A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:05:05 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QuikTrip, Rib Crib, other eateries to locate in new food hall in BOK Tower  (Read 2468 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« on: February 02, 2022, 01:26:42 pm »

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/quiktrip-rib-crib-other-eateries-to-locate-in-new-food-hall-in-bok-tower/article_124109a8-8375-11ec-ab25-9332b2e73620.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

QuikTrip is among six stores/eateries that will locate in the renovated plaza level of the Bank of Oklahoma Tower downtown.

All will operate within a new food hall and dining area expected to open in the second quarter of this year. The other vendors are Rib Crib, Chicken and the Wolf, Señor Pablo, Tokyo Garden and fRoot Bowls.

The food hall will be open to the public.

"We are excited about this renovation for an iconic building, providing upgraded amenities and features for employees and tenants for decades to come," said Tom Droege, a spokesman for Williams, which owns the 52-story skyscraper.

The QT will be only its second location in the country that doesn't sell gasoline, company spokeswoman Aisha Jefferson-Smith said.

"It's a unique, new store design for us to try out and see how it kind of goes," she said by phone. "We're always looking for new and innovative things to do as far as the company is concerned. This is one where we saw a great opportunity."

Garrett Mills is president and CEO of Chandler Hospitality Group, which operates Rib Crib.

"We've had a Blue Dome location (302 E. 1st St.) that we closed during COVID and reopened in the summer of 2020," Mills said by phone.

"Obviously the (foot) traffic downtown isn't back to pre-COVID levels. So, when Williams said they were putting together this food hall, we saw it as an opportunity to shift our downtown operations to the BOK Tower.

"We were excited about what they had envisioned and thought it would be good to get on board."

The Bank of Oklahoma Tower, home to large employers such as BOK, Williams and Magellan Midstream Partners, is undergoing a renovation that includes improvements to the lobby, a new lounge and exterior terrace.

It marks the largest rehabilitation of the main plaza since the high-rise was completed in 1976
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 01:29:56 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 06:32:52 pm »

Work in the Tower... the new lobby is open and 95% complete, it's extremely nice! Everyone is really excited about the food court.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 06:48:18 pm »

May have to go try a Coke at QT to see if they get it right at that location....

But Rib Crib??   Really??  Geez....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 12:29:58 pm »

Sounds like the Rib Crib space at 1st & Detroit will be available, or maybe Chandler will open another concept there. 

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 12:41:49 pm »

I assume it's targeted for workers in the tower and city hall, so no nights and weekends I assume? It's a bad location for foot traffic or visitors outside of workers who are already there.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 01:42:01 pm »

I assume it's targeted for workers in the tower and city hall, so no nights and weekends I assume? It's a bad location for foot traffic or visitors outside of workers who are already there.

Sounds similar to the food hall at the Devon Tower in OKC which attracts people from outside that building but for lunch only.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 02:36:46 pm »

Sounds like the Rib Crib space at 1st & Detroit will be available, or maybe Chandler will open another concept there. 

I was wondering why they have been keeping that place closed. Seems like a prime spot, but I'm sure the parking complaints from their typical boomer crowd made it tough for them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org