A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:22:56 am
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 60   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "this has nothing to do with Tulsa" mega-post  (Read 367431 times)
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #720 on: April 24, 2020, 10:38:24 am »

2019 MSA Population Estimates for Oklahoma City eclipse 1.4 million

Source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_statistical_areas
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 10:43:02 am by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #721 on: April 26, 2020, 04:08:25 pm »

OKC Convention Center Complex; convention center (middle) with garage construction below
and Scissortail Park, Omni (Right) & Fairfield Inn (Center left) off Shield Boulevard Bypass.

Continue to see daily workers leaving around 3 p.m., from the Oklahoma City convention center complex as construction stays on pace.
Above pic via OKCTalk.com gives you a glimpse of this massive project.

Shield Boulevard Bypass, allow access from the south part of OKC into downtown

Skydance bridge is the safest pedestrian link into downtown from the Latino Riverside & Capitol Hill areas.  Shields Boulevard Bypass
pedestrian ramps provide the other shoe leather access from Riverside and the Amtrak walkers route along the train tracks link from Fort Worth.

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #722 on: April 26, 2020, 05:25:20 pm »

Old Oklahoma City

A glimpse of the past.

6,500 seat Municipal Auditorium (Civic Center Music Hall), home to the All College Basketball Tournament, concerts & conventions.

The 1922 Coliseum (left) was rebuilt in 1931 (right) only to succumb by another fire in the 70s and was demolished by the city.

The old ancient 5,500 seat Stockyard Coliseum in Packingtown, Stockyard City hosted Friday night wrestling and was the home to the
Oklahoma City Warriors of the American Hockey Association in the 1930s

« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 05:44:00 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #723 on: April 26, 2020, 08:07:59 pm »

Break Time, Funny Stuff

Jennifer Lewis, on "In Living Color." - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBloL2xCeyk

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #724 on: April 27, 2020, 10:04:18 am »

Oklahoma City voters recently approved $140 million as part of the $987 million MAPS 4 initiative to be dedicated toward the improvements of parks in the city. All parks
in OKC will receive some kind of upgrades and renovations.

Mark Hoffman Skate Park in Wiley Post Park, Riverside

Above pics via OKCTalk.com

Manuel Perez (1923-1945) was an Oklahoma City native who received the coveted Medal of Honor for his heroics in World War II.  The present Perez Park is located
in South Oklahoma City on land that is less than a 1/4 acre near Our Lady of Guadalupe (Little Flower) Catholic Church north of the Oklahoma River near Wiley Post Park.

This area of Oklahoma City is really vibrant and growing with new homes and the eventual addition of 30 acres of lower Scissortail Park.
Oklahoma City has 4 more action skate parks planned throughout the city; each Quadrant will have at least one Skate Park. Wheeler Park is located just northwest of Wiley Post Park across Walker Avenue.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 10:21:11 am by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #725 on: April 27, 2020, 01:58:53 pm »

Progress on installation of the lightweight concrete panels on Skydance Bridge; hopefully a permanent fix.
              Pedestrian Bridge overlooks historic Union Station (red shingled roof building on the left); OKC awarded $9
              million in surplus MAPS 3 funds to get the renovations started.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 02:00:44 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #726 on: April 30, 2020, 12:16:42 pm »

Oklahoma City Construction Junction updates:

I-35/I-235

Above pics I-40 Bridge Replacement

I-44/I-35 MLK

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #727 on: April 30, 2020, 12:29:18 pm »

I-40 Morgan Road, Single Point Urban Interchange (SPUI)

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #728 on: April 30, 2020, 03:46:55 pm »

“One Church, Many Disciples.” 

Drone pics of planned Blessed Father Stanley Francis Rother Shine
             & 2,000 seat Basilica foundation in South Oklahoma City via OKCTalk.com

I-35 pictured in the upper right; project will be visible from the interstate.

I-35 above with 89th Street at the right; left of center.

The Basilica in Oklahoma City

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 04:13:13 pm by Laramie » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #729 on: April 30, 2020, 06:28:34 pm »

“One Church, Many Disciples.” 

That is so Oklahoma, simply a great new building, in an ugly industrial area tucked in behind a tire barn, a truck stop and a bunch of fast food. Could there be a worse location?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #730 on: May 01, 2020, 10:50:42 am »

That is so Oklahoma, simply a great new building, in an ugly industrial area tucked in behind a tire barn, a truck stop and a bunch of fast food. Could there be a worse location?

Too bad it couldn't have been built adjacent to Scissortail Park by downtown OKC, the architecture is similar to Union Station that already anchors the south end of the park.

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #731 on: May 01, 2020, 11:21:58 am »

Too bad it couldn't have been built adjacent to Scissortail Park by downtown OKC, the architecture is similar to Union Station that already anchors the south end of the park.

Good observation, thought about how this would look closer to the part, the shingles on both roofs of Union Station & the Basilica would have added a Spanish decor to that area of downtown.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #732 on: May 01, 2020, 12:12:50 pm »

Good observation, thought about how this would look closer to the part, the shingles on both roofs of Union Station & the Basilica would have added a Spanish decor to that area of downtown.

Good thing they are building it!   It's obvious that we don't have enough churches in the state!   One for every 10 people is WAY to sparse!

And yeah, sometimes I just can't resist the sarcasm....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #733 on: May 01, 2020, 03:09:33 pm »

That's exactly where I was thinking it should have been built.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #734 on: May 01, 2020, 05:50:30 pm »

Bricktown Marriott update:

10-story, 182 guest rooms, will be the tallest structure in Bricktown.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 60   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org