A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:36:30 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liz Warren is In  (Read 13598 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: December 31, 2018, 01:47:42 pm »

Didn’t we just have an election? But okay, bring on Liz.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 04:35:07 pm »

Didn’t we just have an election? But okay, bring on Liz.

Well, Fake Fox News is commenting on her bad timing!  That must mean it is impeccably perfect.

Even as 'odd' as she is, still a breath of fresh air from all the Swamp Gaslighting we have endured the last several years.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/elizabeth-warren-leads-democrats-2020-contenders-in-bad-timing

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 05:59:49 pm »

Well, Fake Fox News is commenting on her bad timing!  That must mean it is impeccably perfect.

Even as 'odd' as she is, still a breath of fresh air from all the Swamp Gaslighting we have endured the last several years.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/elizabeth-warren-leads-democrats-2020-contenders-in-bad-timing

I'm not a big fan of hers, but she clearly has Trump and his FoxNews minions rattled. I count FIVE stories about Warren on the front page of Fox.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 09:12:22 pm »

Other than perhaps having a better personality than HRC, what exactly are her qualifications to be POTUS.

Please don't deflect on "Well Trump..." or "Well Baby Bush..."

Let's hear some real qualifications.  I'm not aware of any other than she's a sitting Senator which means squat.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 09:17:10 pm »

Other than perhaps having a better personality than HRC, what exactly are her qualifications to be POTUS.

Let's hear some real qualifications.  I'm not aware of any other than she's a sitting Senator which means squat.

I'm not real high on her to be honest.  She'll be stomped on by whomever is the Republican nominee.  I'm not sure who I'd favor in the current list of probables (which are about 20).

Being a sitting senator does mean squat.  But at least it's not a wanna be CEO who borrowed a boat load of money from Daddy to get started and wound up being the thing that most Conservatives hate.  Hollywood elite (keep in mind he produced The Apprentice).

If Kasich gets in the race I'd even look at him.  I said that last Presidential election.  It would be nice to have someone who at least can be statesman like in their speech.  And has some knowledge on how to run a government (even if it was just Ohio)

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 09:35:25 pm »

I'm not real high on her to be honest.  She'll be stomped on by whomever is the Republican nominee.  I'm not sure who I'd favor in the current list of probables (which are about 20).

Being a sitting senator does mean squat.  But at least it's not a wanna be CEO who borrowed a boat load of money from Daddy to get started and wound up being the thing that most Conservatives hate.  Hollywood elite (keep in mind he produced The Apprentice).

If Kasich gets in the race I'd even look at him.  I said that last Presidential election.  It would be nice to have someone who at least can be statesman like in their speech.  And has some knowledge on how to run a government (even if it was just Ohio)

Good gubernatorial experience goes a long way in my books when considering relevant experience to leading the country.  Being a junior "go-along-to-get-along" Representative or Senator doesn't equate to leadership experience it means you are used to having other's thumbs on you, not the best qualities for a leader.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 07:47:47 pm »

Let's hear some real qualifications.  I'm not aware of any other than she's a sitting Senator which means squat.

Not sure she has any better than any of the others of recent decades.  The best 2 from 'qualifications' standpoint in many decades were Gerald Ford and probably Billy Bob.

Ford because of his Congressional experience - he was a master at working with people in the House and the Senate.  This country missed a great opportunity.  Carter was pretty good - mostly because of his Governor experience, but he was "too nice" a guy.  Plus, he inherited a military that was truly in shambles, trying to recover from the catastrophic 'Asian War Games'.  And then thrown into a war we didn't know how to fight. (We are doing something similar right now - all desert wars with no jungle war experience - the opposite of the late 70's.)

But it all worked out ok in the end - Reagan just had his buddy Oliver North commit a bunch of felonies to pay off the Iranians, then the hostages came back, the Contras got the guns they needed to kill Priests, Nuns, women, and children!   Everybody wins..!   Well, except for those dead ones...  And North was convicted, got a paid off judge to reverse the conviction, and Fake Fox News made him a "Great American Hero"!!    Makes sense - did it with Custer for killing women and children, may as well do it for North!   At least we are consistent over the centuries!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 12:07:06 am »

Not sure she has any better than any of the others of recent decades.  The best 2 from 'qualifications' standpoint in many decades were Gerald Ford and probably Billy Bob.

Ford because of his Congressional experience - he was a master at working with people in the House and the Senate.  This country missed a great opportunity.  Carter was pretty good - mostly because of his Governor experience, but he was "too nice" a guy.  Plus, he inherited a military that was truly in shambles, trying to recover from the catastrophic 'Asian War Games'.  And then thrown into a war we didn't know how to fight. (We are doing something similar right now - all desert wars with no jungle war experience - the opposite of the late 70's.)

