A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:14:36 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Roseanne Flyover Notoriety  (Read 24816 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: March 31, 2018, 10:14:37 am »

According to Nielsen Media's metered-market ratings, which show tune-in by households in 56 of America's biggest metropolitan areas, Roseanne scored the highest in...Tulsa, Oklahoma. The country's No. 62 market, with just over 500,000 TV-watching households, outperformed the national average by 60 percent with an average 19.0 overnight rating. The market with the highest percentage of TV-watching households tuned into the show was also in the Central Time Zone.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/roseanne-performed-middle-america-1098125

What better fan of a malignant narcissist who likes to brag about grabbing women by the crotch than a woman who grabs herself by the crotch.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 07:34:05 pm »

According to Nielsen Media's metered-market ratings, which show tune-in by households in 56 of America's biggest metropolitan areas, Roseanne scored the highest in...Tulsa, Oklahoma. The country's No. 62 market, with just over 500,000 TV-watching households, outperformed the national average by 60 percent with an average 19.0 overnight rating. The market with the highest percentage of TV-watching households tuned into the show was also in the Central Time Zone.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/roseanne-performed-middle-america-1098125

What better fan of a malignant narcissist who likes to brag about grabbing women by the crotch than a woman who grabs herself by the crotch.

Yeah...I commented elsewhere.  Wasn't funny then.  Not funny now.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 11:33:19 pm »

This thread in this forum. Proving once again that if you are from out of state looking to visit or relocate, better change your mind.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 11:29:51 am »

This thread in this forum. Proving once again that if you are from out of state looking to visit or relocate, better change your mind.

You're right, Guido. It's well known that both individuals and corporations read these threads, and it's just possible that this one will turn some away. But our low, low taxes and right-to-work have been drawing them like flies to...um...honey. Right. Honey. Not that other stuff flies like so well.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 10:39:53 am »

You're right, Guido. It's well known that both individuals and corporations read these threads, and it's just possible that this one will turn some away. But our low, low taxes and right-to-work have been drawing them like flies to...um...honey. Right. Honey. Not that other stuff flies like so well.

...but she "represents our values"

Roseanne Barr waded into racial waters on Monday, suggesting that former Barack Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett is a product of the Muslim Brotherhood and the “Planet of the Apes.”
https://www.thewrap.com/roseanne-barr-valerie-jarrett-muslim-brotherhood-planet-apes/

UPDATE:
ABC canceled its hit sitcom "Roseanne" on Tuesday after the show's biggest star, Roseanne Barr, went on a racist Twitter rant.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:51:00 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 09:01:49 am »

Ambien-maker to Roseanne: Racism is not a side effect of our drug
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/05/30/roseanne-barr-blames-ambien-zolpidem-drug-real-side-effects/654683002/

...but 3-time convicted felon Oliver North blamed Ritalin for school shootings so why not.

TeeDub
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 09:21:56 am »

Why is it only whites get backlash from racism?
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 09:23:01 am »

Television depends on ad revenue and when one of your "stars" potentially turns away half the viewers, that star becomes expendable.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 09:38:18 am »

Television depends on ad revenue and when one of your "stars" potentially turns away half the viewers, that star becomes expendable.

Seems like with the show content most viewers are probably work-a-day moderately conservative people.  "Half" their viewership leaving seems like a high estimate.  I never watched the re-boot but I'm assuming it wasn't much different than the original series. 

Roseanne's mental instability has been well known for over 30 years, this should have come as no surprise to ABC/Disney in the first place.

Cancelling the show seems to be a bit of an over-reaction to me.  I believe ABC could have done some sort of very public sanction/fine with Roseanne, called it a "teachable moment" Roseanne could have gone on the talk show circuit as humble and repentant and the issue would have vanished like a fart in the wind.

Network TV has been dead to me for years so I really do care less what is or isn't showing and care even less about the stars.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 10:10:38 am »

"Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that 'ABC does not tolerate comments like those' made by Roseanne Barr," Trump tweeted Wednesday morning. "Gee, he never called President Donald J. Trump to apologize for the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC. Maybe I just didn't get the call?"

There you go...that is the executive branch.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 11:00:51 am »

Oh, really...??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 12:06:48 pm »

Aren't you a cop?
TeeDub
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 01:22:29 pm »

If a black man says something, it's okay.    If a white person repeats exactly the same thing, it isn't.   

No.   They don't "own" it.   Either it should be unusable across the spectrum or not.    There shouldn't be a double standard.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 01:42:52 pm »

If a black man says something, it's okay.    If a white person repeats exactly the same thing, it isn't.   

No.   They don't "own" it.   Either it should be unusable across the spectrum or not.    There shouldn't be a double standard.

So tell me...how many black people call white people 'apes'?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 01:46:12 pm »

So tell me...how many black people call white people 'apes'?

Now that you ask, I have never heard that in all the many hundreds of years I have been listening to vile, nasty, epithets!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org