A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:38:44 pm
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WPX Downtown HQ  (Read 65367 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2022, 11:07:41 am »

They are definitely at the point of moving furniture in now and yet the fences are still up. It's starting to drive me nuts. The exterior has been done for weeks. They've even had benches and parking signage out all this time. I don't see any spots left on the exterior that they are still working on, and all the scaffolding and boom lifts have been removed. Absolutely no reason that the fences have been up this long except that no one from the city seems to care.

It's just aggravating having that much sidewalk unavailable. Not that it's a super high traffic area, but it's always been a pet peeve of mine that developments are able to close off sidewalks for ages with no regard to pedestrians.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2022, 02:59:31 pm »

They are definitely at the point of moving furniture in now and yet the fences are still up. It's starting to drive me nuts. The exterior has been done for weeks. They've even had benches and parking signage out all this time. I don't see any spots left on the exterior that they are still working on, and all the scaffolding and boom lifts have been removed. Absolutely no reason that the fences have been up this long except that no one from the city seems to care.

It's just aggravating having that much sidewalk unavailable. Not that it's a super high traffic area, but it's always been a pet peeve of mine that developments are able to close off sidewalks for ages with no regard to pedestrians.

Totally agree.  The 21Greenwood project was especially egregious shutting down Greenwood for over a year. 

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2022, 04:12:26 pm »

Last time I was at Cain's, Davenport is still fenced up. It started earlier than OKPOP, is a smaller scale project, and POP already had the sidewalk open. I'm pretty sure WPX started later too, is much, much bigger in scale, and they seem on the verge of opening the sidewalk. The city should confiscate Davenport for that nonsense, in addition to the problem with its existence to begin with.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2022, 07:54:16 pm »

The Davenport building is CRAWLING... I can't believe they haven't wrapped it up yet. Some of the condos look like they still have significant work left.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2022, 08:49:25 am »

Parts of Davenport are finished. They have at least one apartment that you can see fully furnished and it looks like the rooftop is done and has been used. The issue seems to be utilities? You can see where the gas/water meters have been dug up currently (or as of last weekend). In any case, the city needs to get a handle on all of these projects. Davenport especially since it affects foot traffic to Cain's.

I'm going by tomorrow, and if the fences are still up with no sign of progress I'm going to be a Karen and message someone at the city about it. I just want them to give some regard to pedestrians.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2022, 03:55:47 pm »

Parts of Davenport are finished. They have at least one apartment that you can see fully furnished and it looks like the rooftop is done and has been used. The issue seems to be utilities? You can see where the gas/water meters have been dug up currently (or as of last weekend). In any case, the city needs to get a handle on all of these projects. Davenport especially since it affects foot traffic to Cain's.

I'm going by tomorrow, and if the fences are still up with no sign of progress I'm going to be a Karen and message someone at the city about it. I just want them to give some regard to pedestrians.

Email Brian Kurtz at the Downtown Tulsa Partnership.  brian@downtowntulsa.org

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2022, 11:21:12 pm »

Drove by the WPX building today and it looks better than it did in the pics in the thread. Noticed that there were a dozen or so workers there today so maybe soon the fencing is gone.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2022, 11:29:36 am »

Email Brian Kurtz at the Downtown Tulsa Partnership.  brian@downtowntulsa.org

I doubt Brian can do anything in that regard outside of be an advocate to the city to create rules in the future.

Really all they need is to establish a pedestrian walkway blocked off to make it safe. It's commonly done in other cities, if you have to close the sidewalk then there's a double barrier essentially that allows people safe passage without feeling like a car is going to run you over.

The people anyone should email is probably city council and ask they pass some ordinance or amend construction codes for what to do when a sidewalk is temporarily closed for construction.

StrongTowns article about this: https://www.strongtowns.org/journal/2018/1/26/the-sidewalk-mistake-our-cities-need-to-stop-making

Something like this is a pretty simple ask of developers to do and wouldn't exactly add much cost either:

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2022, 06:17:03 am »

Or they could just draw a little line in the street like they did with the bike lanes and hope for the best.  Grin

I'm here all week - try the veal!
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2022, 06:05:59 pm »

They opened the sidewalks on the east and west sides... Still poking around with the building itself being roped off. I guess they are waiting for more tenants to really open it up? Hope they have some fish on the line in that regard because this place is ready to open.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2022, 05:16:42 pm »

Building is supposed to be fully open in November I believe, still working on interior stuff even though it looks ready. It'll be another month or two before the city issues a certificate of occupancy.

I'm surprised no one on here has commented on the fact that they've started the conversion of Detroit and Cincinnati to two way streets. I hope they don't just let it be at this one block for months before they start going up and down the corridors. At least do it all the way north through 244 sooner than later.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 05:18:21 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2022, 10:36:16 am »

I've noticed the street changes. Seems like a positive step.

I haven't seen this building at night... is there any lighting near the top?
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2022, 01:14:05 pm »

https://www.newson6.com/story/632494dcb10465243a335c8b/watch:-exclusive-look-inside-downtown-tulsas-new-highrise-

The building is finally done and ready to officially open in the next couple weeks. The law firm is still ready to move in and the building is now being heavily marketed to other companies. A new restaurant is interested in the commercial space on the bottom floors, and more details will be known by the end of the year.

The 700 garage spaces are about to open to the pubic too, which will help the area out immensely due to how hard parking can be to come by on certain nights.

I didn't know they re-used some of the Spaghetti Warehouse building bricks! Lots of interesting details in this building and I'm glad it is finally complete.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2022, 12:42:37 pm »

Two more floors are leased. Building is now about 40% leased. The corner retail spot is leased as well at Reconciliation and Detroit, leaves just two retail spaces open now - the one on Reconciliation closer to Guthrie Green and the one on the northeast corner.

Tried to pull up the permits and there's two requests for signs pending but couldn't get the PDF's to open. I'm assuming one is for the law firm and I'm betting the other is the other tenant. 4 total floors of the towers are fully leased.
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2022, 05:14:59 pm »

I wonder where Canoo will office, assuming everything pans out for them?  Looks like they have 375 positions to fill in Tulsa.  Maybe they will occupy some of the floors in this building.  They could put their name on the building. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org