A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:14:56 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Expo Square animated LED billboards  (Read 8462 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: September 03, 2018, 12:45:36 pm »

The new Expo Square LED video signs would be illegal under Title 42 Tulsa Revised Ordinances 60.100 if it were applied there.  I know its County property but I thought the annexation in 2009 meant that the Expo and the Fairgrounds had to abide by city regulations?

They became operational this weekend with animated cartoons.

Section 60.100 Dynamic Displays
The supplemental regulations of this section apply to all signs with dynamic displays.
Except as otherwise expressly stated, these regulations apply whether incorporated in to off-premise outdoor advertising signs or on-premise signs that are allowed to include a dynamic display.

60.100-A
The images and messages displayed on a dynamic display must have a minimum dwell time of at least 8 seconds and may not contain any movement, animation, audio, video, pyrotechnics or other special effects.

60.100-B
The transition or change from one message to another must occur in one second or less and involve no animation or special effects.

60.100-C
The images and messages displayed must be complete in and of themselves within the required dwell time.

60.100-D
Dynamic displays may not be located within 50 feet of the driving surface of a signalized intersection, measured horizontally in a straight line from the nearest point of the sign structure to the nearest point of the intersection.

There's more, but those should have been enough.
http://www.tmapc.org/Documents/TulsaZoningCodeAdopted110515.pdf

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 08:45:47 am »

I've reported it to the city via the Tulsa311 app. I encourage others to do the same.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 04:21:56 pm »

I've reported it to the city via the Tulsa311 app. I encourage others to do the same.

I emailed mine, and the city jumped right on it.   NOT.
The fairgrounds installed three more.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org