A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:00:45 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Food truck Wednesdays + Trolley  (Read 4693 times)
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« on: May 09, 2018, 11:12:35 am »

I noticed that during the Enviro Expo back in April that they ran a free trolley service around Downtown from 11-1, in order to get people over to Guthrie Green.  There was a published schedule for the stops and it ran really smoothly! This would be an awesome thing to do each and every Wednesday in order to get more people over to the food trucks.  While it's not THAT far to walk from the CBD to the Green, this would offer a massive amount of convenience and I think it would be a boon to the vendors.  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:47:43 pm by bacjz00 » Logged

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 12:38:07 pm »

I noticed that during the Enviro Expo back in April that they ran a free trolley service around Downtown from 10-2, in order to get people over to Guthrie Green.  There was a published schedule for the stops and it ran really smoothly! This would be an awesome thing to do each and every Wednesday in order to get more people over to the food trucks.  While it's not THAT far to walk from the CBD to the Green, this would offer a massive amount of convenience and I think it would be a boon to the vendors.  Thoughts?

I agree it is not really a long walk, but when it gets 90+ (like today) it can be a rather unpleasant walk.  I think adding the trolley is a great way to boost Food Truck Wednesday, but it needs to be promoted.
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 03:47:15 pm »

Here was the flyer printed up for the Enviro Expo.  It's a very good concept I think.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org