A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:10:08 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) GreenArch II  (Read 21330 times)
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« on: February 02, 2018, 08:03:23 am »

Looks like some updates in the area of Greenwood and Archer:

A five-story, mixed-use development is in the works for the Greenwood District.

Attorney Kajeer Yar of GreenArch, LLC, updated the project Thursday at a regular meeting of the Tulsa Development Authority.

Plans call for multiple levels of office space above a ground-floor, retail/office component at the southeast corner of North Greenwood Avenue and East Archer Street, Yar said by phone after the meeting. The project also will feature structured parking with up to 150 slots.

Construction on the roughly 70,000-square-foot development is scheduled to start by the end of 2018 and be completed in 2020, Yar said.

“We’re optimistic about Greenwood,” Yar said. “We feel like the future of the district is not only just residential and existing retail but also (about) bringing in an office component to effectively bring in activity from morning till night.”

The new project is across Greenwood Avenue from another GreenArch development that includes 70 apartments, the pub Lefty’s on Greenwood, a Subway restaurant and StudioPop, an indoor cycling and yoga facility. That roughly $10 million project was completed in 2013.

GH2 Architects is designing the new building, and Patrick Fox of Fox + Allen is handling the pre-leasing.

Designated as America’s “Black Wall Street” by Booker T. Washington, the 35-block Greenwood District became a prosperous center for black commerce in the early 1900s, housing more than 300 black-owned businesses that included hotels, theaters and restaurants.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/greenarch-developing-new-mixed-use-project-in-greenwood-district/article_e0ef6066-4b7d-5d99-a23c-734bde6d91eb.html
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 09:04:20 am »

Looks like it could be another good addition.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 12:27:24 pm »

It’s a nice bookend for Greenwood

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 11:24:09 am »

Another view of this project:

Site Plan
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:25:45 am by SXSW » Logged

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 03:29:33 pm »

The loggia on the building is wonderful. That really helps the pedestrian nature of an area.

Kudos to whoever decided to add that!

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 04:10:31 pm »

The loggia on the building is wonderful. That really helps the pedestrian nature of an area.

I agree, hope it actually gets built this way.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 04:33:58 pm »

Having walked to work for a stretch of my life, I will say that these types of features I am most grateful for...when it is raining.   Grin

And yes, I am completely serious. I would re-route my way to work to take advantage of as much covered walk space as I could.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 06:37:34 pm »

I agree, great building. But that parking garage. Ew.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 06:42:26 pm »

I'd normally say the same thing but it backs up the RR tracks and highway.  Unlike the Edge which is just as bad but highly visible on 3rd St..

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 08:33:39 pm »

At least it's a garage instead of a city block or two of beat heaving asphalt

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
D-TownTulsan
Activist

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 07:47:05 am »

I'm a fan! Anything that activates that corner is a plus. It would be nice if that parking garage was a little more "design-y" and/or attached to the building, but, having done a few parking garages down here in DFW, I can understand that those things usually have NO budget, especially when you throw all your money at the main building(s). One thing I'm surprised that hasn't been picked up in Tulsa yet though is the "Texas doughnut" style, where your program wraps around a central parking garage. But then again, part of me thinks that Tulsan's need to SEE parking for it to be real!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 08:39:09 am »

I'm a fan.

What's wrong with the parking?   In an urbanist utopia we'd have none or bury it all behind a facade... but in the real world in Tulsa, Oklahoma, tenants and customers demand parking. It appears reasonable for the scale of the building, it is structured and presumably expandable if they wanted to add levels to it in the future.   In exchange for a fronted 5 story building on the corner with covered walkways... its a fine trade.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
saintnicster
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 09:42:42 pm »

The biggest thing I've noticed - They have trees on the side of the street that the existing GreenArch Building is on.  Did they never update the building from their render, or are they actually going to tear up the sidewalk and add some 'green' to GreenArch?
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 09:46:33 am »

It looks like the final plans have been drafted and were sent to the TDA board for approval.
http://www.tulsadevelopmentauthority.org/broad-packet/

I presume that means construction will start relatively soon. Hopefully by the end of the year.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2019, 08:23:38 pm »

Newer rendering of GreenArch II, one of my favorite proposed infill projects downtown

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org