A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:56:50 am
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 60   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "this has nothing to do with Tulsa" mega-post  (Read 367613 times)
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #780 on: May 28, 2020, 06:48:10 pm »

Costco purchases 225,000 square foot, 4-story Hertz Administrative Center for $25.4 million.

The purchase of the Hertz Administrative Center will allow Costco to fill up a sizeable amount of the 225,000 square foot 4 story structure with room for growth.

The operations and customer care center will add about 1,044 total jobs in the third year with an average annual salary of $59,740.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 10:45:38 am by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #781 on: May 30, 2020, 10:42:37 am »

Oklahoma City's skyline transformation

Devon & BOK Park Plaza Towers
A new look with Sandridge Tower (below, acquired by State for new offices), on the right, First National Center (outside lighting) & BancFirst Tower (complete exterior renovation).
Changes will be transformative...

« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 11:05:40 am by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #782 on: May 30, 2020, 11:50:34 am »

Thunder Alley Entertainment Proposed.

Oklahoma City Thunder has submitted a conceptual proposal for a new Thunder Alley Entertainment Block to be opened in 2021.  The new plaza at the
intersection of Oklahoma City Boulevard and Thunder Drive designed to be an extension to the existing Southwest entry to Chesapeake Arena.

The designs submitted by Bockus Payne Architecture show a development with significantly more street presence than the first renderings submitted earlier this year.  

Director Cathy O’Connor, of the Urban Renewal Authority, said the development team, Hogan Property Co. and the Thunder, wants to “move fast” in getting construction started.--Oklahoman.

OKC Thunder Alley video:  https://www.news9.com/story/5e3710d573ed4c0f33eda165/plans-for-new-thunder-alley-submitted-to-okc
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 01:26:34 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #783 on: May 30, 2020, 02:00:20 pm »

Retreat, pilgrimage planned to learn about martyred priest

The Gospel of Life School is inviting young adults ages 18-30 to part or all of a 24-hour retreat to pray, reflect and learn about the life of Blessed Stanley Rother. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the vulnerability of the elderly and terminally ill served through the GOLD ministry, precautions for physical distancing throughout this retreat/pilgrimage will be strictly followed. Participants are asked to wear a mask.

The event will be from 8 a.m. June 5 to 10 a.m. June 6 and will include a visit to the Catholic Pastoral Center, Mass at the Good Shepherd Chapel at the John Paul II GOLD residence in Moore, an opportunity to pray at the temporary tomb of Blessed Stanley Rother at Resurrection Cemetery, a conference with Fr. Don Wolf at Holy Trinity Church, Okarche, and lunch at Eischen’s. Also on the schedule is a meditative prayer walk from Rother’s birthplace to Holy Trinity Cemetery, eucharistic adoration, praise and worship at Blessed Stanley Rother Barn and an overnight silent all-night adoration at Good Shepherd Chapel.

For more information, contact Sister Maria of the Trinity at srmaria@gospeloflifedisciples.org
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 02:05:25 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #784 on: June 02, 2020, 01:35:19 pm »

BancFirst exterior renovation update

Mullions are being installed as the good weather has permitted.
BancFirst renovations are equivalent to a new skyscraper.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 03:23:28 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #785 on: June 03, 2020, 12:34:37 pm »

Oklahoma City Northwest Embassy Suites

Scheduled to reopen June 10th OKCTalk.com sources report.

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #786 on: June 07, 2020, 03:14:05 pm »

You can bet having extra convention space with the Cox backup and the Fairgrounds Bennett Events Center will allow OKC flexibility to bid on more conventions & trade shows simultaneously.

Fairgrounds Complex:

Bennett Event Center: 201,000 square feet exhibit space
               State Fair Coliseum: 7,000 seat arena
               10 hotels, Meridian Hotel Corridor 1,200 rooms

Cox Convention Center & Oklahoma City Convention Center Complex:

300,000-square-foot exhibit hall space.
                  48 meeting rooms
                    2 ballrooms: 30,000-sq. ft ballroom - 25,000 sq. ft. ballroom
                    2 arenas: 20,000 & 15,000
                    2 covered garage parking areas 2,047 spaces
                  12 hotels in walking distance 2,900 rooms

Dual combo facility to really attract some major tier 2 conventions to Oklahoma City--think about it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 05:19:18 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #787 on: June 07, 2020, 05:49:47 pm »

Oklahoma City Convention Center Complex with the L/R Sheraton Hotel, Renaissance Hotel, Cox Convention Center, Chesapeake Energy Arena and Courtyard by Marriott in the middle right above The Peake

Skylink between the Omni Hotel and MAPS 3 Oklahoma City Convention Center.

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #788 on: June 10, 2020, 02:52:58 pm »

OKC BancFirst Tower progress update via OKCTalk.com

« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 02:55:14 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #789 on: June 11, 2020, 12:54:33 pm »

Oklahoma City Construction Junction updates . . .

I-235/I-44 Interchange

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #790 on: June 13, 2020, 02:06:30 pm »

OKC BancFirst Tower progress update via OKCTalk.com

An internal release to BancFirst employees, minus some small department details that shouldn't be public:

Phase I work on the Lobby and Plaza (north ¾) and Underground (entire Underground) area began in October 2019 and is scheduled to be completed on January 4, 2021.

