A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:40:30 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 60   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "this has nothing to do with Tulsa" mega-post  (Read 367452 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2018, 09:29:44 am »

Not to be a "d**k", but when did I mention Uber at all?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2018, 10:08:58 am »

Not to be a "d**k", but when did I mention Uber at all?

Going forward, can we begin all our posts with "not to be a d**k"?

Rename it "Tulsa-not-to-be-a-d**k-Now"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:10:33 am by Townsend » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2018, 10:33:03 am »

It's probably about as polite as you can possibly expect in the age of Trump.
Tulsasooner78
Citizen

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2018, 01:30:31 pm »

Swake - Apologies.   It was Hurricane that mentioned Uber.   

For the record, I am a Democrat😀
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2018, 04:04:09 pm »

Heironymouspasparagus you know "Eric" well, he's known as "erfalf" over here.

Ahhhh...  alrighty, then... let the games begin!  Maybe I should get a different name there.  Something a little easier to type in every time I sign on! 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2018, 04:04:43 pm »

Swake - Apologies.   It was Hurricane that mentioned Uber.   

For the record, I am a Democrat😀

So, not a member of any organized political party, huh??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2018, 04:05:53 pm »

Ok, so I need some clarification...if I say that at beginning of posts, can I actually still be one like Trump is/does all the time??

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2018, 05:22:35 pm »

Whether or not the IKEA rumor is dead; we have seen some recent companies/corporations land in midtown--north of DT.  One in particular, Global Payments (Atlanta) cited the Streetcar route and YMCA Parking Garage (pic, bottom left) as reasons for expansion/relocation of its North American HQ to OKC.  

They plan to bring 345 - 600+ jobs to the area with an average salary $59,172; some of these jobs will include relocations from Atlanta.  Oklahoma City council did approve $1 million in incentives to support construction.

Don't know the impact of our recent liquor laws or medical marijuana; however some think it's an attitude shift in Oklahoma that will eventually benefit TULSA-OKC.

Payment processor firm could bring more than 600 jobs to planned downtown OKC office:  https://newsok.com/article/5596196/payment-processor-firm-to-bring-more-than-600-jobs-to-planned-downtown-okc-office

Heartland headquarters incentives deal advances in Oklahoma City Council:  https://newsok.com/article/5607958/heartland-headquarters-incentives-deal-advances-in-oklahoma-city-council

OKC:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVc4pgBGO28
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 06:21:26 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2018, 07:30:50 am »

One thing I am very thankful for is our push to get pedestrian friendly/transit friendly development in our core.  Don't always get it as the rules are so lax, but we have been getting a decent amount nonetheless.  Seems more OKC developments in their core don't "get it", but thats just armchair prognosticating.  We may go down to OKC this Saturday to take a gander and see what they are up to down the pike lol.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2018, 08:27:03 am »

One thing I am very thankful for is our push to get pedestrian friendly/transit friendly development in our core.  Don't always get it as the rules are so lax, but we have been getting a decent amount nonetheless.  Seems more OKC developments in their core don't "get it", but thats just armchair prognosticating.  We may go down to OKC this Saturday to take a gander and see what they are up to down the pike lol.

They are about to start their streetcar train service. That's WAY beyond anything we are doing. "Bus Rapid Transit" in a few years doesn't cut it.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2018, 08:52:23 am »

They are about to start their streetcar train service. That's WAY beyond anything we are doing. "Bus Rapid Transit" in a few years doesn't cut it.

Bus Rapid Transit, if done right with set schedules, covered stops and high frequency, can be more effective than a streetcar.  Especially for a long distance inter-city route like Peoria.  That being said I think we should look at what OKC (and Kansas City) have done with a streetcar and see if we can do something similar that connects the downtown districts and also to TU.  I'm in OKC every few months and have been impressed by the new developments that have been spurred along the line. 

Anyways this thread is about IKEA..

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2018, 10:17:52 am »

Bus Rapid Transit will be a plus for Tulsa.  It will be a success.   Hope Tulsa eventually bring its own streetcar system to downtown.  You have a beautiful/clean downtown; the streetcar would cater to tourists; especially convention attendees.  

