A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:02:30 am
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 60   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "this has nothing to do with Tulsa" mega-post  (Read 367401 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #555 on: December 11, 2019, 06:19:27 pm »

Oklahoma City voters approved MAPS 4, A $978 million 16 projects initiative.

The 16 MAPS 4 projects are:

Parks ($140 million)
                             Youth Centers ($110 million)
                             Senior Wellness Centers ($30 million)
                             Mental Health and Addiction ($40 million)
                             Family Justice Center operated by Palomar ($38 million)
                             Transit ($87 million)
                             Sidewalks, bike lanes, trails and streetlights ($87 million)
                             Homelessness ($50 million)
                             Chesapeake Energy Arena and related facilities ($115 million)
                             Animal Shelter ($38 million)
                             Fairgrounds Coliseum ($63 million)
                             Diversion Hub ($17 million)
                            Innovation District ($71 million)
                            Freedom Center and Clara Luper Civil Rights Center ($25 million)
                            Beautification ($30 million)
                            Multipurpose Stadium ($37 million)

Voters approve MAPS 4 in a landslide:  https://journalrecord.com/2019/12/10/voters-approve-maps-4-in-a-landslide/

It's good the citizens keep reinvesting in their city.  It's made a huge difference over the last 20-30 years in OKC.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #556 on: December 13, 2019, 05:32:08 pm »

It's good the citizens keep reinvesting in their city.  It's made a huge difference over the last 20-30 years in OKC.

Well stated...
...and you can say that again.  Prior to the 90s, this place was a dump--not worthy of being a flyover and even less worthy of being a drive by--unless you reference a shooting.

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #557 on: December 13, 2019, 05:38:03 pm »

I-235 / I-44 Interchange construction, OKC

Pic courtesy of OKCTalk.com
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 05:42:48 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #558 on: December 15, 2019, 06:15:54 pm »

First National Center redevelopment https://oklahoman.com/article/5649835/first-national-rebuild-beginsbrapartments-hotel-rooms-restaurants-retail-and-more-are-planned-for-the-historic-structure

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #559 on: December 15, 2019, 06:36:49 pm »

Scissortail Park seasonal night lights

Scissortail Park looking south toward historic Union Station

Pedestrian Bridge winds over the lake with a glance at Skydance Bridge.

Park platform with the new convention center left

Pics via OKCTalk.com
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 06:42:28 pm by Laramie » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #560 on: December 15, 2019, 09:58:16 pm »

Well stated...
...and you can say that again.  Prior to the 90s, this place was a dump--not worthy of being a flyover and even less worthy of being a drive by--unless you reference a shooting.

I spent a lot of time in OKC area - especially near Valley Brook - over the last 15 years.  You could always tell spring was on the way, 'cause you could hear the sound of gunfire just to the east of I-35 down 59th street....  Always shut down again by Thanksgiving.  Probably due to bad weather.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #561 on: December 17, 2019, 10:44:03 pm »

Valley Brook is a separate incorporated city of about 750 people 0.3 sq mi noted for large number of adult entertainment businesses and large police department & municipal court for a city of its size.  Valley Brook has had boundary disputes with Oklahoma City.

Valley Brook, Oklahoma:  http://www.city-data.com/city/Valley-Brook-Oklahoma.html  In my younger years, we visited these bars on Eastern Avenue at S. E. 59th Street strip; there were some unsavory things happening in the strip joints; to be fair, the management did not approve and barred patrons who violated B girl ordinances, like inappropriate touching of strippers--don't want to go into detail; however, you soon learned that the police were waiting for enforcement when that last call for alcohol announcement came.

I watched a stripper back in the 70s before Oklahoma barred totally nude strippers; take a cigarette from a patron and blew smoke from her vagina.  Patrons were so mystified; several tables with pitchers of beer were turned over by curious and excitedly amazed onlookers.

Valley Brook Police Chief claims they are not running a speed trap:  https://www.okshooters.com/threads/valley-brook-police-chief-claims-they-are-not-running-a-speed-trap.186818/

« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 10:51:01 pm by Laramie » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #562 on: December 17, 2019, 11:31:37 pm »

Valley Brook is a separate incorporated city of about 750 people 0.3 sq mi noted for large number of adult entertainment businesses and large police department & municipal court for a city of its size.  Valley Brook has had boundary disputes with Oklahoma City.
  In my younger years, we visited these bars on Eastern Avenue at S. E. 59th Street strip; there were some unsavory things happening in the strip joints; to be fair, the management did not approve and barred patrons who violated B girl ordinances, like inappropriate touching of strippers--don't want to go into detail; however, you soon learned that the police were waiting for enforcement when that last call for alcohol announcement came.

