A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:24:08 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coming to OKC  (Read 7843 times)
rebound
City Father

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 09:51:21 am »

It's like Coney Islander....even though they are terrible coney's, sometimes ya just gotta have one of those little gut bombs!!

When I was at OSU, I went to Coney on the strip once or twice a week. (or at least it seemed that way)  When we moved back into Tulsa about three years ago, I was really excited to take my son to the Coney on Peoria. I had built it up pretty solid to him, and we both went in ready to do some damage to some Coneys.  And it was terrible.  I don't know if nostalgia got the better of me or what, but I've never been back.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 12:45:14 pm »

When I was at OSU, I went to Coney on the strip once or twice a week. (or at least it seemed that way)  When we moved back into Tulsa about three years ago, I was really excited to take my son to the Coney on Peoria. I had built it up pretty solid to him, and we both went in ready to do some damage to some Coneys.  And it was terrible.  I don't know if nostalgia got the better of me or what, but I've never been back.

That is how it has been since at least the early 60's, when I first started going there.  Still, I do have to go back from time to time... it is compelling.  Like In-N-Out and White Castle....

I view it as a "soul cleansing" experience!

Or something....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org