But it all worked out ok in the end - Reagan just had his buddy Oliver North commit a bunch of felonies to pay off the Iranians, then the hostages came back, the Contras got the guns they needed to kill Priests, Nuns, women, and children!   Everybody wins..!   Well, except for those dead ones...  And North was convicted, got a paid off judge to reverse the conviction, and Fake Fox News made him a "Great American Hero"!!    Makes sense - did it with Custer for killing women and children, may as well do it for North!   At least we are consistent over the centuries!

Okay, thread over, apparently Senator Warren is not well-suited for the job or at least people who can cite her qualifications don't read our tiny little forum here.

Heir:  I always wanted to see if eating paste in Kindergarten is the reason for your ADHD and lack of ability to follow directions in a thread.  Any clues?

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 12:42:04 am »

via Imgflip Meme Generator
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 11:46:06 am »

Okay, thread over, apparently Senator Warren is not well-suited for the job or at least people who can cite her qualifications don't read our tiny little forum here.

Heir:  I always wanted to see if eating paste in Kindergarten is the reason for your ADHD and lack of ability to follow directions in a thread.  Any clues?

Followed your lead exactly (plus a tiny commentary).

Your question was what qualifications....I merely stated she doesn't seem to have anything different from the myriad of others,,,   Except for two of the three I mentioned - one by virtue of his extreme ability to work with Congress to get things done.  The other because of his gubernatorial experience.   Didn't even mention the farcical Baby Bush governor experience....as you requested!

Carter had good gubernatorial experience - did a lot of good stuff for GA before they went all stupid in recent years.  Inherited a major 'sh$tstorm' economy as President that he handled at least as well as anyone else has in similar circumstances, and better than most.  He just couldn't overcome the bad press assault from the extremist right...same playbook being used today to spew.

Last, commentary.  Always need some commentary with a tidbit of history - since no one learns any from their Fake Fox News diet.

Oh, yeah...not a fan of her, either.

Hmmmm...paste!!!  Yum!!   But the window ledges with their many layers of lead paint was always the chosen alternative!   Sweet and savory - much like good Chinese cuisine!!

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 12:39:34 pm »

Trump has weighed in

And the "kill shot"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-elizabeth-warren-psychiatrist-2020-election-democrats-latest-a8706186.html

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 02:21:39 pm »

I like her story. Went to school on a debate scholarship, upon graduation worked in an elementary school, went to law school, then became an expert on tax law. She was a Republican up until the mid 1990s.

She founded the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau despite strong opposition from banks and was blocked by Republicans to lead it, so she ran fro Senate and won. She just won again on a platform of helping the middle class.

The Republican party hates her because she champions the middle class.

Power is nothing till you use it.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 02:45:18 pm »

The Republican party hates her because she champions the middle class.

And while campaigning as a champion to the middle class, her campaign was funded by Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, in return to put forth extremely strict restrictions and regulations on people running Air B N B to the point where the small middle class business owner get crushed. She's in favor of Dodd Frank and how it benefits big banks and crushes small regional bank with fees and regulations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/the-finance-202/2018/03/12/the-finance-202-warren-goes-on-attack-over-dodd-frank-rollback/5aa5d8f730fb047655a06bff/?utm_term=.7b128a0f28ba

https://thehill.com/regulation/finance/377169-warren-slams-dems-for-backing-bank-deregulation-bill

https://www.inc.com/business-insider/senator-elizabeth-warren-backs-government-probe-airbnb-rental-sites.html

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2019, 05:27:44 pm »

And while campaigning as a champion to the middle class, her campaign was funded by Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, in return to put forth extremely strict restrictions and regulations on people running Air B N B to the point where the small middle class business owner get crushed. She's in favor of Dodd Frank and how it benefits big banks and crushes small regional bank with fees and regulations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/the-finance-202/2018/03/12/the-finance-202-warren-goes-on-attack-over-dodd-frank-rollback/5aa5d8f730fb047655a06bff/?utm_term=.7b128a0f28ba

https://thehill.com/regulation/finance/377169-warren-slams-dems-for-backing-bank-deregulation-bill

https://www.inc.com/business-insider/senator-elizabeth-warren-backs-government-probe-airbnb-rental-sites.html

If I said this once I've said it a million times.  I say it every election cycle.  Get big lobbies outta the election process.  Completely.  And of course, now the word is that former Speaker Paul Ryan is headed to do what?  You guessed it, be a lobbyist.  So much for spending more time with his family I guess....and I use him because I heard the news about this today.  I'm sure many Dems do this too.  Both sides need reform.  The whole system does.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2019, 06:23:21 pm »

If I said this once I've said it a million times.  I say it every election cycle.  Get big lobbies outta the election process.  Completely.  And of course, now the word is that former Speaker Paul Ryan is headed to do what?  You guessed it, be a lobbyist.  So much for spending more time with his family I guess....and I use him because I heard the news about this today.  I'm sure many Dems do this too.  Both sides need reform.  The whole system does.

Why would Ryan leave behind all the graft and his concubines in DC?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org