A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 14, 2018, 11:40:14 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11TH ST DEVELOPMENT  (Read 15151 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2018, 02:07:55 pm »

Renderings of the Center for Individuals with Physical Challenges expansion under construction at 11th & Utica

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2018, 03:03:11 pm »

We drove by there a couple weeks ago and saw it in process.  Nice!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
Philanthropist

« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2018, 10:42:11 am »

I saw this new listing for a new build retail development where there was an empty parking lot just south of where Retro Den is at 1232 S Harvard:
https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1232-S-Harvard-Ave-Tulsa-OK/11306537/#

Looks to be about 5,600 sq feet and up to 4/5 units. That's good news for the area.  There's already a retail strip across the road and already a decent amount of varied retail on that stretch. The area has a walkscore of 72 which is high for Tulsa. Would be good if they could create a place to draw students out a bit more from TU, an easy walk away from the Bucaneer lounge!

I always thought that lot was such and awkward and expensive waste of land. I've never seen it used except for TU games. The Prosperity Bank lot is ridiculous, taking up 20 lots. I've never seen it more than half full except for TU games. You could put in 6 home lots or a mixed-use development there and still have plenty of parking.
TylerBGoode
Activist

« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2018, 12:30:19 pm »

I've parked in that lot during TU games for years. I would selfishly kind of hate to see it developed.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2018, 01:32:25 pm »

I saw this new listing for a new build retail development where there was an empty parking lot just south of where Retro Den is at 1232 S Harvard:
https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1232-S-Harvard-Ave-Tulsa-OK/11306537/#

Looks to be about 5,600 sq feet and up to 4/5 units. That's good news for the area.  There's already a retail strip across the road and already a decent amount of varied retail on that stretch. The area has a walkscore of 72 which is high for Tulsa. Would be good if they could create a place to draw students out a bit more from TU, an easy walk away from the Bucaneer lounge!

I always thought that lot was such and awkward and expensive waste of land. I've never seen it used except for TU games. The Prosperity Bank lot is ridiculous, taking up 20 lots. I've never seen it more than half full except for TU games. You could put in 6 home lots or a mixed-use development there and still have plenty of parking.

That's a narrow strip between the houses and Harvard, will this front the sidewalk with parking behind?

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2018, 12:36:34 pm »

Outdoor patio at Mother Road Market with a skyline view

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
Philanthropist

« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2018, 02:52:10 pm »

Outdoor patio at Mother Road Market with a skyline view

Wow! That's looking awesome! Thanks for the sneak peak!

I was hoping they'd utilize that entire covered area for a patio. That could be the best patio in Tulsa. Definitely a top-notch outdoor area which looks like it's in similar vein to what they did at Fuel 66. Seems like a big key to have that these days, especially in a food-court type place. On Saturdays, parents want to take their kids to enjoy outside. If you can eat and enjoy some leisure time outside, all the better.
Laramie
Civic Leader

« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2018, 03:47:52 pm »

Beautiful view of the Tulsa Skyline, simply awesome!  My son who lives in Tulsa loves to remind me; now dad, there's a skyline.  He loves the blaze of the refineries.

That's the difference where I'll give Tulsa's downtown skyline the edge over OKC's; the beautiful lighted towers, they highlight & reflect the downtown towers.  Oklahoma City's underground Metro Concourse killed its street life.  

The OKC downtown at night looks dark and dead.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 03:50:40 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
Civic Leader

« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2018, 04:12:06 pm »

11th & Utica?

I dated a young lady in Tulsa back in the late 70s; IIRC she took me to a small bar over near what use to be a closed Safeway grocery store on somewhere on Utica called Friends; great time we had watching the female impersonators; nearly died with laughter when one of the guy impersonators performed with what appeared to be a crystal chandelier hat covering his/her head. We had a very enjoyable night back then.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 04:22:30 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2018, 01:20:23 pm »

Mother Road Market is now open

http://www.newson6.com/story/39405117/tulsas-mother-road-market-to-open-today

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
Philanthropist

« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2018, 01:55:49 pm »

It is really well done! It is as nice as any of the similar places I've been to around the country like City Market in KC, Central Market in LA or Chelsea Market in NYC. Smaller than those maybe but seems perfectly large for what Tulsa's market should demand. More options than a typical food court in a mall and the options are much better quality.

I wasn't sure how big each "kiosk" would be or if some would feel sort of dinky, but most are pretty sizable with a few small carts on one side. Patio is awesome and will be fun for kids.

They did this right. It's an experience being there and I expect it'll be well supported for a while, although weekday evenings could be tough and I'd expect weekends will likely be crowded which will make parking a trick.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2018, 05:07:19 pm »

It is really well done! It is as nice as any of the similar places I've been to around the country like City Market in KC, Central Market in LA or Chelsea Market in NYC. Smaller than those maybe but seems perfectly large for what Tulsa's market should demand. More options than a typical food court in a mall and the options are much better quality.

I wasn't sure how big each "kiosk" would be or if some would feel sort of dinky, but most are pretty sizable with a few small carts on one side. Patio is awesome and will be fun for kids.

They did this right. It's an experience being there and I expect it'll be well supported for a while, although weekday evenings could be tough and I'd expect weekends will likely be crowded which will make parking a trick.

One here and one downtown is probably about right.  Interested to see what future phases around the market look like, especially the proposed retail project across Lewis and the lots fronting 11th (not sure if they are currently owned by Lobeck-Taylor or not though).  Lobeck-Taylor Foundation could do to 11th what GKFF has done to downtown and the river corridor.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org