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« on: October 04, 2019, 10:08:33 am »

https://www.newson6.com/story/41139154/broken-arrow-gets-new-shopping-center

Looks like another fairly generic and car-centric strip mall, but it is a pretty big development that fills in some empty space in this burgeoning commercial area.

I'd like to say it's good for BA, but it might pull business from their downtown redevelopment efforts and be a doubled-edge sword.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 09:20:08 pm »

https://www.newson6.com/story/41139154/broken-arrow-gets-new-shopping-center

Looks like another fairly generic and car-centric strip mall, but it is a pretty big development that fills in some empty space in this burgeoning commercial area.

I'd like to say it's good for BA, but it might pull business from their downtown redevelopment efforts and be a doubled-edge sword.

They cut the base off that hill.  And now blaming the contractor for making a concrete wall weight tens of thousands of pounds that can't hold back tens of millions of pounds... yeah, right.  Stupidest idea for a long time out there.  Bizarre how they get something like downtown so right, then get that hill thing so wrong!

Plus, Hillside Drive is now closed because they cut the bottom off another hill and it collapsed, too!   Wonder who they are gonna blame for that one?  This is road just west of Sprouts and Hobbly Wobbly, and just east of Bass Pro and the two restaurants.

See that commercial about horror movies where the girl asks why not get in the running car and leave?   No, BA has to go behind the running chainsaw curtain...

As for the business' in the strip center - naw, it won't hurt downtown.  They will go in and out of business like so many along that strip of road....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org