A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:48:59 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: prediction time...who will be the next Governor?  (Read 37225 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: June 25, 2018, 09:17:38 am »

My prediction for the primary is Drew Edmonson on the democrat side and a runoff between Todd lamb and Mick Cornett in August.

If Trump stays popular, Todd Lamb wins and again in November.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 10:25:29 am »

I think it is going to come down to Edmonson v Cornett. The majority of my Republican friends realize that Lamb is nothing more than Fallin 2.0 and won't vote for him.

They are pretty equally split between Cornett and Stitt with a few liking Gary Jones.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 12:08:08 pm »

Decide which is the lowest common denominator, least beneficial for the people of the state, and there is your guy!

I'm betting Cornett...or Lamb if we really wanna be stupid.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gold
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 12:32:12 pm »

Cornett vs. Edmonson and Cornett wins.

If Lamb wins in the runoff, then Edmonson will win. Lamb has to own the last eight years. He can only claim to somehow be to the right of Fallin, which uniquely won't play in our state.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 01:00:18 pm »

I wish Edmonson would win, I hope Cornett will win and I expect Lamb will sadly win.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 01:43:49 pm »

I wish Edmonson would win, I hope Cornett will win and I expect Lamb will sadly win.

Right there with you.

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 02:24:37 pm »

There is a pretty good chance of it being Stitt and Lamb in a runoff.  Lamb nibbles away enough support from Cornett in OKC area and runs strong in the rural areas (which have significantly increased in Republican registration the past decade), thereby edging out Cornett.  If that happens, Stitt wins the nomination because Lamb can’t distance himself from Fallin.  Stitt (or Lamb or Cornett) beat Edmondson.  Drew’s been out of the game while the state's political landscape has changed and his name no longer carries the weight it once did.
Gold
Citizen

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 02:53:55 pm »

Stitt's really weak. I'd be surprised if was anything more than a distant third. Cornett is very strong in OKC.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 09:22:42 pm »

I'm really out of touch so hard for me to predict.  Based on name recognition and signs we saw while in Tulsa last week, Lamb would have the edge.  I have not seen many Cornett signs in Tulsa at all.

Is there another Democrat besides Edmondson running?  I've not seen their signs.

Stitt has spent an insane amount of money for an outsider and I don't see him being able to win.  I too associate Lamb closely with Fallin and perhaps I'm disappointed he never really asserted himself with his security detail to make a name for himself as Lt. Gov. as Fallin did when she was in that position, or one of many.

Guessing it comes down to Cornett and Edmondson in November.  Oklahoma is red enough Cornett wins even though Edmondson may be the pragmatist Oklahoma needs right now to help balance out the batshitcrazy legislature.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 10:22:09 pm »

Is there another Democrat besides Edmondson running?  I've not seen their signs.

Connie Johnson is the only immediately recognizable name.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/photovideo/slideshows/get-to-know-the-oklahoma-governor-candidates-on-the-primary/collection_f4e928c9-46a0-5296-8ec7-3a49cc4debe4.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 08:25:46 am »

Can I hold out for Paul Tay? He'd put the cray-cray back in state government

Oh, wait...

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 10:13:31 am »

Can I hold out for Paul Tay? He'd put the cray-cray back in state government

Oh, wait...

Maybe Murr Fail was Tay in drag?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 10:25:38 am »

Maybe Murr Fail was Tay in drag?

There's an image I'll never unsee.  Thank you.   Roll Eyes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
joiei
City Father

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2018, 09:08:08 pm »

Looking like Mick, did he even campaign in Tulsa County?, and Drew Edmondson.  Right now Stitt is edging ahead of Lamb for 2nd place.  It's not over till its over. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2018, 09:20:55 pm »

I was wrong here. Is this state finally waking up?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org