Oklahoma City Streetcar system will serve 3 areas covering 6.9 miles, Downtown, Midtown (4.9 mile loop) & Bricktown (2.0 mile loop); the 6.9 miles of streetcar link interconnects.  Our biggest snag with the streetcar will be the underground tunnel--Metro Concourse which stretches throughout 20 blocks downtown, it covers 1 mile:  http://downtownokc.com/underground/

Tour of the OKC MAPS III streetcar route:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD7cyPMq18s

Oklahoma City 3D Fly-Through  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVgYJoEP36Q

There are many exciting developments under construction in OKC's new convention district with the 72 acre $131 million DT Scissortail Park, New Convention Center & 605 room Omni Hotel and the 133 room Fairfield Inn & Suites by Tulsa developer Andy Pratel has topped off at 5 stories next to the convention center.  http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=38017&page=10.

The Convention Center District comprised of $288 million convention center, $40 million 550 space parking garage, $131 million downtown park, $240 million Omni & $80 million Fairfield INN hotels will infuse $860 million into the new district.

MAPS 3 Oklahoma City Streetcar Progress Update – July 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gJKRIt15hU

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 10:45:56 am by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2018, 10:55:16 am »

Oklahoma City's Bricktown Districthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU3uO_1P6mg

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2018, 12:58:44 pm »

Blah, blah, blah, blah, OKC, blah, blah, blah, OKC, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, OKC...  Roll Eyes
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2018, 03:05:41 pm »

An Atlanta-based technology service company is seeking financial incentives to aid in bringing up to 150 jobs to Oklahoma City.

Rural Sourcing, Inc. currently has 420 employees and is rapidly growing. It has targeted OKC for an expansion office and plans to add 150 new jobs over the next three years.

The average first-year wage is estimated at $68,614, according to documents appearing on the agenda for next Tuesday's Economic Development Trust meeting.

The offices would be located in the Plow Building, a recently restored five-story building at 29 E. Reno Ave. in Bricktown. Formerly abandoned, the Plow was thoroughly renovated by local developer Richard McKown and with this latest deal is approaching full capacity.

Rural Sourcing specializes in domestically outsourced software development and support. In addition to their Atlanta headquarters, the have offices in Albuquerque, New Mexico; Mobile, Alabama; and Jonesboro, Arkansas.

A memo to the trust from city manager Jim Couch indicates the Chamber of Commerce has been working with the company since July and that Rural Sourcing reviewed 50 mid-size cities and considered factors such as access to IT talent, cost of living, quality of life and economic incentives.

It is estimated that the financial impact would be $122.5 million over the first seven years.

The company plans to invest $500,000 in leasehold improvements and $1 million in furniture and equipment over the next three years.

The trust is being asked to approve a resolution that would be the first step in allocating $450,000 in incentives in general obligation limited tax bond proceeds. Ultimately, city council would have to provide final approval.

via OKCTalk:  Tech company to bring 150 jobs to Bricktown - Published on 09-14-2018 10:00 AM

Published: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 By: Steve Lackmeyer Source: NewsOK

Rural Sourcing, a software development company, is set to start hiring for its proposed new location in Bricktown later this year with plans to staff up to 150 people or more after three years.

Tre Sasser, chief financial officer at the Atlanta-based company, said Oklahoma City prevailed over 49 other cities considered for the company's fifth development center.

“I'm incredibly excited by the prospect of coming to Oklahoma City,” Sasser said Tuesday during a presentation to the Oklahoma City Economic Development Trust. “We believe it's the right combination of high-tech talent, low cost of living and quality of life to get us started.”  https://www.greateroklahomacity.com/news/2018/09/19/newsok/rural-sourcing-aims-to-compete-against-world-from-bricktown/

The company will be on the Oklahoma City Streetcar Bricktown loop west of the Bricktown Ballpark.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 03:24:35 pm by Laramie » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 60   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org