A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:25:20 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N Cheyenne and W East  (Read 10914 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 02:30:50 pm »

Looks amazing will totally change the feel of that stretch of Boulder.  Would love to see something similar on the corners at Main & Cameron to tie into this. 

Dspike
Activist

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 02:48:44 pm »

If you are talking north of Cameron between Boulder and Main, Tulsa Parking Authority has an RFP out for that lot. Saw this shared on FB with renderings of two bids:

https://www.facebook.com/meaganfarleyaroundtulsa/posts/718584718895507
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 03:16:25 pm »

If you are talking north of Cameron between Boulder and Main, Tulsa Parking Authority has an RFP out for that lot. Saw this shared on FB with renderings of two bids:

https://www.facebook.com/meaganfarleyaroundtulsa/posts/718584718895507

Either of those would be great, but that second one looks phenomenal. Something about the mix of Mid-Century Modern styles, lighting and the angle created from the parking garage ramp make it look so good. I would be thrilled to see something like that downtown, especially in the Arts District.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 03:27:06 pm »

The plan is online on the permitting site under BLDC-011932-2018 (yes it’s been available for 21 months). It’s a mixed use development with 3 levels of underground parking, retail storefronts on first floor along Boulder, office space on first 3-4 levels, and a 13 story residential tower in the center of the block. My understanding is that it’s intended as affordable, workforce housing. Architecture by Lilly Architects.

Wow! That's huge news... 13 stories is impressive! Could you send the link to see the designs?

Both projects will drastically change that part of the area.
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2020, 03:39:24 pm »

Wow! That's huge news... 13 stories is impressive! Could you send the link to see the designs?

https://tulsaok.tylertech.com/EnerGov4934/SelfService#/permit/cd1aca33-e762-41fb-b949-74ddec2a6373

Look under “Supporting Docs” to find the full plans. It includes full floor plans for all 13 floors.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2020, 11:44:34 am »

Both projects will drastically change that part of the area.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I looked through as much as I could stand and didn't see anything showing specific interior views that would be interesting to look at besides just layout schematics of each floor. The main photo already posted on here was the best summary to post on this board in the 163 page document.

It looks like a pretty huge development though. ~$50-$80 million is what I had heard.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2020, 12:11:49 pm »

Wow, this is really the year of mid-rises for Tulsa. I wonder if this will make it to reality with all that is going on at the moment.

The overpass immediately north of this project is always full of homeless, and John 3:16 is just at the NW corner, so it will definitely be a harsh juxtaposition.
Jacobei
Citizen

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2020, 04:28:40 pm »

I just finished up a zoom call with the GKFF and the architectural firm working on this.  It's slated to start work next year and will likely finish 2022.

Estimated 200-300 units.

The space is gong to be for people who are part of TFA, TAF, Holberton or one of the other GKFF partners.

It looks to be a great project!
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2020, 04:48:05 pm »

That’s great to hear, I wondered what was happening with that project. 

It’s still crazy to go north of 244 and there are just empty lots hopefully all the new development in the Arts District will spillover to that area eventually.  Perfect spot for a mix of housing types literally right next to downtown

AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2020, 09:03:04 am »

I just finished up a zoom call with the GKFF and the architectural firm working on this.  It's slated to start work next year and will likely finish 2022.

Estimated 200-300 units.

The space is gong to be for people who are part of TFA, TAF, Holberton or one of the other GKFF partners.

Thanks for the update.  Over the past week, some limited dirt work has been underway on the lot.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2020, 01:54:46 pm »

Estimated 200-300 units.

Who is the architect group is on the project? Did they show any renderings? Curious if they still have the residential units planned to be in a high-rise form versus the mid-rise we usually see. Also, is it 100% workforce housing or did they say if any of the project is going to be more luxury/market rate units. I know they got funding for workforce housing but wasn't sure how much of the residential units would be set aside for that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org