A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:40:04 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evanglical Conservative Republicans love them some Trump.  (Read 5636 times)
joiei
City Father

« on: June 08, 2018, 06:11:18 pm »

You know, I find it hilarious that all the dudes running for the Republican position for governor of Oklahoma are all running on the I LOVE TRUMP ticket.  And they are all saying what a terrible place Oklahoma is in right now.  Dudes, you own Oklahoma.  It is owned by the evangelical conservative Trump party right now.  What are you going to fix?  The mess created by your fellow republicans?  And some of those mess creators are running on this line of garbage.  Lamb.  Your not going to raise any taxes, in fact your going to give the oil and gas and Hamm a tax cut to reduce the responsibilities of the state.  MASA ( make america stupid again)

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 09:01:28 pm »

"Hossy Fit"...^^^

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 09:07:23 pm »

You know, I find it hilarious that all the dudes running for the Republican position for governor of Oklahoma are all running on the I LOVE TRUMP ticket.  And they are all saying what a terrible place Oklahoma is in right now.  Dudes, you own Oklahoma.  It is owned by the evangelical conservative Trump party right now.  What are you going to fix?  The mess created by your fellow republicans?  And some of those mess creators are running on this line of garbage.  Lamb.  Your not going to raise any taxes, in fact your going to give the oil and gas and Hamm a tax cut to reduce the responsibilities of the state.  MASA ( make america stupid again)

To an extent, lower taxes can benefit the economy.  That only works to a certain threshold. Oklahoma is only a few tax cuts away from achieving the standard of living of Guatemala.

I was looking at the candidate who won the Democrat primary in our house district in NM (#40).  There were no R's who filed for primaries so basically, he wins the seat unopposed next November.  He was going on about all the changes and things he's going to look out for.  He is the alleged hand-picked successor to the fellow who held the seat since 1973.  I have to ask, if things need that much attention, what was his successor and endorser doing all these years?

It pains me to think I may actually have to register as a party-identified voter again as IND's apparently have even less voice in NM than they did in Oklahoma.  At least the Democrats allowed us to vote in the last Democrat primary.

A good part of New Mexico is owned by the Democrats politically and it doesn't fair much better than Oklahoma.  For some reason we don't seem inundated with the fall-out of it on a daily basis like we did from the foibles of the Ok Legislature.  Hey, we are #49 in education but at least we have mountains, cool sunsets, great craft beer, 'n' stuff.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 01:02:51 am »

To an extent, lower taxes can benefit the economy.  That only works to a certain threshold. Oklahoma is only a few tax cuts away from achieving the standard of living of Guatemala.

I was looking at the candidate who won the Democrat primary in our house district in NM (#40).  There were no R's who filed for primaries so basically, he wins the seat unopposed next November.  He was going on about all the changes and things he's going to look out for.  He is the alleged hand-picked successor to the fellow who held the seat since 1973.  I have to ask, if things need that much attention, what was his successor and endorser doing all these years?

It pains me to think I may actually have to register as a party-identified voter again as IND's apparently have even less voice in NM than they did in Oklahoma.  At least the Democrats allowed us to vote in the last Democrat primary.

A good part of New Mexico is owned by the Democrats politically and it doesn't fair much better than Oklahoma.  For some reason we don't seem inundated with the fall-out of it on a daily basis like we did from the foibles of the Ok Legislature.  Hey, we are #49 in education but at least we have mountains, cool sunsets, great craft beer, 'n' stuff.

Speaking of mountains and sunsets, and a developing craft brew area, I just upgraded from poorly run over taxed Oregon back to Arizona, a fairly well run Red State.

So hi neighbor!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 03:45:54 pm »

"Hossy Fit"...^^^

Still doing your 7th grade dropout imitation, we see

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 07:08:43 pm »

Speaking of mountains and sunsets, and a developing craft brew area, I just upgraded from poorly run over taxed Oregon back to Arizona, a fairly well run Red State.

So hi neighbor!

Back to PHX?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 07:55:18 pm »

Back to PHX?

Yep. Rented a house in Peoria near Cardinal's Stadium, have some leads on jobs that are coming up in late July and August, and will be moved in by July first. Cost of living in Oregon is just more than I want to pay, for what I'm renting a house for here is about what I would pay for a nice one bedroom apartment in or around Portland. Arizona isn't perfect but it's better than the fruit loops in Salem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org