A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:17:01 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coney Island to franchise - are you kidding me  (Read 3678 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« on: January 09, 2018, 09:57:49 am »

David Rutkauskas, now with a company he calls "DCR Management" has sucked in the family behind the original Coney Island. He claims they are opening locations in Texas, Denver, St. Louis and Wichita.

How the hell does this guy keep making deals and how does the TW keep falling for his crap?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/downtown-coney-island-poised-to-enter-south-texas-markets/article_cbfc502c-77aa-5a15-b433-b90a5ec1f99a.html

And I feel terrible for the Economou family who have been conned.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 10:02:46 am »

Apparently zero due diligence

How's this working out?
https://www.qsrmagazine.com/news/classic-chicken-chain-poised-500-unit-comeback
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 10:39:54 am »

When family flew in for the holidays, thats the first place they wanted to go straight from the airport.
Im guessing Jims Coney Island at 21st & Harvard isnt part of the franchise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coney_I-Lander

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 10:54:42 am »

I've been impressed by the newest iteration of Rex's Chicken at 121st & Memorial.  I think it has the potential to be successful across the country if they do it right. 

Coney Island is a Tulsa tradition, they can try to imitate it but it won't be the same.

cbs
Citizen

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 02:18:40 pm »

And I feel terrible for the Economou family who have been conned.

"conned" ......heh
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 05:59:18 pm »

I've been impressed by the newest iteration of Rex's Chicken at 121st & Memorial.  I think it has the potential to be successful across the country if they do it right. 

Coney Island is a Tulsa tradition, they can try to imitate it but it won't be the same.

They all pretty much taste the same - those kind of small coney places nationwide. With the exception of maybe Gold Star - and the only difference I can tell with them is the dash of cinnamon in their chili.

It is a compelling taste - so bad they are good such that ya gotta have one/two/three from time to time!! 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 06:59:01 pm »

They all pretty much taste the same - those kind of small coney places nationwide. With the exception of maybe Gold Star - and the only difference I can tell with them is the dash of cinnamon in their chili.

It is a compelling taste - so bad they are good such that ya gotta have one/two/three from time to time!! 

Coney I-Lander puts cinnamon in their chili as well.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 11:22:28 am »

Coney I-Lander puts cinnamon in their chili as well.

Huh...I can't quite taste it.  More subtle amount, I guess.  The sawdust typically overwhelms that flavor in most coney chili...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org