A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:17:49 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa City-County Central Library wins 2018 AIA/ALA Library Building Award  (Read 4196 times)
D-TownTulsan
Activist

« on: May 03, 2018, 04:25:13 pm »

This is awesome news and great exposure in the architecture world!

https://www.bdcnetwork.com/best-library-design-2018-six-projects-earn-aiaala-library-awards

And From the AIA:

https://www.aia.org/showcases/187031-tulsa-city-county-central-library

I haven't actually checked the project out yet, but will have to soon. Great photography as well.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 04:40:43 pm »

This is awesome news and great exposure in the architecture world!

https://www.bdcnetwork.com/best-library-design-2018-six-projects-earn-aiaala-library-awards

And From the AIA:

https://www.aia.org/showcases/187031-tulsa-city-county-central-library

I haven't actually checked the project out yet, but will have to soon. Great photography as well.

Nice interiors and surroundings on all those.  And the Tulsa exterior rework looks from the pics like it will be very nice!  Trees!!  The previous solid concrete expanse was just ridiculous.

Edit:  Tulsa interior is not just nice.  It is beautiful !  Destination!

MSR Design - Minneapolis - do they have an office here??   If not, did we really have to go that far away to find good architects?

Never have been a fan of the Tulsa building exterior look - and most of the rest of them also suffer from similar problem - "too much glass" syndrome.  It makes them LEED buildings though, gets them brownie points with someone, and means they are guaranteed to never work as efficient, comfortable buildings....

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 04:44:30 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
buffalodan
Activist

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 11:38:07 am »

They don't have a local office, but I mean...they did do a nationally recognized "good job". So I feel like getting some out-of-state experts worked in this case. Landscape and Structural were in town, so that helps.

I really love the new library. I don't go there often, but everything about it just seems really well done.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 01:37:01 pm »

They don't have a local office, but I mean...they did do a nationally recognized "good job". So I feel like getting some out-of-state experts worked in this case. Landscape and Structural were in town, so that helps.

I really love the new library. I don't go there often, but everything about it just seems really well done.

I used to go there a lot, but haven't been able to lately.  Am looking forward to seeing it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
D-TownTulsan
Activist

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 08:43:29 am »

It just came to my realization that the main photo of the building was not taken off of Denver, which I had previously assumed. How's the result on that side? I am flying in to Tulsa this evening for work so I'll have to check it out.

Though it would have been nice to have a local firm tackle this, they probably knocked it out of the park with the RFQ. They do have a very impressive spread of projects.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org