A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:07:38 am
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 60   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "this has nothing to do with Tulsa" mega-post  (Read 367635 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #795 on: June 15, 2020, 12:09:55 pm »

Agree both of those need to be reworked.  I know 75/I-44 is slated to get a stack interchange at some point.

All three of them need it but from what I read that's long term (late 2020s at the earliest for all of them).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #796 on: June 25, 2020, 09:28:22 am »

All three of them need it but from what I read that's long term (late 2020s at the earliest for all of them).

I've been on those 3 major Tulsa interchanges, agree they are in dire need of upgrades--many bridges and interchanges in Oklahoma are in need of replacement or repair at the very least.

The vehicle count travel on those interchanges in the link below identified that Tulsa has a dire need. 

ODOT - Oklahoma Department of Transportation High Impact Projects Map https://biappsrv.odot.ok.gov/apex/f?p=129:2:::NO:2::

ODOT - Oklahoma Department of Transportation https://www.ok.gov/odot/

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #797 on: June 25, 2020, 09:42:20 am »

Dallas Mixmaster

Texas roads are a model for the nation

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #798 on: June 26, 2020, 04:13:15 pm »

New seats & sod for Oklahoma City's baseball & softball venues...

Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark

ASA Hall of Fame Stadium & OGE Field

On deck

The Chesapeake Energy Arena will be equipped with more fan friendly amenities; expanded and renovated locker room facilities; upgraded wifi and other extras that will enhance the game & fan experience.  An additional entrance will be added.  MAPS 4 initiative provided for $115 million in improvements to Oklahoma's 18,203 seat NBA arena that can accommodate over 20,000 for large concerts.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 06:58:07 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #799 on: June 30, 2020, 12:33:36 pm »

Aerospace firm to bring 120 jobs to Oklahoma with new headquarters in OKC

The company was founded in 2017 and currently has offices in Spain and the Washington, D.C., area.

Skydweller Aero will bring 120 jobs to Oklahoma by 2024, the aerospace firm said in an announcement of its new headquarters in Oklahoma City:  https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/aerospace-firm-to-bring-120-jobs-to-oklahoma-with-new-headquarters-in-okc/article_bccc6358-130e-57c0-afd1-541c284f7a1b.html

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 12:44:22 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #800 on: June 30, 2020, 12:52:14 pm »

Aerospace firm to bring 120 jobs to Oklahoma with new headquarters in Oklahoma City.

Press release:

Skydweller Announces Oklahoma City as U.S. Corporate Headquarters
Cutting-Edge Aerospace Startup Bringing 120 Top-Tier Engineering Positions to Oklahoma
NEWS PROVIDED BY
Skydweller
Jun 30, 2020, 10:00 ET

OKLAHOMA CITY, June 30, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Skydweller Aero Inc., a U.S.-Spanish aerospace company developing renewably powered aircraft for defense and commercial industries, announced the establishment of their corporate headquarters and engineering operations in Oklahoma City and testing and integration in Ardmore, Oklahoma. Skydweller plans to increase operations to 120 aerospace engineering and field technician jobs in Oklahoma by 2024.

"It has been my pleasure to work closely with the leadership team at Skydweller, and I am thrilled they have decided to locate their new headquarters in Oklahoma. Our state's commitment to aviation and aerospace makes Oklahoma City an ideal choice for a cutting-edge company with a commitment to advancing the industry. At a time when job creation and economic growth are so vital, we are excited that Skydweller will be hiring our bright engineers and helping to enrich our state's economy," said Governor Kevin Stitt.

Founded in 2017, Skydweller recently closed a Series A funding round in September 2019. The company currently has offices in the Washington, D.C. area, Madrid and Valdepeñas, Spain. This rapidly growing multi-national startup will be recruiting top-tier aerospace and software engineering talent to further the development and deployment of their ultra-persistent, unmanned aircraft in both locations over the coming years.

"Skydweller was founded to develop ultra-persistent aircraft to enable the next generation of connectivity and global insights," said CEO Dr. Robert Miller. "We are honored to be moving our corporate headquarters to Oklahoma, following in the footsteps of Oklahoma aviation titans like Wiley Post. Oklahoma's inspired and dedicated engineering talent will help make our vision a reality."

"Skydweller has chosen the right state for their new headquarters and testing facility," US Senator Jim Inhofe (R-OK) said. "Because of our state's remarkable skilled workforce, Skydweller will be an excellent addition to our aerospace industry, producing cutting edge unmanned aviation technology for our military. I am confident that this facility will benefit our economy and our military both now, and in the future."

"It's great to welcome Skydweller to Oklahoma as they announce their plans to make Oklahoma City the new home of their US headquarters. Oklahoma is home to innovative technology across all industries, so it's no wonder they chose our state to expand their aerospace engineering to continue production of aircraft that can carry heavy payloads. This is exciting news for Oklahoma City and our state," said US Senator James Lankford (R-OK).

With a commitment to STEM education and ongoing civic engagement, Skydweller will partner with local educational and state and federal research institutions to further Oklahoma's legacy of aviation and aerospace innovation. Skydweller also plans to expand their operations within the state, building a manufacturing plant and flight test facilities in Ardmore.

