A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:44:52 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) GreenArch II  (Read 21541 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2019, 07:26:54 am »

So many renderings on this project. This last one looks the most comprehensive. The roof deck is going to be nice and hot in the summer with the overhang stripped away, but whatever. I'm just ready to see earth moving on this one. I'm guessing they might be waiting on the greenwood building up the street to finish and fill up before getting too far ahead on this.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2019, 08:59:30 am »

So many renderings on this project. This last one looks the most comprehensive. The roof deck is going to be nice and hot in the summer with the overhang stripped away, but whatever. I'm just ready to see earth moving on this one. I'm guessing they might be waiting on the greenwood building up the street to finish and fill up before getting too far ahead on this.

It will be nice in the spring and fall though.   Smiley  This angle has probably one of the best skyline views.  It could be somewhat blocked by Santa Fe Square depending on the final design of the office building and/or residential one block south along Greenwood:

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2020, 12:37:30 pm »

Foundations well underway.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2020, 01:22:24 pm »

Is this going up in conjunction with Greenwood Rising at the corner?  

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2020, 01:28:52 pm »

Yes. 21 Greenwood has been chopped a bit (apparently) and moved eastward to make room for Greenwood Rising.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2020, 07:26:00 am »

Steel has been rising at 21 Greenwood.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2020, 10:50:07 am »

Another recent shot

dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2021, 08:09:28 am »

Updated construction photo from yesterday. Shows Greenwood Rising and GreenArch II

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2021, 12:29:43 pm »

They are in quite a race to get the Greenwood Rising museum finished for the centennial memorial in 2 weeks. Some of the exterior cladding is done, and TW had photos of some things going up inside. There's no way it will be finished, but hopefully the scaffolding will be able to come down and they'll have a good preview of the interior for the centennial.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2021, 03:32:13 pm »

This is starting to get closer to completion finally. The street has been closed way too long. Not sure why the city has allowed this.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2021, 04:33:31 pm »

This is starting to get closer to completion finally. The street has been closed way too long. Not sure why the city has allowed this.

As more urban development takes place in Tulsa the city should absolutely take a harder stance on street/sidewalk closures in the downtown area and also in any other walkable districts like Cherry Street.  Thinking specifically about the apartment building on Cherry Street that had the sidewalk closed for what seemed like years.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2021, 09:54:49 pm »

As more urban development takes place in Tulsa the city should absolutely take a harder stance on street/sidewalk closures in the downtown area and also in any other walkable districts like Cherry Street.  Thinking specifically about the apartment building on Cherry Street that had the sidewalk closed for what seemed like years.

Agreed, I can't believe they were allowed to use the street as a staging area in such a busy area. I have a feeling some special exceptions were made to help expedite construction for the museum by having staging so close and not having to move materials/equipment off site somewhere.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2021, 07:15:57 pm »

The windows have a pretty harsh glare in the afternoon I noticed. Hopefully they'll coat them.

The trees up top and the balconies make this building interesting, but it's such an odd design. Definitely feels like this project was pulled in too many different directions.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2021, 08:03:46 am »

Hopefully they install a streetscape similar to what they’ve done north of Archer and by Hogan Assessments at 1st.  GreenArch across the street didn’t do a very good job with its streetscape IMO.  That is something that can tie all of the these new developments together. 

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2021, 05:03:33 am »

The windows have a pretty harsh glare in the afternoon I noticed. Hopefully they'll coat them.

The trees up top and the balconies make this building interesting, but it's such an odd design. Definitely feels like this project was pulled in too many different directions.

I have no opinion on the building as a whole yet but I'm really digging the rounded corners. It's a minor touch but the lack of 90 degree corners is nice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org