A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:41:11 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Western Glo  (Read 8938 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 11:42:41 am »

I stay in hotels across America about 70 to 75 nights a year.

I stay everywhere. I disagree that "chains" like these are all going downhill. It just depends on the town, the operators, and how recent the last remodel.

I have stayed in a terrible Hyatt and a wonderful Motel 6 just this summer alone.

I may have not been clear - I don't think they are going downhill (except BW) so much as they just weren't all that special to start with.  We used to stay at BW quite a bit - it was very good value for the money.  Last few times have been disappointing.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 12:04:47 pm »

I stay everywhere. I disagree that "chains" like these are all going downhill. It just depends on the town, the operators, and how recent the last remodel.

I have stayed in a terrible Hyatt and a wonderful Motel 6 just this summer alone.

Do you have a preferred chain?  I made a decision last year, and am a Marriott guy now.   I wish I had done that years ago, as I have several coworkers that are lifetime Platinum with them and it makes a huge difference in reservations and attention. 

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 12:30:38 pm »

I have stayed at a fantastic Radisson and a sh*tty Radisson this year. You just never know...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 07:21:46 am »

Do you have a preferred chain?  I made a decision last year, and am a Marriott guy now.   I wish I had done that years ago, as I have several coworkers that are lifetime Platinum with them and it makes a huge difference in reservations and attention.  

I am member of the 'club' in Hyatt, Marriott, and IHG - in that order.  Typically, there are areas of the country where one is more 'convenient' than another due to location, pricing, number of points I already have, etc.  All 3 generally will not make you sick to stay there.  Some of the Hyatt's have a nice breakfast.  And there is a Renaissance in downtown Milwaukee (and others) that have a great Managers evening happy hour.  Free drinks and 'snacks'....generally can truly make dinner out of it.

Plus for MKE, concourse D at the airport has a little air museum that is pretty cool.  Has the Medal of Honor of a local hero.  That little blue ribbon is modest, but the representation is epic!

In the interest of full disclosure - I really loved staying at Holiday Inn when I was about 11.  They had swimming pools!!  Once I grew past the age of about 14, I realized how generally dirty these places are.  And staying at hundreds of different hotels for thousands of nights over the last many of years has not given me any cause to change my opinion.  Only reinforced what I found to be true, lo those many years ago.   And hotel swimming pools - well, let's just say if I want to soak in a festering stew of waste and harsh chemicals, I would rather just pass - you know it's true.

Take a sleep sack with you.  And pillow cover.  Never walk around barefoot - get a good pair of flip-flops for use in room.  Including the shower.  No bare skin on any cloth surface.  And the very first thing I do going into the room is turn down the bed - the sheets are gonna be dicey, but the comforter/quilt/cover is NEVER washed.  Ever.  You can buy a very decent poly or even silk for a very reasonable price.  Keeps you off the dirty sheets....

Now, having said all that - this is also a great opportunity to build your immune system!!  Positive thoughts....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 09:22:11 am »

Last weekend I gambled on hotel. I went to Priceline "name your own price" area of their website.

I wanted to explore on the Illinois side of St. Louis so I chose the Collinsville area, selected $39 a night, and got a Day's Inn. The total cost after fees and taxes was $53.

It had a clean room, internet, free breakfast, and a large corn field out my room window.

I really like diversity in travel. I went to Vegas last year for 11 nights and I changed hotel rooms every morning. Once I went from a penthouse suite in the Four Queens ($35) to a dive motel (Downtowner for $15).

Power is nothing till you use it.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2018, 09:46:33 am »

Last weekend I gambled on hotel. I went to Priceline "name your own price" area of their website.

I wanted to explore on the Illinois side of St. Louis so I chose the Collinsville area, selected $39 a night, and got a Day's Inn. The total cost after fees and taxes was $53.

It had a clean room, internet, free breakfast, and a large corn field out my room window.

I really like diversity in travel. I went to Vegas last year for 11 nights and I changed hotel rooms every morning. Once I went from a penthouse suite in the Four Queens ($35) to a dive motel (Downtowner for $15).

Must have a tavern within walking distance.  Hey, when you are tired of driving...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org