A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:59:11 am
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11TH ST DEVELOPMENT  (Read 127560 times)
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #270 on: December 23, 2022, 01:52:12 pm »

It has to be one of three things:
1) They will be removed in the near future, like you mention.
2) They got an exemption of some sort since the electric poles are only on the north sidewalks and the south ones are free from obstructions (except for a few light poles, but they're more offset so there is probably 3ft of sidewalk on one side of them).
3) They hope no one narcs them out. I would assume since there is no Federal money in this project (that I know of), that there is no Federal oversight so unless someone reports it, ain't nothin' gonna happen.

Since this is TIF money I believe the city can be sued over it if it is not ADA compliant and probably LTFF too since they are the developer and fronting the TIF $$ - I don't think they can get by with if one side is ok and one isn't. ADA law is odd - there's so much of the city that doesn't even have sidewalks so in theory you'd think if the south side sidewalks are ok they'd be ok, but I don't think they can look at it that way.

From what I've been told is it's already been reported to the city, etc. so it will have to be addressed - question is who is going to be held responsible for the cost to fix it. Each party bares some responsibility for the mistake. It should have never been permitted and approved by the city, the civil engineer/designer should have never designed it/planned it that way, the contractor should have never installed it that way, and whoever is the inspectors with the city should have flagged this as an issue long before it got to where it is today when they started construction of it.

There's just so many questions here of how LTFF has been able to do what they've been able to do here and the city has just been like whatever you want you'll get with no questions asked (or apparent oversight lol). Don't get me wrong, everything they are doing I'm all for but I think they should have had push back on the abrupt ending of the bike lanes and obviously whoever was approving the engineering and permitting on this project at the city was asleep at the wheel and should be fired. This should have been a pretty easy catch to keep from happening.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org