I watched a stripper back in the 70s before Oklahoma barred totally nude strippers; take a cigarette from a patron and blew smoke from her vagina.  Patrons were so mystified; several tables with pitchers of beer were turned over by curious and excitedly amazed onlookers.

Valley Brook Police Chief claims they are not running a speed trap:  https://www.okshooters.com/threads/valley-brook-police-chief-claims-they-are-not-running-a-speed-trap.186818/

Funny!   No speed trap....lol...

Always amazed me how the idiots would leave that place, turn out onto the street headed east.  Just so they could drive right in front of the cop shop...geez...!   I was just outside of the city limits of Valley Brook most of the time - back west a few blocks.  Kind of a poor little, raggedy-a$$ neighborhood, but fairly quiet and never had any problems.  There was a peacock living nearby that everyone thought blew in from the tornado back in 2013, I think, that tore up that farm on the west side of OKC.  (Orr's).

Gunfire was always to the east - I think maybe even east of VB...?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #563 on: December 20, 2019, 01:16:54 pm »

Valley Brook, Oklahoma:  http://www.city-data.com/city/Valley-Brook-Oklahoma.html  In my younger years, we visited these bars on Eastern Avenue at S. E. 59th Street strip; there were some unsavory things happening in the strip joints; to be fair, the management did not approve and barred patrons who violated B girl ordinances, like inappropriate touching of strippers--don't want to go into detail; however, you soon learned that the police were waiting for enforcement when that last call for alcohol announcement came.

Reminds me of a story about a stack of quarters and dropping them one by one.  Shocked Shocked

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #564 on: December 20, 2019, 01:54:44 pm »

Use to love Valley Brook, once Oklahoma did away with totally nude club activity; it left much desire to your imagination--in essence, once that occurred my imagination was better suited in the comfort of my home which allowed me more money in pocket.

In today's cyber world, virtual reality technology and robotics; when that significant other isn't acting right or putting out, there's an inexpensive replacement.  Cool (leave that for your imagination without going into details).

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #565 on: December 22, 2019, 03:12:35 pm »

Use to love Valley Brook, once Oklahoma did away with totally nude club activity; it left much desire to your imagination--in essence, once that occurred my imagination was better suited in the comfort of my home which allowed me more money in pocket.

In today's cyber world, virtual reality technology and robotics; when that significant other isn't acting right or putting out, there's an inexpensive replacement.  Cool (leave that for your imagination without going into details).

Eeeeuuuwwwww....

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #566 on: December 22, 2019, 06:18:00 pm »

Updates pics on OKC development projects:

Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center.

Omni Hotel & Oklahoma City Convention Center

Construction resumes on the newly branded First Americans Museum

ASA Hall of Fame Stadium expansion.
                                                       Pic updates via OKCTalk.com

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #567 on: December 23, 2019, 04:28:30 pm »

Thunder Alley plans advanced . . .

An entertainment block called Thunder Alley south of Chesapeake Energy Arena between the arena and the Omni Hotel & new convention center complex  are envisioned in the pics released by OKCTalk.com.

Submitted plans include a 24-foot diameter sculpture highly reflective polished stainless steel basketball held by bronze hands.  LED lights in ground will provide a backdrop for illuminated night artwork.

A Thunder-themed 6,000 square foot restaurant sports bar with indoor and outdoor seating. Also, a 10,000 square foot full-service restaurant and casual eatery combining music, food  and a variety of on tap craft beers.  Oklahoma City's DT design & review committee will look at final recommendations.

New southeast entrance to Chesapeake Energy Arena with planned Thunder Alley in foreground.

Thunder practice facility (required by all NBA franchises) was completed in 2010 at a cost of $10 million; upgrades (below) of $11 million will make it competitive among NBA practice venues.  Dual basketball practice courts is unique among NBA practice facilities. Practice facility is owned by the City of Oklahoma City.  The original Edmond base NBA practice facility is used by the development OKC Blue.

OKC's MAPS 4 penny sales tax initiative (approved by voters) has budgeted $115 million ($104 arena/$11 million Thunder practice facility) in upgrades & renovations.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 04:35:16 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #568 on: December 26, 2019, 02:25:35 pm »

OKC Bricktown construction project underway:

Foundation laid for the 10 story Bricktown Marriott Renaissance being constructed across from the Spaghetti Warehouse which will add 182 rooms to the area, developed by Tulsa hotelier Andy Patel, it will be a full service hotel expected to open in 2021.

Pics via OKCTalk.com development thread.

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #569 on: December 26, 2019, 07:21:30 pm »

Chair back seats preparation added to the right field line upper deck in ASA Hall of Fame Stadium.

Grass infield turf will be added after major construction is completed.
                                                                               Pics via OKCTalk.com

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 60   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org