A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:16:02 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady Theater being renamed  (Read 9682 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2018, 02:32:15 pm »

The gates been opened. I'm waiting for someone that wants St Francis and St Johns changed because of the Catholic priest sex abuse scandal.

To fix blame for the 1921 riot-massacre, we would have to overlook historians who note that the Klan wasnt even active in Tulsa at the time.  Once it was, you might have been hard-pressed to find almost any civic leader who didnt regard it as some sort of Chamber Of Commerce or Fraternal Order.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2018, 06:20:16 pm »

To fix blame for the 1921 riot-massacre, we would have to overlook historians who note that the Klan wasnt even active in Tulsa at the time.  Once it was, you might have been hard-pressed to find almost any civic leader who didnt regard it as some sort of Chamber Of Commerce or Fraternal Order.

About that...not believing it.  Those 'historians' didn't actually look at history.  I was at a place in the late 60's that had things of interest to extremists on both ends of the stupid spectrum.  Was 'courted' by the Klan, John Birch Society, American Nazi Party, Communist party, Black Panthers, the JDL - Jewish Defense League, and the Revolutionary Communist Party (splinter group).  Just to name a few.  FBI was curious about all that attention, too, so I guess you could include them...?   Klan at that time was very outgoing about their long running traditions and the continuity down through the ages.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2018, 11:10:27 pm »

I was at a place in the late 60's that had things of interest to extremists on both ends of the stupid spectrum.  Was 'courted' by the Klan, John Birch Society, American Nazi Party, Communist party, Black Panthers, the JDL - Jewish Defense League, and the Revolutionary Communist Party (splinter group).  Just to name a few.  FBI was curious about all that attention, too, so I guess you could include them...?   Klan at that time was very outgoing about their long running traditions and the continuity down through the ages.

1960's...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2018, 02:31:47 pm »

1960's...

Mostly...

Some 1860's...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2018, 10:28:55 am »

Reconciliation Way is nothing more than a cry to remember the race riots, not a positive approach to race relations.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/letters/letter-to-the-editor-changing-brady-to-reflect-the-city/article_0ce5d969-a874-5cbc-aef4-6e9556953122.html

Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2019, 02:29:58 pm »

The gates been opened. I'm waiting for someone that wants St Francis and St Johns changed because of the Catholic priest sex abuse scandal.

Well the apropos analogy would be if St. Francis or St. John's was actually named after a specific priest who was convicted of sex abuse... and then well... yeah... I would think that re-naming might be in order.

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2019, 03:08:32 pm »

Well the apropos analogy would be if St. Francis or St. John's was actually named after a specific priest who was convicted of sex abuse... and then well... yeah... I would think that re-naming might be in order.

Agree 100%

You don't need to convict the whole Roman Catholic Church for the actions of misguided groups,  anymore than you would convict all white folks for the atrocities committed by the KKK.

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org