A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:09:11 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: #1 Chocolate maker in Oklahoma  (Read 4291 times)
joiei
City Father

« on: February 13, 2018, 04:52:02 pm »

USA Today has named Glacier Confection the #1 chocolate maker in the state of Oklahoma.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/experience/food-and-wine/2018/02/12/americas-craft-chocolate-makers/319728002/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomtravel-topstories  Congratulations to Bill and your crew. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 09:36:14 am »

Slide 37 if anyone's interested in attempting to browse the slideshow
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 11:57:23 am »

I think I have been to the Seattle one - name sounded familiar.  Great chocolate!

I bet they didn't go to Broken Arrow, though, to check out the other chocolatier we have....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 03:26:06 pm »

Went there just before lunch today.  Only a couple of other guys there when I arrived.  By the time I left, the place was packed.  Almost couldn't get in the door there were so many guys buying chocolates.  (And one young woman, who mentioned that she felt very out of place...)

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 04:10:57 pm »

They make their Belgian chocolates with real Belgians.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 11:00:20 pm »

I think I have been to the Seattle one - name sounded familiar.  Great chocolate!

I bet they didn't go to Broken Arrow, though, to check out the other chocolatier we have....

The difference between a chocolatier and a chocolate maker is the maker imports the raw bean and creates a finished product.  A chocolatier buys already made chocolate and makes finished candies.  Next time you are up in Springfield, go check out https://www.askinosie.com/ That is a chocolate maker and has been for a long time.  Glacier, in my not so humble opinion, is better than the people in Broken Arrow or the folks down in Davis. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org