A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:13:47 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweets and Cream  (Read 8814 times)
joiei
City Father

« on: June 20, 2018, 05:04:12 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: 1114 South Yale Avenue
Tulsa, OK  74112
Date/Time of Visit: Wednesday, June 20. 4:30pm
Quality of Food (1-5): 5
Menu/Food Options (1-5): limited to 5
Quality of Service (1-5): efficient to 5
Atmosphere (1-5): very clean and a 5
Overall Rating (1-5): You guessed it, 5
Price ($-$$$$$): cheap $
What makes this restaurant unique:homemade to order ice cream sandwiches

Tell us about your experience:It was a hot afternoon and I had been hearing about this place so decided to check it out.  The counter was being manned by a couple. Excellent selection of cookies and brownies and you can mix and match.  All the cookies are homemade.  The ice cream comes from Hiland Dairies so it is made in Oklahoma.  I chose a Toffee chocolate chip cookie and a snickerdoodle with a very generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.  $1.99, the best bargain in the whole city of Tulsa. 

When you enter, there is a line and the very nice lady helps you decide about your cookies and then will dip your ice cream of choice.  Then you pay.  The place was spotlessly clean.  The kids that were there were having a good time.  You don't have to be a kid to be a kid. For 20 minutes I was a kid. 

I will definitely be going back with friends who have kids. 

Hey Mr Bread, hope your having a good day.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 12:53:44 pm »

It is crazy and awesome how cheap the prices are. Great place. I hope the area continues to support it and I'm thankful they moved in and set up shop there. Best deal for a dessert in town!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 11:11:25 pm »

I hope they can sustain at those price points.  We are in Tulsa for a few days not far from there, we will have to drop in for a treat.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 10:36:59 am »

the very nice lady helps you decide about your cookies

a cookie sommelier.  
yes, that will pair nicely with mint-chocolate-chip

Was hoping they made their cream in-house... still need to check this place out.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 10:38:26 am »

Best deal for a dessert in town!

TBH, the $0.50 cones at QT, and $1.00 waffle cones at Braums are hard-to-beat
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 12:05:50 pm »

TBH, the $0.50 cones at QT, and $1.00 waffle cones at Braums are hard-to-beat

This will have to be stellar to beat Braum's!   Gotta try it this week...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org