A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:31:38 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtime/Site Activity  (Read 28041 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« on: August 23, 2019, 07:22:41 am »

So what's been the deal with all the downtime lately? And what is the status of the site itself?

It seems like there was a plan to relaunch the site this year that fell through. I know TN has been around for a long time now, are the original founders still here? The FB page has been inactive for a long time now as well.

I know how it is with running sites - you get busy, a lot of the original people drop off, and stuff just falls by the wayside. I don't want to sound like I am complaining or ungrateful, but it seems like this board has been hanging on by its last few users for the past couple years and needs a kick start. If there's any way I can offer help to get things moving again, I am up for it.

I've run a few websites myself over the last 15 years. One of them has a similar SMF forum that I've kept going for 12 years now. I notice we are still running on an SMF 1.1 version, which by now isn't really supported. The process to upgrade to 2.x is a bit messy, but I did it with my other site and didn't lose any old posts.

I think the success of OKCTalk shows how useful and vibrant community/development boards like these can be. I hope we can have that again with TulsaNow.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 08:20:44 am »

I agree ^.  While the site was down I did some searching on twitter, and the TN account hasn't been active in about 3 years.  Would love to help revitalize the forum/organization if any additional help is needed. 

This forum has really unique conversations about Tulsa that I don't think exist anywhere else online.  I agree that OKCTalk is a great example of how a vibrant online forum can have be a huge benefit on a city.  Ideas discussed here can have a real impact in the community!
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 08:40:58 am »

First registered 10+ years ago and really missed it the last few days.  I check the forum daily andthough I don't post much, I find out a lot of Tulsa information that isn't readily available elsewhere. 

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 09:16:45 am »

DECOPOLIS would be happy to take it over.  Would hire someone to monitor it, promote it and keep conversations going.  And would see about what it would take to upgrade the site to a newer format.  Would be a nice little step in growing our "media empire" ;-P

DECOPOLIS Tulsa Now Forum    has a nice ring to it IMHO.

If not, have thought about adding some type of forum component to the new website we are working on.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 10:02:26 am »

People are still around, and there have been some talks about getting the band back together. Lot of the originals don't have time for the work, but ideas still floating.

Downtime was due to an issue with our hosting company, took them a bit to figure out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org