A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:03:00 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Protests  (Read 24314 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2018, 02:50:18 pm »

How about the insane corporate tax cuts?  You know, the ones that have caused all the stock buy-backs by and for one percenters?

While you may not agree with them, they are hardly problamatic for a huge swath of the population. I'd stick with some of your other points. Again, this has done nothing to hurt our "place in the world" that i can tell.

How about his HORRIBLE record on cabinet picks i.e. Pruitt?  How's that swamp-draining going?

Yes, Pruitt sucks.

How about the fact that many of his EOs have been struck down by federal judges.  I know Obama had one or two, but that was in his whole eight years.  Trump wasn't even out of his first year and there were three to my recollection.

I know they basically keep blocking the same Eo over and over again (travel ban), and the Sanctuary funding thing, but what else. Coincidentally Obama had some immigration orders blocked as well. Again, this is really not a monumental thing.  

And I never defended Slick Willie when he got caught.  His impeachment was the right thing to do.  Presidents, in my opinion, should still be held to a higher standard than the rest of the general citizenhood of the country.  That YOU don't think that it should (or at least that you made this reference) tells me that you do carry water for this President despite your statements to the contrary.  If he does something good that I like, I'll let you know.  Sure, the tax cuts passed have given me a little extra money on my paycheck.  But how much of that will go down the drain with this stupid "trade war" that the Commander in Cheese (search that, it's not a typo, happened early today) is telling everyone "trade wars can be good".

Tell that to pork farmers.  They will be the ones screwed over.  And others.

I appreciate that you say you never defended Bill Clinton, but often his presidential actions are oft defended by a multitude of people. And hardly was there are a concern that US's image was in grave danger because of his philandering raping ways.

All I was doing was trying to understand what I am supposed to understand. Because from my standpoint it seems to be a moving target of whatever suits the mainstream at the moment.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2018, 11:22:09 am »

That "Newsroom" segment is dead on.

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2018, 11:38:46 am »

That "Newsroom" segment is dead on.

It has been for at least since it's debut on HBO, if not before that.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2018, 10:47:40 am »

I keep asking, but never get a coherent answer...  exactly when was it that America was great and exactly for whom??    We were headed that way when we went to the moon...but that was a long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTjMqda19wk

I had never seen that before, wow.  It's almost like a checklist of things Princess Trump needed to exploit.

After backhanding our greatest allies, today's agenda also includes Celebrity Pardons to appease minorities.  Sure we know Muhammad Ali didnt need a pardon but we sure think it will win over "the negroes."

Votes.  Airtime.  Column-inches.  ...and it distracts from remembering what the protests are all about in the first place. 

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2018, 08:53:14 pm »

Are the NFL'rs going to take a knee in front of any Crip's or Blood's house's etc..Huh

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2018, 03:43:19 pm »

Are the NFL'rs going to take a knee in front of any Crip's or Blood's house's etc..Huh

Still irrelevant after all these years...

At least you are consistent.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2018, 01:32:01 pm »

Trump’s desire to force patriotism with NFL kneeling ban echoes Nazi salute incident in 1933
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/comparisons-drawn-nfl-protest-ban-nazi-germany-article-1.4010138

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2018, 01:23:30 pm »

Trump’s desire to force patriotism with NFL kneeling ban echoes Nazi salute incident in 1933
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/comparisons-drawn-nfl-protest-ban-nazi-germany-article-1.4010138

Let's face it; that is Trump's whole agenda to guide the narrative away from the original focus.  To make the NFL player participants look like a bunch of thugs unappreciative of the opportunities the American dream affords them.   These injustices will continue; the only outrage is when you see it directed toward white women.   Not trying to derail the conversation--just speaking from observation.

Notice that everything Trump does he makes it about himself.  He sits in the Presidential office in violation of the 'Emoluments Clause' while a Republican controlled congress does nothing; imagine if Obama were in violation of this clause--impeachment proceedings would have followed.

Never in my lifetime did you see a President tell so many lies that you can't trust what's flowing from his mouth.   The most recent major lie; Trump added that everybody "can now feel much safer than the day I took office" and people could "sleep well tonight!"   Again, it's all about him.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 01:40:50 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2018, 07:01:50 am »

On a related note.  Just once, I'd like to hear This Land is Your Land, instead of God Bless America...

Lol....I like your thought process, but that ain't never gonna happen.  It isn't.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2018, 07:04:31 am »

Let's face it; that is Trump's whole agenda to guide the narrative away from the original focus.  To make the NFL player participants look like a bunch of thugs unappreciative of the opportunities the American dream affords them.   These injustices will continue; the only outrage is when you see it directed toward white women.   Not trying to derail the conversation--just speaking from observation.

Notice that everything Trump does he makes it about himself.  He sits in the Presidential office in violation of the 'Emoluments Clause' while a Republican controlled congress does nothing; imagine if Obama were in violation of this clause--impeachment proceedings would have followed.

Never in my lifetime did you see a President tell so many lies that you can't trust what's flowing from his mouth.   The most recent major lie; Trump added that everybody "can now feel much safer than the day I took office" and people could "sleep well tonight!"   Again, it's all about him.

You haven't even begun to touch on the other Federal laws his regime is currently breaking. 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org