A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:23:49 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Owasso Redbud District (Downtown Developments)  (Read 6476 times)
Rattle Trap
Activist

« on: November 02, 2018, 12:44:01 pm »

I thought I'd start a thread on this since I haven't seen anyone really post about it. Owasso's Redbud district developments seem to be coming close to finishing. As someone from Owasso, it's good to see Owasso actually getting new developments that aren't fast food places. The two major developments are Seven6Main and the Mowery Development, both of which are mixed-use developments for office, retail, and apartments.

Confirmed Tenants:
- Smoke Woodfire Grill
- Drip Coffee Shop
- Mad Eats

Has anyone heard of other tenants moving in?
https://redbudowasso.com/
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 12:53:25 pm »

So far behind...they almost let their downtown 'get away' from them.  It is so tiny, I think it will be tough to make it big like some of the other small towns around. 

I worked in a family store for a couple years there in the 60's, and always enjoy going by to look at the two locations they had - one on the east side, southernmost storefront on Main (was The Shack last time was by), other on the west side, next to southernmost storefront (taco shop?).

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 02:56:58 pm »

Between Seven6Main and the Mowery, I'd say they are already well on their way to having a "real" downtown. It might not look like much, but that's some real momentum coming from essentially nothing a few years ago.

The new park is interesting, but I'm not sure how much it will actually accomplish. Doesn't seem like Jenks actually uses theirs for much... Everyone is trying to overtly copy the Guthrie Green, but they forget that the programming is what actually makes it successful.
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 08:14:24 pm »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tulsaworld.com/communities/owasso/news/city-of-owasso-soon-to-unveil-development-plans-for-main/article_528a5dac-c2d6-5291-bef4-895b64c7a3f7.amp.html#ampf=undefined

I'm fairly certain this is the property that the Owassoisms page announced was getting interest to create another box yard style location, but now they are denying it. Either way I'm glad Owasso is FINALLY making strides to revitalize their downtown. Owasso is a wonderful place to live and raise a family but it's about as boring of a town as you can get.
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 09:03:55 pm »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tulsaworld.com/communities/owasso/news/beams-and-bricks-go-up-at-redbud-festival-park-improvements/article_73d52b96-4265-59b7-8909-55bf789a02c1.amp.html#ampf=undefined

Owasso's Redbud Festival Park is making progress. Seems like a wannabe Guthrie Green, but it still contributes to the revitalization of a downtown that was really depressing.

Owasso is also set to make improvements to several of their other parks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org