A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:45:44 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma Moves into No. 2 Spot for Wind Power Capacity in the Nation  (Read 17280 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2022, 05:50:50 pm »

Only in California.   Grin 

Saw quite a few in CA, but I think there were more in that little no man's land strip of TX.

I did get to stop at the free 72 oz steakhouse-if you eat it all - place!   Second worst steakhouse we have ever been to.   Colton's in AR was the worst.

But I did get a hat with a very wide brim for farm work at a good price!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2022, 06:23:16 pm »

Saw quite a few in CA, but I think there were more in that little no man's land strip of TX.

There's a bunch between Tulsa and Dodge City, KS as the private airplane flys.

I did get to stop at the free 72 oz steakhouse-if you eat it all - place!   Second worst steakhouse we have ever been to.   Colton's in AR was the worst.

I don't think I ever could have eaten a 72 oz steak, even when I was a bunch younger.  And that's not to even mention the potatoes.

But I did get a hat with a very wide brim for farm work at a good price!

A good hat can be a good deal.  I still use sun-block in the summer.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2022, 06:28:38 pm »

Can a car go without a starter?

Park on a hill with manual tranny in an old car and you are golden.  You could even have a battery that needed to be charged.

Sorry, just had to say it.

Grin

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2022, 09:56:46 am »

Park on a hill with manual tranny in an old car and you are golden.  You could even have a battery that needed to be charged.

Grin

Real men (and women) don't need starters, clutches, or electric windows!
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2022, 12:58:49 pm »

Grin

In that case the buddy that shoves the car out of the parking space on the hill is your "starter"
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2022, 07:28:16 pm »

In that case the buddy that shoves the car out of the parking space on the hill is your "starter"

Well, no buddy required but you could consider gravity your starter.  But that's a bit of a stretch.

Cheesy

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2022, 07:32:36 pm »

My sister would debate the issue of clutches. (Edit)  She would say real men (and women) don't need automatic transmissions. (/edit)  She looked for quite a while to find the sport sedan she wanted with a 6 speed manual tranny.

Having said that....  automatic transmissions have internal clutches, just not one you need to manually operate.  Not too sure here how CVT works from a stop.  

« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 07:50:17 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2022, 09:57:41 pm »

Just my high school experience with a friend with a Le Car with no starter.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2022, 10:36:23 pm »

Just my high school experience with a friend with a Le Car with no starter.

LeCar was light enough you didn't really need a buddy to push it.  I had a friend with one.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2022, 10:04:57 am »

Wrong!!   I NEED electric windows!   Everything else is an option....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2022, 12:09:27 pm »

If you kept your air conditioning working, you wouldn't need to roll down the windows from the driver's seat.

Grin

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2022, 12:28:50 pm »

None of our cars have electric windows or doors. I have nothing against either or technology in general, I just try to avoid things that I can see breaking and being real expensive to fix. Like refrigerators with internet in the door - who thought this was a good idea?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2022, 12:34:33 pm »

I just try to avoid things that I can see breaking and being real expensive to fix.

Same here but sometimes the simple approach is no longer available.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2022, 09:51:01 am »

None of our cars have electric windows or doors. I have nothing against either or technology in general, I just try to avoid things that I can see breaking and being real expensive to fix. Like refrigerators with internet in the door - who thought this was a good idea?

I have occasionally mentioned my fleet of Merc Grand Marquis.... NOTORIOUS for failed electric window mechanisms!!   I have had to replace 4 window regulator/motors on each of 4 different cars!   I have become very fast at this and can change them out in about 40 minutes each.  Parts cost just under $100 each window.

Not too bad given the benefits of the car.  Last trip to east coast we averaged 26 mpg riding in a big ole luxurious mush-mobile!  Best cruiser available since the 1966 Buick Electra 225.!!

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2022, 10:11:59 am »

Last trip to east coast we averaged 26 mpg riding in a big ole luxurious mush-mobile!  Best cruiser available since the 1966 Buick Electra 225.!!

Mush-mobiles give me motion sickness. 

Sad

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org