Phase I – NORTH ¾ OUTDOOR PLAZA

• The outdoor plaza surrounding the Tower will include landscaping with plants capable of thriving in an urban environment. Agronomists from the Myriad Gardens assisted with selection of plant materials.

• A new pergola-covered outdoor seating area will be added to the east side of the plaza, including an area for food trucks.

• Valet service will be added at the north entrance for both bank customers and tenant customers.

Phase I - NORTH ¾ of LOBBY

• The north side first floor lobby will include a security desk with a prominent Oklahoma art piece; teller kiosks; offices for business bankers and support staff; and a 24 hour ATM with a separate exterior entrance.

• Those familiar with the previous food service options will see a new Petro Deli in the northeast corner of the lobby with seating for 50. A separate coffee bar will serve specialized coffee, include a pastry case, and bar-height seating.

Phase I - UNDERGROUND

• The Hot Tamale Mexican Café in the Underground will have a total new look but will serve the same great menu.

• The Executive Barbershop under our existing building will move with us and be adjacent to the Hot Tamale.

• Included in the Underground plan are teller kiosks, a contract US Post Office, safe deposit boxes, and offices for Universal Bankers.

• A large BancFirst employee lounge will be added to the Underground where fresh and healthy food options will be available, as well as sodas and snacks. Restaurant style tables and chairs will be available in addition to areas of comfortable seating.

Phase II – LOBBY AND PLAZA

• Work on the remaining south portion of the Lobby and Plaza will commence upon completion of Phase I with an estimated completion in July 2021.

• The south side of the lobby will be occupied by Red Earth with both a retail presence and museum quality art display/rotation area.

BANCFIRST FLOORS 2-14

• Demolition and renovation of the BancFirst occupied floors 2 through 14 is scheduled to be completed by the end of the year. The exception to this plan is the 2nd floor which will be completed by July 2021, at the same time as Phase II of the Lobby and Plaza.

REPLACEMENT OF TOWER GLASS

• Replacement of all of the exterior glass on the Tower has begun on the north side of the building. Glass will be replaced on 4-14, one side at time with estimated completion at the end of 2020. The glass on floors 1 and 2 will be done in conjunction with Phase I and II of the Lobby, Plaza and Underground.

• Glass replacement will then move to floor 15 and work up to the 36th floor, one side at a time, with the completion of the glass scheduled by the end of 2021.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 04:25:24 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #791 on: June 13, 2020, 03:23:33 pm »

Future of the NBA in OKC

New northwest entrance, apart of MAPS IV $104 million of $115 million arena improvements with $9 million targeting the Thunder Practice Facility.

New 'red' colored seats will replace the teal colored original seats installed in the Ford Center Arena in 2002
The Peake's NBA seating capacity is 18,203.

The relocation of the NBA's Seattle Supersonics to OKC in 2008 brought the state's 1st major league franchise to Oklahoma.
OKC hoped to lure an NHL franchise in 1997; only to have those plans derailed with expansion awarded to Columbus, OH

Oklahoma City is 'Supersonics.'

Oklahoma City narrowed down the list to six possible names.  Obviously,"Thunder' was eventually chosen, but other names in the running were Bison, Wind, Barons, Marshalls, and Energy. Perhaps some of these names could work, but now the Thunder name is synonymous with Oklahoma City (OKC).

Oklahoma City trial test-run as an NBA market.  OKC' metro population in 2008 was estimated at 1,219,000 making it the 3rd smallest market in the NBA ahead of New Orleans and Salt Lake City.

Oklahoma City hosted the NBA's New Orleans-Oklahoma City Hornets following Hurricane Katrina from 2006 to 2007 averaging 18,168 and 17,833 respectfully; far exceeding the 12,500 goal expected for a temporary relocated NBA franchise.  

The first year the Thunder entered the OKC market the franchise drew an all-time record 18,693.  The Ford Center Arena was reconfigured to accommodate lodge seating and expanded national & regional TV coverage apparatus which reduced the capacity from 19,103 to its current 18,203.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 06:18:40 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #792 on: June 14, 2020, 09:28:51 am »

Oklahoma City's Skydance Bridge renovations.

Overlooking I-40 Crosstown Expressway thru downtown OKC.
Courtesy via OKCTalk.com
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 09:31:22 am by Laramie » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #793 on: June 15, 2020, 09:04:34 am »

Oklahoma City Construction Junction updates . . .

I-235/I-44 Interchange

Tulsa needs major overhaul to several of its freeway interchanges.  The primary one I could think of right now is the interchange at US169 (Mingo Valley Expwy) and US64/SH51 (Broken Arrow Expressway).  That interchange is incredibly busy and deserves a stack interchange to replace the stupid, outdated clover-leaf.  It's dangerous.  I-44 at US64/SH51 could use one also.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #794 on: June 15, 2020, 09:24:56 am »

Tulsa needs major overhaul to several of its freeway interchanges.  The primary one I could think of right now is the interchange at US169 (Mingo Valley Expwy) and US64/SH51 (Broken Arrow Expressway).  That interchange is incredibly busy and deserves a stack interchange to replace the stupid, outdated clover-leaf.  It's dangerous.  I-44 at US64/SH51 could use one also.

Agree both of those need to be reworked.  I know 75/I-44 is slated to get a stack interchange at some point.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 60   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org