A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:46:14 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldies Patio Grill Utica Square  (Read 29206 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: January 18, 2018, 05:18:28 pm »

When did it close?
I admit I hadnt been to that one in a while, but damn.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 03:49:31 pm »

I didn't realize it was closed either. Usually there's a line in the paper when a restaurant closes.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 04:50:37 pm »

We went to Goldies in BA just after Thanksgiving last year.  First time we had been to one in about 4 years or so.  Pretty good burgers, but we just never think of them when there is Bill's and Lot-A-Burger to go to....

And we tried Arnold's not too long after that.  Seems like I have heard good things about them, and since I hadn't been there in at least 20 years, decided to give it a try.  Will be AT LEAST another 20  years before that memory wears off and I go again....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 07:53:48 pm »

We went to Goldies in BA just after Thanksgiving last year.  First time we had been to one in about 4 years or so.  Pretty good burgers, but we just never think of them when there is Bill's and Lot-A-Burger to go to....

And we tried Arnold's not too long after that.  Seems like I have heard good things about them, and since I hadn't been there in at least 20 years, decided to give it a try.  Will be AT LEAST another 20  years before that memory wears off and I go again....

Yeah,  I did Arnold's not long ago with my son.  It was "OK", but it's checked-off now and I don't seem myself going back anytime soon.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 10:47:11 pm »

Yeah,  I did Arnold's not long ago with my son.  It was "OK", but it's checked-off now and I don't seem myself going back anytime soon.

Linda Mar nest door is better.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 11:03:36 am »

Linda Mar nest door is better.

It is on our list - I drive by on I-44 several times a week and keep telling myself I gotta go there.  Seems like I have been before, but cannot really remember...if have, it was in the 70's.  If they were there then....?

Arnold's was actually seriously gross.  Both the burgers were rare, fries cold, greasy, and sucky, water for drinks so don't know how they are.   The Old guy came by and asked how everything was.  We told him.  He gave the boss a coupon for $3 off the next time we go in.   Lol...like that is gonna happen.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 11:34:52 am »

It is on our list - I drive by on I-44 several times a week and keep telling myself I gotta go there.  Seems like I have been before, but cannot really remember...if have, it was in the 70's.  If they were there then....?

Arnold's was actually seriously gross.  Both the burgers were rare, fries cold, greasy, and sucky, water for drinks so don't know how they are.   The Old guy came by and asked how everything was.  We told him.  He gave the boss a coupon for $3 off the next time we go in.   Lol...like that is gonna happen.

Arnold's wasn't gross when I was there.  Overall I really don't have anything majorly negative to say about the place, I just found the burgers rather run-of-the-mill.   

I agree with Swake,  Linda Marr is much better.   Have been there a few times and always solid.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 11:42:41 am »

Arnold's wasn't gross when I was there.  Overall I really don't have anything majorly negative to say about the place, I just found the burgers rather run-of-the-mill.   

I agree with Swake,  Linda Marr is much better.   Have been there a few times and always solid.

May have just caught them on a bad day.   Will try the other place first, though.  If they mess up that bad for the first time in decades, I got too many other good places to go to bother them again.  Chinese buffet in the Farm was like that - horrible when we went but others seem to like it - won't be back there either.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 12:24:01 pm »

Linda Marr is good, and being in the same spot for 50+ years they must be doing something right.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 06:58:34 pm »

I've never had an issue with Arnold's but Linda Mar was always our "go-to" place for a burger lunch mainly because my boss and I knew the McCutchen brothers.  Since Mike took it over though, they got a bit stingy with the tater tots- that's my only gripe.  They do make one hell of a cherry lime-ade.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 08:14:30 pm »

They do make one hell of a cherry lime-ade.

They make real cherry shakes. I repeat, real cherry shakes.

Everybody makes strawberry. Linda Mar make real cherry shakes.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 10:17:05 pm »

Will be back in Tulsa end of Feb.  I think we need a forum lunch there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 09:35:29 am »

That settles it - going to LM this weekend!!

Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2018, 10:36:19 am »

Linda-Mar's = Best place to get a burger AND watch old Andy Griffith reruns.  Got the theme song in my head just thinking about it...

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2018, 11:09:09 am »

Linda-Mar's = Best place to get a burger AND watch old Andy Griffith reruns.  Got the theme song in my head just thinking about it...

Yeah, but if you're referring to the old Ike's Chili location they moved yet again, to the old Taco Mayo about a mile east over by Guitar House of Tulsa.  I haven't tried that location yet but did the old Ike's Chili location.

If you're not talking about that location....well....nevermind.  Smiley

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org