A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:43:41 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) Brady Flats: Archer & Boston/110 N. Boston Ave.  (Read 42605 times)
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2017, 11:28:28 am »

Why on earth are they completely ignoring Boston? Talk about a missed opportunity... Every ground floor in an urban neighborhood needs transparency and activity, not blank walls and garage doors. Plus, this thing looks cheap. We can do better.

We know what works and what doesn't, so why do we insist on doing the things that don't?  Roll Eyes

I noticed today they have fenced off the lot.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2017, 11:28:38 am »

Lot to dirt and work is commencing.
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2017, 11:48:55 am »

Lot to dirt and work is commencing.

Herb Albert
Citizen

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2017, 02:33:40 pm »

I'd like to see the building fit into the feel of the district better by activating interest at the walk-able street level. Overall It's a generic, cheap, blah design, I think the OSU color palette is not a fit for the arts district... I wish there were a downtown design council so we could avoid atrocities like this being erected in such a key district as the arts. 11 mil is a good number but I don't think it will be enough for a project this size.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2017, 06:20:14 pm »

I'd like to see the building fit into the feel of the district better by activating interest at the walk-able street level. Overall It's a generic, cheap, blah design, I think the OSU color palette is not a fit for the arts district... I wish there were a downtown design council so we could avoid atrocities like this being erected in such a key district as the arts. 11 mil is a good number but I don't think it will be enough for a project this size.

Too colorful for an arts district?
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2017, 10:56:58 pm »

The double acorn light fixtures would be a waste of money.

While not Acorns they appear just as bad, casting most light horizontally instead of on the street where it could do some good.
Going to suck living on the second floor at bedtime.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2017, 07:04:54 am »

It looks like the foundation work is done and the first floor columns and elevator shafts are poured.  It looks like there are more molds in place, maybe for concrete stairways? 

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2017, 09:06:50 am »

Will they rename it?  It's not on Brady Street and it's no longer the Brady Arts District.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2017, 09:54:58 am »

I mean, it still is the Brady Arts District. At least for now, the name change is only the business association
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2017, 02:30:30 pm »

Construction Photo Update

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2017, 11:49:47 am »

Their website is live! https://www.theflatsonarcher.com/

Floor plans of each unit, and additional renderings are available.

The units are wayyy too expensive for me, but I hope it fills up quickly.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2017, 08:13:39 am »

They are finishing up the 3rd floor framing - and one really gets a sense of how large the building is now.  In my head it was more like 5 or 6 town houses when they started on the foundation, not so much!  Looking at the website it looks like there are ~60 apartments. Combined with Tribune and (what I call Tribune 2), that has to be > 200 apartments on that block. 

I hope the downtown residential keeps coming along!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2017, 10:16:36 pm »

This is a nice project but I still prefer the previous design over this one.  Maybe we can see something like this over on the half block parking lot between Archer and Brady on Main but with more retail space:

dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2017, 02:58:52 pm »

This is a nice project but I still prefer the previous design over this one.  Maybe we can see something like this over on the half block parking lot between Archer and Brady on Main but with more retail space:

I agree. I like that design a lot better, too.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2018, 04:02:48 pm »

Some final renderings from their website:

Looks like a potential restaurant space at the corner

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org