A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:50:53 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OSU Center for Health Sciences - Endowment  (Read 4563 times)
ELG4America
Activist

« on: April 02, 2019, 08:56:38 am »

OSU Center for Health Sciences in Tulsa to receive $177.5 million endowment from the state of Oklahoma's $270 million settlement with Purdue Pharma and the Sackler family over downplaying the risks of prescription painkiller OxyContin. This could be a transformational cash injection for OSU CHS.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/settlement-could-be-transformative-for-osu-center-for-health-sciences/article_41623796-6ddf-54e7-a39f-e2279caacfb1.html

brettakins
Activist

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 09:56:35 am »

Where is the other $100 million going?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 11:16:53 am »

I saw this and agree this is good news for OSU-CHS, I wonder if they will need to construct a new building for this program.

ELG4America
Activist

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 01:01:00 pm »

Where is the other $100 million going?

Looks like the ~$177 million is the up front cash and Purdue and the Sacklers have pledged a further $20 Million/year for 5 years in cash and in-kind contributions of addiction treatment medicines like Naloxone. Not sure if those funds are going to OSU or the State.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 04:57:48 pm »

Construction just started on North Hall a new 4 story building on an existing parking lot (Lot B) at the OSUHSC.  Anyone know if this new building is tied to the settlement endowment?

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 09:55:23 am »

Construction just started on North Hall a new 4 story building on an existing parking lot (Lot B) at the OSUHSC.  Anyone know if this new building is tied to the settlement endowment?

This is nice to see, I hope they keep growing this campus.

Kaiser Foundation is nearing ground breaking for rebuilding all of the apartments south of the OSU campus from 21st to 23rd Street. I think it will be done in 4 or 5 phases over the next few years but that entire area is going to be rebuilt to look very similar to the low income apartments they built in Kendall Whittier where the buildings will be street facing and parking in the middle. I think they're going to rebuild the park/green space area that's between Olympia and Jackson during Phase 1 and will kind of act like an extension of River West Park.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 10:09:14 am »

I wish they had found a way to move that entire operation to the downtown OSU-Tulsa campus to fill in the parking lots and have plenty of green space, but it looks like the neighborhoods around this campus are set to improve, and it really is a nice location near the river, so it should work out fine.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 01:37:35 pm »

I wish they had found a way to move that entire operation to the downtown OSU-Tulsa campus to fill in the parking lots and have plenty of green space, but it looks like the neighborhoods around this campus are set to improve, and it really is a nice location near the river, so it should work out fine.

With the VA moving into the state office building complex north of 7th there will likely be more expansion of the hospital in the future, and those parking lots on both sides of Houston Ave. are ripe for that development.  Hopefully that would include streetscape improvements to Houston so it can be more of a gateway from that part of downtown to the river.  Same for the pedestrian connection across the river between the health sciences center and the hospital.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org