A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:35:27 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: prediction time...who will be the next Governor?  (Read 36775 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2018, 09:43:09 pm »

I was wrong here. Is this state finally waking up?

Don't get your hopes up.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2018, 08:30:54 am »

No. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2018, 09:05:18 am »

Stitt is going to win.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2018, 09:14:50 am »

Stitt is going to win.

I bet Cornett starts campaigning really hard in the eastern part of the state now.  Be interested to see where Lamb's followers go.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2018, 09:58:39 am »

And the best news of all...we could be afflicted with Tim Harris one more time!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 06:50:03 am »

So Stitt has been singing the praises of Mary Failin' all this time - she has been doing same for him.  This morning I saw the latest ad dissing her - putting her into the same cart as Edmondson!  Let's hope that truly is just desperation at seeing how he is gonna lose.

He is right - we don't need more of the same, it has screwed this state royally, and it driven us to the bottom in a wide range of areas!  And that is exactly what Stitt is - more of the same!!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 11:18:24 am »

So Stitt has been singing the praises of Mary Failin' all this time - she has been doing same for him.  This morning I saw the latest ad dissing her - putting her into the same cart as Edmondson!  Let's hope that truly is just desperation at seeing how he is gonna lose.

He is right - we don't need more of the same, it has screwed this state royally, and it driven us to the bottom in a wide range of areas!  And that is exactly what Stitt is - more of the same!!

There is an (R) next to his name on the ballot...Stitt will win
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 03:13:08 pm »

Yeah.  May well do that.  See my post about Inhofe's wall funding.

Intellectual dishonesty.  Moral bankruptcy.  The Oklahoma Way.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 11:23:47 pm »

I have noticed that several R candidates, whose principal qualification during the primaries was their religion, have not mentioned anything about religion now that they have to cross party lines to win the general election.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2018, 12:43:41 pm »

I have noticed that several R candidates, whose principal qualification during the primaries was their religion, have not mentioned anything about religion now that they have to cross party lines to win the general election.

Another example of, "The Oklahoma Way."

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2018, 11:01:53 pm »

Unfortunately, I do think party-line voting will give him a 10% advantage over Edmundson.  I really think Edmundson would be the ideal next Governor of Oklahoma.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2018, 07:49:35 pm »

Unfortunately, I do think party-line voting will give him a 10% advantage over Edmundson.  I really think Edmundson would be the ideal next Governor of Oklahoma.

Big ole pile left in his backyard by the neighbor's dog would be a better governor than Bull Stitt.

Here is a Republican "businessman" who was so corrupt and unethical in his business operation that he was banned for life from doing business in extreme Republican Georgia.  From GEORGIA!!   Let that soak in - the most Still-like state in the country and even they cannot tolerate his corruption!   Well, until earlier this year when the 'right people' got the 'right incentive' to reverse that ban.  Wonder what that cost.??   Gotta be plenty!

rebound
City Father

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2018, 08:52:51 am »

Big ole pile left in his backyard by the neighbor's dog would be a better governor than Bull Stitt.

Here is a Republican "businessman" who was so corrupt and unethical in his business operation that he was banned for life from doing business in extreme Republican Georgia.  From GEORGIA!!   Let that soak in - the most Still-like state in the country and even they cannot tolerate his corruption!   Well, until earlier this year when the 'right people' got the 'right incentive' to reverse that ban.  Wonder what that cost.??   Gotta be plenty!

I've got a good friend who is staunch GOP (and, "bless his heart", a hard-core OU fan...) who told me recently he was crossing over to the DEM side to vote against Stitt.  He said, "I've had business dealings with Stitt, and regardless of politics, he is not the kind of man I want running Oklahoma."

Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2018, 09:18:15 am »

Here is a Republican "businessman" who was so corrupt and unethical in his business operation that he was banned for life from doing business in extreme Republican Georgia.

Back over the summer I met Kevin Stitt and he was very sincere and knowledgeable about what he was talking about. He laid out detailed plans for how he intended to fix the major issues we currently have in Oklahoma. He took the time to answer questions for a crowd of only about 20 people.

Despite the smear campaign against him and his company, he has been very successful. I'll take a gamble on an outsider who knows how to run a business efficiently and see if he can break the status quo in our state government. I took that gamble with Trump and couldn't be happier with the results.

That being said, Drew Edmonson seems to be a respectable moderate who I really wouldn't have any issues with being governor. At the end of the day we need someone who will work with all parties, is serious about getting things fixed, and has a real plan to do so.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2018, 10:12:55 am »

I took that gamble with Trump and couldn't be happier with the results.

All we need to know
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org