A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:36:42 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lake Bixhoma  (Read 4094 times)
SXSW
City Father

« on: October 10, 2018, 12:48:52 pm »

Why isn't Lake Bixhoma more of an attraction?  It's a pretty clear lake in the middle of rugged hills (the Conjada Mountains) rising above the river valley about 5 miles southeast of Bixby.  Lots of trails around the lake and even a waterfall (when there is enough recent rainfall).  Like the Chandler Park backcountry it could be a regional destination like Turkey Mountain but I feel not a lot of people even know it exists. 

rebound
City Father

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 01:00:19 pm »

Why isn't Lake Bixhoma more of an attraction?  It's a pretty clear lake in the middle of rugged hills (the Conjada Mountains) rising above the river valley about 5 miles southeast of Bixby.  Lots of trails around the lake and even a waterfall (when there is enough recent rainfall).  Like the Chandler Park backcountry it could be a regional destination like Turkey Mountain but I feel not a lot of people even know it exists. 

I only know about it because of the local kayak group, and have been wanting to get down there, but haven't made it so far.   I agree, I doubt most people in the area even know it exists.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org