A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:02:20 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: prediction time...who will be the next Governor?  (Read 36795 times)
Tulsasooner78
Citizen

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2018, 10:22:27 pm »

Stitt is the equivalent of Will Ferrell in The Campaign. Marry Fallen 2.0.  Cornett was the best choice.  Oh well at least OKC flipped a 45 year old republican strong hold in Congress. 
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2018, 11:35:58 pm »

Tulsa and OKC must becoming a bit more progressive. Looking at the map, Tulsa County only elected Stitt by 3% (when I first checked Stitt was actually losing in Tulsa County), Oklahoma and Cleveland Counties supported Edmondson.  I also note that District 5 which is largely the OKC area elected a Democrat to the USHOR.

I was going to say: "Well I'll just move out of state if we get someone else like Fallin in office" but well...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Tulsasooner78
Citizen

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2018, 11:56:18 pm »

I grew open in OKC and lived in Tulsa from 2001-2013.  OKC 2013 - 2018 and now back in Tulsa.    OKC is far more progressive than anyone on this board will ever recognize and acknowledge.  Urban OKC has seen a seismic shift in this regard.  Imagine what Cornett could’ve accomplished had he won Tulsa County. He was much more independent and progressive than many realize.   He was forced to lean right due to Lamb and Stitt.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2018, 08:14:26 am »

I grew open in OKC and lived in Tulsa from 2001-2013.  OKC 2013 - 2018 and now back in Tulsa.    OKC is far more progressive than anyone on this board will ever recognize and acknowledge.  Urban OKC has seen a seismic shift in this regard.  Imagine what Cornett could’ve accomplished had he won Tulsa County. He was much more independent and progressive than many realize.   He was forced to lean right due to Lamb and Stitt.

Concentrated urban OKC is progressive.  Every bit of the surrounding area is blind, stupid, extremist right wing.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2018, 09:07:19 am »

He was forced to lean right due to Lamb and Stitt.

Says a lot about him 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2018, 08:03:23 pm »

Unfortunately, I do think party-line voting will give him a 10% advantage over Edmundson. 

Maybe its time to do away with the straight-party vote.  Its antiquated and divisive.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Tulsasooner78
Citizen

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2018, 09:15:44 pm »

Concentrated urban OKC is progressive.  Every bit of the surrounding area is blind, stupid, extremist right wing.

Rightttttttt.   Edmondson won Oklahoma and Cleveland County.  Pretty ignorant assumption on your part to characterize everyone outside the core of OKC that way.   OKC has had it share of wack jobs but please see the gerrymandered districts they represent and the vote totals needed to win.  Edmond and NW OKC also liened considerably to Edmondson.  I guess using your logic everyone in Tulsa and the surrounding area is a racist trump deplorable. 

Tulsasooner78
Citizen

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2018, 09:20:14 pm »

Says a lot about him 

Says he wanted to win.   He couldn’t win without winning both OKC and Tulsa or win in one of the urban areas and win the rural vote.   Given the misinformed ignorance of Tulsans about all things OKC, any candidate from OKC is screwed without trying to shift and appeal to the majority of voters.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2018, 09:54:31 am »

Maybe its time to do away with the straight-party vote.  Its antiquated and divisive.

I was thinking the same thing while in the voting booth.  It is waaaaayyyy too easy to just fill in the single box and be done with it.  (I didn't)  I think everyone should be required to vote on each specific race.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2018, 11:30:45 am »

I was thinking the same thing while in the voting booth.  It is waaaaayyyy too easy to just fill in the single box and be done with it.  (I didn't)  I think everyone should be required to vote on each specific race.

The folks that continue to win this way won't allow this change
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2018, 01:55:44 pm »

Rightttttttt.   Edmondson won Oklahoma and Cleveland County.  Pretty ignorant assumption on your part to characterize everyone outside the core of OKC that way.   OKC has had it share of wack jobs but please see the gerrymandered districts they represent and the vote totals needed to win.  Edmond and NW OKC also liened considerably to Edmondson.  I guess using your logic everyone in Tulsa and the surrounding area is a racist trump deplorable. 

I've lived it for the last dozen years or so.  Finding a progressive is tough in central OK.  Well, anywhere in OK for that matter.  And how many of those people who did see Stitt for what he is also vote for Sally Kern in the past?

All ya gotta do is look at who voted for Trump.  I don't need to even waste energy on anything other than being able to count a little bit - look at the numbers (link below).  Not everyone - just the 25% or so hard core base he has.  And the other 30% or so he got here are either also that way, or at least condone and support that philosophy and lifestyle.  Which do you think it is??

https://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/oklahoma/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Tulsasooner78
Citizen

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2018, 03:07:07 pm »

Bro- Did you even look at the info you posted?  Trump killed it in TULSA county and actually had more votes than in Oklahoma County.  Also, Clinton did far better in Oklahoma County and Cleveland Counry THAN in Tulsa County.  Again,thanks for making my point about Kern... She literally wins with a total of around 2500 votes.  She represented a tiny district encompassing Bethany and Ware Acres, yet you will use that to assume Centeal OK is crazy Republican.   

Look AT THE DATA.   Oklahoma County is far more purple than Tulsa County.   Tulsa County is Red.   Edmondson won OKlahoma & Cleveland County.   Edmondson lost Tulsa.
Tulsasooner78
Citizen

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2018, 03:17:10 pm »

Trump 16 election:

Oklahoma County:
 51.7% of votes or 141,429 for Trump
 41.2% of votes or 112,662 for Clinton
 7% of votes or 29,529 for the independent candidate

Tulsa County: 
58.4% of votes or 144,000 for Trump
35.6% of votes or 87,663 for Clinton
6% of votes or 14,909 for the independent candidate

Cleveland County:
57% of votes or 62,469 for Trump
35% of votes or 38,790 for Clinton
8% of votes or 8,068 for the independent

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2018, 04:57:10 pm »

Trump 16 election:

Oklahoma County:

Tulsa County:  

Cleveland County:

I would be more interested in looking at the percentages from the city limits of OKC and Tulsa and not counties which can skew the data.  Tulsa city went mostly for Edmondson but only represents 60% of the county population of ~650,000, the other 40% are suburbs  which would skew more conservative.  What is Oklahoma County's percentage breakdown between OKC city and suburbs?

Here is an example from the governor's race.  All of the city except the south and southwest sides went for Edmondson.  Stitt did win his "home" district in southwest Tulsa.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:01:47 pm by SXSW » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2018, 07:20:24 pm »

Trump 16 election:

Oklahoma County:

Tulsa County: 

Cleveland County:

OK county gave the right wing 170,000+ votes in 2016.  The independent was Gary Johnson, more red than Trump.  If you look at the red percentage versus blue, in OK county, it is 65% red.  Tulsa on the other hand is 55% red.  10% more purple than OKC.  Details, bro...details...

Cleveland County is skewed by the college types running around there.  It is 55% red, more like Tulsa than OKC.  Haven't looked, but Stillwater may also have that kind of purpling.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org