A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:26:57 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should We Abolish ICE?  (Read 23759 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2018, 06:37:39 pm »

And yet, the Minions are still just fine with the ongoing breaking of Federal law.  And since they make no noise of protest, they are condoning the beating, molestation, and deaths of these kids.  But that is only what one would expect....

Peter Sean Brown was born in Philadelphia.
But when he showed up at a Florida sheriff’s office for violating probation after testing positive for marijuana, he was told he would be detained and flagged for deportation — to the island of Jamaica — based on a request from Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/american-born-citizen-sues-sheriff-after-he-was-nearly-deported-n943486

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2018, 06:19:46 pm »

Peter Sean Brown was born in Philadelphia.
But when he showed up at a Florida sheriff’s office for violating probation after testing positive for marijuana, he was told he would be detained and flagged for deportation — to the island of Jamaica — based on a request from Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/american-born-citizen-sues-sheriff-after-he-was-nearly-deported-n943486

Sounds about right...Trump's ICE - gotta make every effort to rid the country of people who have too dark a complexion.  And send them back to their "s***hole' countries...Trump's words, not mine!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2018, 05:31:37 pm »

Federal authorities have arrested 170 immigrants who came forward seeking to sponsor migrant children in government custody, Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials said.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/ice-arrested-170-immigrants-seeking-sponsor-migrant-children-n946621

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
rebound
City Father

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2018, 09:48:28 am »

Federal authorities have arrested 170 immigrants who came forward seeking to sponsor migrant children in government custody, Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials said.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/ice-arrested-170-immigrants-seeking-sponsor-migrant-children-n946621

"Just under 80 percent of people screened by ICE during the sponsorship process showed results that they were not in the country legally"

I am very sympathetic to immigrants wanting to come into the US.  But we cannot ignore being in this country illegally, either.  What is an agency (any agency) supposed to do when they find that person is not legal in the US?  We have to detain them.   I realize this is a tough issue, particularly with children involved, but that does not discount the need for order and process.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2018, 10:27:16 am »

I am very sympathetic to immigrants wanting to come into the US.  But we cannot ignore being in this country illegally, either.  What is an agency (any agency) supposed to do when they find that person is not legal in the US?  We have to detain them.   I realize this is a tough issue, particularly with children involved, but that does not discount the need for order and process.

Maybe its the absence of professionalism, or the disregard for human dignity in the execution of the process.
Or maybe just the “lack of accountability, and a culture of cruelty within CBP”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/7-year-old-migrant-girl-taken-into-border-patrol-custody-dies-of-dehydration-exhaustion/2018/12/13/8909e356-ff03-11e8-862a-b6a6f3ce8199_story.html

We used bear repellent on children.  
Surely the nation with the most resources on the planet can do better than this.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:37:39 am by patric » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2018, 08:24:49 pm »

Maybe its the absence of professionalism, or the disregard for human dignity in the execution of the process.
Or maybe just the “lack of accountability, and a culture of cruelty within CBP”

We used bear repellent on children.  
Surely the nation with the most resources on the planet can do better than this.

Big part is the total lack of consequences for the people doing this sh$t.  Much like mid-30's Nazi Germany, why not?  Nothing gonna happen anyway.  And if for some reason it did, Trump is there to pardon them...make them "great American heroes", like they did for Oliver North for causing pretty much the same thing - death of priests, nuns, women and children...but on a much larger scale.

Better than this?   No.  We can't.  Or at least choose not to.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2018, 12:55:36 pm »

Big part is the total lack of consequences for the people doing this sh$t.  Much like mid-30's Nazi Germany, why not?  Nothing gonna happen anyway.  And if for some reason it did, Trump is there to pardon them...make them "great American heroes", like they did for Oliver North for causing pretty much the same thing - death of priests, nuns, women and children...but on a much larger scale.

Better than this?   No.  We can't.  Or at least choose not to.

Making Christmas Great Again

(CNN)  Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers dropped off more than 200 undocumented immigrants outside a Greyhound bus terminal in El Paso, Texas, on Sunday night without an apparent plan for housing them, according to Sgt. Robert Gomez, spokesman with the El Paso Police Department.
Police were first notified of the crowd at about 8 p.m. by officials at the bus terminal, who said individuals were trying to board buses without tickets.
"All of a sudden a bunch of people show up; ICE drops them off," said Greyhound spokeswoman Crystal Booker. "We weren't expecting it. We are not given prior notice."
The waiting area at the bus terminal is small, Gomez said, and many people were left standing outside in the cold. He said the group of 211 undocumented immigrants included some families and small children.

ICE dumps hundreds of migrants with nowhere to go at a bus station on Christmas Eve
https://www.businessinsider.com/ice-christmas-eve-el-paso-undocumented-immigrants-texas-mexico-border-2018-12

Day three of mass migrant releases on Christmas Day
An additional 186 migrants were released in downtown El Paso by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement on Christmas Day. That’s in addition to the approximately 400 who that were released in the last two days.
https://cbs4local.com/news/local/day-three-of-mass-migrant-releases-on-christmas-day

"We are going to physically remove ICE from the county jails," Villanueva said, adding that he also planned to cut down the list of roughly 150 misdemeanor offenses that trigger department cooperation with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents.

"We're going to pare that list down substantially" and reduce it to reflect only the most serious charges, the newly-elected sheriff told the board, saying he planned on "honoring the spirit and the letter of SB 54," sometimes called the "sanctuary state" law.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Alex-Villanueva-Limit-Cooperation-ICE-503111661.html

« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 02:52:20 pm by patric » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2019, 07:41:27 pm »

Deaths in custody. Sexual violence. Hunger strikes. What we uncovered inside ICE facilities across the US
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/nation/2019/12/19/ice-asylum-under-trump-exclusive-look-us-immigration-detention/4381404002/

A man in Brooklyn was shot in the face by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agent while attempting to interrupt a deportation arrest Thursday morning.
ICE agents were attempting serve a deportation order to Gaspar Avendano Hernandez, when his girlfriend's son, Eric Diaz, intervened.
Diaz's brother said the ICE agents didn't identify themselves or show an arrest warrant, which caused Diaz to intervene the way that he did.
"He pointed the gun at my brother and didn't even hesitate and pulled the trigger," Cruz said, adding that his brother was tackled before he was shot.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/481899-new-york-man-shot-in-face-after-interrupting-ice-arrest
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 08:40:44 pm by patric » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org