About Skydweller Aero Inc.

Skydweller is a US-Spanish aerospace company developing renewably powered aircraft solutions capable of achieving perpetual flight with heavy, powerful payload capacity. Utilizing technology based upon the longest continuous renewably powered flight program in history, this fast-growing startup is developing a new class of unmanned aircraft, providing the persistence of geosynchronous satellites with the powerful sensing capabilities and range of a large, airborne platform.

With a flexible payload system, including: communications relay, 4G/5G cellular, day/night full motion video, satellite communication, imaging radar, and more, Skydweller will enhance commercial and government telecommunication, geospatial, meteorological and emergency operation efforts around the world, allowing customers to operate persistently in more challenging areas for longer durations, while reducing environmental impact. For more information about Skydweller, visit www.skydweller.aero.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #801 on: July 01, 2020, 10:28:33 am »

Aerospace firm to bring 120 jobs to Oklahoma with new headquarters in Oklahoma City.

This a good win for Oklahoma.   I'm really curious about the politics that went into this, and how many states passed on it.   Not sure if everyone is comfortable with building unmanned drones that are designed to basically stay in the air indefinitely to surveil the populace.   And as an aside, "Skydweller" has a great ring to it.  I mean, if we put enough of these in the air at once we could have complete coverage.  Kind of a "Skynet" or something...  Wink

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #802 on: July 02, 2020, 10:17:45 pm »

Tulsa needs major overhaul to several of its freeway interchanges.  The primary one I could think of right now is the interchange at US169 (Mingo Valley Expwy) and US64/SH51 (Broken Arrow Expressway).  That interchange is incredibly busy and deserves a stack interchange to replace the stupid, outdated clover-leaf.  It's dangerous.  I-44 at US64/SH51 could use one also.

US-75/I-44 - $66mm interchange/highway widening starting this year. Spending through 2027 adds another $95mm for the interchange and widening
US169 and US64/SH51 - gets $30mm for interchange improvement work starting in 2027
US169 and I-44 - gets $13mm for interchange improvement work starting in 2023
I-44 at US64/SH51 - gets $6.5mm for interchange improvement work starting in 2024

https://www.odot.org/cwp-8-year-plan/cwp_ffy2020-ffy2027/8_year_cwp_divisiontul_map.pdf
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #803 on: July 03, 2020, 11:58:11 am »

US-75/I-44 - $66mm interchange/highway widening starting this year. Spending through 2027 adds another $95mm for the interchange and widening
US169 and US64/SH51 - gets $30mm for interchange improvement work starting in 2027
I-44 at US64/SH51 - gets $6.5mm for interchange improvement work starting in 2024

https://www.odot.org/cwp-8-year-plan/cwp_ffy2020-ffy2027/8_year_cwp_divisiontul_map.pdf

The best thing Governor 'Jethro Bodine' Stitt could do for Oklahoma instead of wasting valuable resources on the tribal gaming packs would be to concentrate on Oklahoma roads, bridges & interchanges. 

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Norman, Oklahoma

Edmond, Oklahoma
We need a long-term investment of several billion to overhaul Oklahoma's infrastructure and Public Transportation with high concentration in Tulsa & Oklahoma City metro areas' infrastructure.   Growing suburban communities like Broken Arrow (109,171), (Tulsa), Norman (123,471) & Edmond (93,127), (Oklahoma City) where the suburban communities have exceeded or are approaching 100,000 population.

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #804 on: July 03, 2020, 06:49:07 pm »

Finishing touches on Oklahoma City's massive new convention center, Omni Hotel, Scissortail Park and 5 story garage.

Friend wants me to go to work at this complex in 2021; however, because of my age Covid-19 made the decision for me. This Oklahoma heat makes the artificial lake inviting. Visited the area the other day and the huge Gold Fish were probably more hungry than piraña flesh eating fish; would enjoy a good Filet-O-Fish; however wouldn't want to be on the menu.

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #805 on: July 06, 2020, 12:39:12 pm »

Devon Energy Tower window replacements.

Damaged windows are being replaced with the project almost complete.

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #806 on: July 06, 2020, 12:55:25 pm »

Bricktown Marriott has topped out at the 10th floor.

When completed, it will be the tallest structure in Bricktown Entertainment District.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #807 on: July 06, 2020, 03:57:46 pm »

Good to hear!   Starting in a few years to do what is only about 25 years past due!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #808 on: July 07, 2020, 08:25:11 am »

Our state needs desperately to focus on Tulsa's interchanges & road infrastructure; there is no excuse for the lame attention that Mary Fallin's administration took toward building new roads other than the Eastern Oklahoma County turnpike (Kickapoo Turnpike) that buckled the belt around Oklahoma County.

Seeing the pics now of what we were use to seeing in Tulsa is disgraceful; Tulsa had roads that once rivaled many of those in Texas.  Tulsa pays more than its share on toll roads--ODOT needs to use these proceeds collected to do major upgrades to Tulsa's road infrastructure.

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #809 on: July 07, 2020, 10:47:13 am »

Oklahoma City Skydance Bridge

Repaired and open, OKC's Pedestrian Bridge stretches the length of a football field.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 60   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org