A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:23:59 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Flats" - mixed-use development at 21 & Boston  (Read 13076 times)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« on: June 05, 2006, 01:30:15 pm »

I know there has been some chatter about this on other threads, but I thought it deserved its own topic.  If you live in the vicinity of 21st and Boston, you know the site.  (Previously the Shriner's...uh...shrine thingy.)

I'm pretty excited to hear it will have underground parking, and commercial space on the ground floor.  Personally, I think it's a step in the right direction...and a better fit than the high-rise "Portofino" development that was previously proposed.  
http://www.rencon.us/flats/index.htm

PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 01:37:15 pm »

Remember "The Flats" project?  I just noticed a sign at 21st and Riverside indicating that a bank will be built on the southeast corner.  Is this part of "the flats" project...or something else entirely?

(By the way...what happened to the content of this thead?  Looks like we lost a lot of comments.)
MichaelC
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 02:02:47 pm »

I remember the bank being mentioned, but if I recall correctly, the bank is going to be between Main and Riverside, and the Flats are going to be between Main and Boston.  That's how I remember it anyway.  I remember it being a terrible location for a bank.

I belive that the bank is being handled by Coury as well.

http://www.couryprop.com/coury_otherFlats.htm
Rico
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 02:48:35 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PonderInc

Remember "The Flats" project?  I just noticed a sign at 21st and Riverside indicating that a bank will be built on the southeast corner.  Is this part of "the flats" project...or something else entirely?

(By the way...what happened to the content of this thead?  Looks like we lost a lot of comments.)

Dear Ponder Inc....

I can empathize with your shock in finding out the content of the thread is gone...

It is that way with the bulk of threads in any category past the 3rd or 4th page.

Sad... very sad... If this is an effect of switching the format of the Forum it was not worth the switch.

Volume, upon volume of info is MIA... Either gone for good or wiped.... If you are fortunate enough to find out exactly what happened... It would make a nice "bullet point" for your Newsletter.
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 02:57:34 pm »

quote:

The location of the bank is to the west of the flats.  It is a different project.  My recollection is that the bank was approved sometime ago--I don't know what the delay has been in construction.  

Different subject, but same site--what is happening with the old restaurant on the north west corner?  It had said "law offices;" now, it says office space for lease.  They have done a good job, IMO, fixing up the place.  I hope something nice goes in there.

brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 04:42:21 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by pmcalk

quote:

The location of the bank is to the west of the flats.  It is a different project.  My recollection is that the bank was approved sometime ago--I don't know what the delay has been in construction.  

Different subject, but same site--what is happening with the old restaurant on the north west corner?  It had said "law offices;" now, it says office space for lease.  They have done a good job, IMO, fixing up the place.  I hope something nice goes in there.

law office with extra space to let

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 09:48:33 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelC

I remember the bank being mentioned, but if I recall correctly, the bank is going to be between Main and Riverside, and the Flats are going to be between Main and Boston.  That's how I remember it anyway.  I remember it being a terrible location for a bank.

I belive that the bank is being handled by Coury as well.

http://www.couryprop.com/coury_otherFlats.htm

Here is what I know:

Coury sold the land to the bank, and it's considered part of the platted development, so he's keeping an eye on it, but I'm not sure he has much involvement beyond that. This branch will be geared more towards business banking, not typical customers, i.e very small lobby, few drive through lanes, etc.  They would like to start before summer, but are still in the process of contractor selection.

Also, the Flats are still a go, Coury just has a set number of pre-sold units he'd like to have on the condos before they start, and I think he's one short....Come on, someone sign up!

PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 01:14:41 pm »

Just realized my original description is wrong... it's actually on the corner of 21st and Boulder... (Whenever I'm on Riverside, I exit on 21st, so I think of that intersection as the "Riverside off-ramp and 21st.")  Still, it does seem like a sort of weird location for a bank...Is there even room for a drive through?  (I hope not!) And access is going to be tough.  If we keep this up, we're going to have more banks than Owasso has churches!  I'm tired of banks...bring on some good pizza joints instead!
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 04:24:13 pm »

I realize this is an old thread but I saw this on Coury Hospitality's website...has anyone heard about The Maple at 21st & Boston?  7 story, 109 room boutique hotel with rooftop restaurant/bar. 

https://couryhospitality.com/portfolio#

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 10:45:47 am »

Interesting find.  Nope, haven't heard of it.  21st and Boston is a bit vague but I'm guessing it's the "flats lot."

I wouldn't think it would be the apartments to the SE, that'd be expensive to buy to knock down. 

The NE would also require buying an apartment building and knocking it down.  Probably the building just north of it too.

The NW corner is Spokehouse Bicycles - it has the same owner for a while now putting 3 lots together on that corner & some lots north of there are homes.  Zoned low density office (I think a hotel requires a special exception).  Probably more doable than the previous two.

SW corner still owned by Tudors Flats, LLC and is zoned OM (again, I think they need a special exception to put a hotel in) but they are also in a PUD-639A I did not look up.  Seems like it would be the obvious location since it is entirely undeveloped and is certainly large enough.  The residential units uphill on 22nd might complain - but I'd guess they could get approval for a hotel on that lot if they wanted to. 
http://www.assessor.tulsacounty.org/assessor-property.php?account=R43190921320700&return=close

Quick search I didn't see any  TMPAC or permits in the area that give it away.  I did not pull land records to see if there is anything on file.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't offer to buy the back half of the Harwelden lot and build it right along Riverside...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 11:11:29 am »

Interesting find.  Nope, haven't heard of it.  21st and Boston is a bit vague but I'm guessing it's the "flats lot."

I wouldn't think it would be the apartments to the SE, that'd be expensive to buy to knock down. 

The NE would also require buying an apartment building and knocking it down.  Probably the building just north of it too.

The NW corner is Spokehouse Bicycles - it has the same owner for a while now putting 3 lots together on that corner & some lots north of there are homes.  Zoned low density office (I think a hotel requires a special exception).  Probably more doable than the previous two.

SW corner still owned by Tudors Flats, LLC and is zoned OM (again, I think they need a special exception to put a hotel in) but they are also in a PUD-639A I did not look up.  Seems like it would be the obvious location since it is entirely undeveloped and is certainly large enough.  The residential units uphill on 22nd might complain - but I'd guess they could get approval for a hotel on that lot if they wanted to. 
http://www.assessor.tulsacounty.org/assessor-property.php?account=R43190921320700&return=close

Quick search I didn't see any  TMPAC or permits in the area that give it away.  I did not pull land records to see if there is anything on file.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't offer to buy the back half of the Harwelden lot and build it right along Riverside...

I assumed the SW corner because that is where Paul Coury owns the land and where at least two former projects have been proposed going back almost 20 years.  Coury also developed the townhomes along 22nd.  I think a boutique hotel of this size would work well here, and Coury Hospitality already owns and operates the Ambassador at 14th & Main.  The rooftop bar/restaurant would have some amazing views right there, and could capitalize on its location walking-distance to the Gathering Place.

AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 11:18:57 am »

I assumed the SW corner because that is where Paul Coury owns the land and where at least two former projects have been proposed going back almost 20 years.  Coury also developed the townhomes along 22nd.  I think a boutique hotel of this size would work well here, and Coury Hospitality already owns and operates the Ambassador at 14th & Main.  The rooftop bar/restaurant would have some amazing views right there, and could capitalize on its location walking-distance to the Gathering Place.

Agree.   Good find BTW.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 12:47:08 pm »

That looks like the shape of the lot in rendering also (shape of slope and width). That'll be a neat add to the area if they build that.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 12:51:46 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org