A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:44:57 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15th & Columbia  (Read 6858 times)
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« on: February 01, 2019, 12:14:20 pm »

Anyone have a clue about the development going up diagonal across from Pie Hole, adjacent to OZ.  The first (East) of what appears to be two buildings is framed and looks to have great street engagement with either a large patio or entrance right at the sidewalk.  Just wondering what is goin in.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Dspike
Activist

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 12:34:33 pm »

Think that is the new Bill and Ruths. But someone on here would know for sure.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 01:05:05 pm »

Anyone have a clue about the development going up diagonal across from Pie Hole, adjacent to OZ.  The first (East) of what appears to be two buildings is framed and looks to have great street engagement with either a large patio or entrance right at the sidewalk.  Just wondering what is goin in.

Almost looks as if it would be two floors, but could be a high ceiling.
Bill and Ruths took over the old QT #15 location and now QT wants it back... and everything around it.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21582.0

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
commonsense
Tourist

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 04:25:50 pm »

According to the November 2018 Commercial Permits document from the City's website, it's the new Bill & Ruth's location.

https://www.cityoftulsa.org/government/departments/development-services/permitting/permit-center/
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 12:31:53 pm »

Bill & Ruth's Facebook page confirms that is their new location.

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 01:04:11 pm »

Looks like it will include parking behind or to the side which is great for that corridor.  Lots of potential for this to be a smaller version of Cherry Street to the west with the established Florence Park neighborhood to the south and mostly revitalized Renaissance neighborhood and TU to the north.  Now we just need some new development at 15th & Delaware

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 07:17:21 pm »

Looks like it will include parking behind or to the side which is great for that corridor.  Lots of potential for this to be a smaller version of Cherry Street to the west with the established Florence Park neighborhood to the south and mostly revitalized Renaissance neighborhood and TU to the north.  Now we just need some new development at 15th & Delaware

Last plans I saw call for reducing 15th there to one lane each way, like what is being done to Lewis Ave. north of 11th.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 02:10:42 pm »

There used to be a few street-fronting old brick buildings at 15th and Delaware and a mid-century one, all with decently popular eclectic retail shops. All of it was demolished years ago, kicking those tenants out, and has remained ugly eye sores ever since. What a waste!
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 12:11:31 pm »

There used to be a few street-fronting old brick buildings at 15th and Delaware and a mid-century one, all with decently popular eclectic retail shops. All of it was demolished years ago, kicking those tenants out, and has remained ugly eye sores ever since. What a waste!

I know, perfect place for new urban development though.  Fill that in with a mixed-use building and along with the Bill & Ruth's you can start to build more of a critical mass along this stretch of 15th. 

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 12:27:03 pm »

Here is a Google street view showing the buildings I think you are talking about in 2011. Was the MCM building you were referring to the Carpet City Building?

https://goo.gl/maps/sSkU2QNdqxA2

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 02:11:55 pm »

Here is a Google street view showing the buildings I think you are talking about in 2011. Was the MCM building you were referring to the Carpet City Building?

Try this:  https://goo.gl/maps/1BHhYMVHY1E2
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 02:38:19 pm »

Yes that's the one!

I guesss it's not really MCM, but seemed that way at the time in all white with the mid-century era windows/facades.

Another view:
https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1405983,-95.9500685,3a,75y,39.62h,89.57t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9hnx5NjAOb4J5f1ffx5XlQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en&authuser=0
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 02:44:11 pm »

I know, perfect place for new urban development though.  Fill that in with a mixed-use building and along with the Bill & Ruth's you can start to build more of a critical mass along this stretch of 15th. 

I'm not very optimistic. I heard that it was owned by the Pain Management center on that corner and they plan to turn it into a parking lot. It has sat like the eye sore it is now for so many years now.

Kudos to their new exceptionally obnoxious eye sore of a sign on the east side of their building! Giant blue "O K L A H O M A P A I N C E N T E R"...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org