A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:11:36 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: B17 at TIA  (Read 5658 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: May 15, 2018, 09:49:33 am »

At about 530PM yesterday, I saw a B17 on approach to 17R. Dunno if it was here for fueling or if it's parked. I'm going by TASM after work to look for it.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 09:52:27 am »

At about 530PM yesterday, I saw a B17 on approach to 17R. Dunno if it was here for fueling or if it's parked. I'm going by TASM after work to look for it.

Aluminum Overcast has made stops in the area before, neat old aircraft.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 10:38:50 am »

You mean 18R?  I don't think TIA has had 17R for a while now (unless the magdev has forced a renumbering).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 01:03:12 pm »

I thought I had that right, Hoss, but wasn't sure. Thanks for correcting it.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 01:36:32 pm »

Would love to see that again... B17 is the most elegant airplane design ever!   

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 05:31:17 pm »

You mean 18R?  I don't think TIA has had 17R for a while now (unless the magdev has forced a renumbering).

Renumbering of the N-S runways occurred between 1991 and 1995.  I have the Oklahoma Airport Directory for those two years.  8-26 did not get renumbered.  All three runways at Riverside were renumbered by 10 degrees.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 10:20:51 am »

The runway numbers conversation was so gol-durned exciting I nearly creamed my ZZzzzzzzz....
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 12:55:41 pm »

Renumbering of the N-S runways occurred between 1991 and 1995.  I have the Oklahoma Airport Directory for those two years.  8-26 did not get renumbered.  All three runways at Riverside were renumbered by 10 degrees.

The poles are flipping!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 03:15:48 pm »

This is where it pays to have friends who have access to the airport grounds.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TeeDub
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 01:15:36 pm »

I wish your pictures worked.

The B-17 bomber “Texas Raiders” will be at Jones Riverside Airport Monday through Thursday.
The number of B-17's has gone from more than 12,000 in their heyday to less than 12 flying today.
You can take a tour of the plane on the ground for $10 for adults, $5 for kids, or $20 for a family up to five.
Or, for prices starting at $475, you can even go on a flight aboard the flying fortress in the skies above Tulsa.

https://www.krmg.com/news/local/texas-raiders-bomber-flies-into-tulsa-next-week/ZDKpneYYDmpPCjQ24yMwGL/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org