A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:48:05 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Society Burger on Cherry Street  (Read 8861 times)
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« on: June 20, 2018, 08:12:21 am »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Society Burger on Cherry Street
Date/Time of Visit: 6/18/18
Quality of Food (1-5): 4
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 4
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 5
Overall Rating (1-5): 4
Price ($-$$$$$): $$-$$$

What makes this restaurant unique: Great covered patio with those dry-misters like they have at Roosevelts that cool you down without feeling moisture. Also lots of fans that make it feel perfect even though it was hot out. The patio is an awesome addition. It pushes the place out closer to the street, making it far more visible and the trade-off was what, 2/3 parking spaces? Far better use as a patio. Several TVs and overall a really well-made interior that feels upscale and modern with classic bones. It is something different for Cherry Street. Not the most decorative patio and not the greatest view, but with great shade and cooling system, it might be one of the best well-done useful patios in town you can enjoy even on the hottest days. Without it, the atmosphere would be 4 at best.

Tell us about your experience: Food is served a la carte, no fries/sides included with burgers. We got truffle fries (a  bit too salty for my tastes but my wife liked them), mildly-spicy chicken tender appetizer (delicious and very nice light-fry akin to Chic fil-A style pan frying as opposed to typical deep-fry). an Everything Burger and an Okie Burger.

Sitting at a bar with such a great list, I felt obligated to get one and had to support a local brewery so went with a Marshall USS Tulsa IPA. It went very well with burgers. They had many local beers on tap, although I wish they had a couple truly light Pale Ales or at least Lagers/Pilsner or two. Too many hoppy options and options that are 6.2%+ which I know would overpower the flavor of the food. I want a light option to go with a heavy burger.

The meal overall was delicious. Burgers were closer to well done and tasted fine as they were. Light fresh buns and lightly sauced. Burger style seemed akin to a cheesy Hardens burger or Lot A Burger, but better "craft"/artisanal buns and only shredded onions (fried on Okie, fresh thinly-sliced red on Everything). It's like a greesy/cheesy burger joint burger served in a more upscale trendy place.

We got shakes also. The Bananas Foster and Salted Caramel. They were both very sweet. Very good at first but like any sweet shake, the flavor starts to disappear behind the overwhelming sweetness. They have adult shake options too.

Depending on what you get, it can be pretty pricey or moderate for a burger place. Burgers are $6-$10, fries are $3.50 and appetizers are around $6-$10. In theory, 2 can eat for $20, but realistically, more like $33 with an appetizer and beer. I don't know if we will go there regularly but we plan to go back.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 09:07:52 am »

Not quite sure I understand your onion comment - they were fried?   Not raw...?   (Why do I ask; Love fried, not a fan of raw...)

Sounds good.  Sounds a little pricey.  Will try to get there this weekend.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 01:51:07 pm »

Not quite sure I understand your onion comment - they were fried?   Not raw...?   (Why do I ask; Love fried, not a fan of raw...)

I meant the only veggies on each were shredded onions (no lettuce/tomato although maybe they have those on request).

deep-fried onions on Okie burger,

fresh thinly-sliced red onions on Everything burger
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 01:55:48 pm »

We did have a lot of leftovers (most of a burger and most of the appetizer). I'm guessing the "real" price of what we ate there was more like $25 if we just bought what we ate/drank completely.

I think it is a much better experience and price point then HopBunz. Seems a bit more upscale and atmosphere makes the prices seem reasonable. Probably a good fit for the area because it's something different and great late night/casual option.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 02:56:05 pm »

We did have a lot of leftovers (most of a burger and most of the appetizer). I'm guessing the "real" price of what we ate there was more like $25 if we just bought what we ate/drank completely.

I think it is a much better experience and price point then HopBunz. Seems a bit more upscale and atmosphere makes the prices seem reasonable. Probably a good fit for the area because it's something different and great late night/casual option.

I take the leftovers home most of the time...then usually don't eat them.  But just in case....   I do like the look of that 'covered with stuff' bagel bun.  Lots of chunky grain things on the outside gotta be good!    Their website shows one with a 'skirt' of cheese "frita" around the burger.  I wonder if that is sent to table, too?  That would have to be great! 

Haven't been to HopBunz - guess I won't ever get to....

Late night for us is about 4 pm most days...old people hours.  So maybe will miss the crowd!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 12:56:44 pm »

I take the leftovers home most of the time...then usually don't eat them.  But just in case....   I do like the look of that 'covered with stuff' bagel bun.  Lots of chunky grain things on the outside gotta be good!    Their website shows one with a 'skirt' of cheese "frita" around the burger.  I wonder if that is sent to table, too?  That would have to be great! 

Haven't been to HopBunz - guess I won't ever get to....

Late night for us is about 4 pm most days...old people hours.  So maybe will miss the crowd!

It wasn't too crowded on Monday but they did say it was sort of a soft opening.

I'm thinking I'll add it to my rolodex of places to go to have a beer, maybe have an appetizer to watch games on the patio. It's an uplifting and unique environment similar to Roosevelts. Might be nice to get there at 4pm and have the place all to yourself.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 01:06:12 pm »

It wasn't too crowded on Monday but they did say it was sort of a soft opening.

I'm thinking I'll add it to my rolodex of places to go to have a beer, maybe have an appetizer to watch games on the patio. It's an uplifting and unique environment similar to Roosevelts. Might be nice to get there at 4pm and have the place all to yourself.

It's the only way to go... 3pm is good, too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org