A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:41:26 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma Moves into No. 2 Spot for Wind Power Capacity in the Nation  (Read 17274 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2022, 02:43:07 pm »

And Oklahoma is number 2 in wind power, so that explains the Failin' Stitt years.

We never seem to make it to #1 or even #50.  We need to try harder.

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2022, 08:32:15 am »

It's time to rewrite the contracts to the land owners such that poor maintenance and tax credits elsewhere do not reduce payments to the land owners.  It's also time for utilities in general to face financial responsibility (they might lose money) for incompetence.

There is zero point in for-profit utilities - that crap needs to be government-run. Private industry proves over and over again they put profits over quality / maintenance and that's fine for widget factories and widget companies and so on but not for utilities.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2022, 08:03:08 am »

We never seem to make it to #1 or even #50.  We need to try harder.

Hard to beat Texas - they have so much wind!    Old saying about summer/winter in Oklahoma - summer wind from south because Kansas sucks, and Texas blows.  Reversed for winter.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
whoatown
Activist

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2022, 02:18:37 pm »

If wind power is so good, why does it need at the very least another farm of solar panels to get them kicked off (started)?  They don't start themselves, even in the middle of a tornado.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2022, 02:37:24 pm »

If wind power is so good, why does it need at the very least another farm of solar panels to get them kicked off (started)?  They don't start themselves, even in the middle of a tornado.

Whoa
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2022, 03:36:19 pm »

Awww...back to the Russian Troll Moment!   Again.

You know nothing about any of that.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
whoatown
Activist

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2022, 04:25:54 pm »

Awww...back to the Russian Troll Moment!   Again.

You know nothing about any of that.

I've driven by newly installed wind farms.  None of the blades were moving.  Until acted upon.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2022, 05:00:10 pm »

I've driven by newly installed wind farms.  None of the blades were moving.  Until acted upon.

Can a car go without a starter?

Oh wait, and electric one can. Whoa.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2022, 08:14:14 pm »

You have no clue about anything you have talked about here so far.   You should at least make an attempt to learn something.

Side note;  I just drove by thousands of them on the way to CA a week ago.  Most were turning, with a few stopped, probably for maintenance of load balancing.   And flew back over several thousand more, most of which were turning.  Very cool to see those from 30,000 ft.!

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2022, 03:01:15 am »

And flew back over several thousand more, most of which were turning.  Very cool to see those from 30,000 ft.!

Even more impressive from about 2000 to 6000 ft.

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2022, 07:57:45 am »

Even more impressive from about 2000 to 6000 ft.

Be careful getting too close to them - I heard they'll give you cancer!  Grin
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2022, 10:09:45 am »

Be careful getting too close to them - I heard they'll give you cancer!  Grin

Only in California.   Grin 

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2022, 05:00:05 am »

ah yes - ol' Prop 65. Good intentions gone awry.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2022, 05:18:31 pm »

Florida, maybe.

For the uninitiated, Trump’s comments about wind energy at a Republican fundraising dinner Tuesday night must have seemed like a non sequitur, at best.

“Hillary wanted to put up wind. Wind!” Trump said, referring to the energy policies of his 2016 opponent Hillary Clinton. “If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations, your house just went down 75 percent in value. And they say the noise causes cancer. You tell me that one, okay?”

He imitated the blades of a wind turbine turning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/04/03/trump-claims-that-wind-farms-cause-cancer-very-trumpian-reasons/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2022, 09:48:15 am »

It's still an eye-roller how idiots like TFG and MTG seem to be confused on how batteries work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org