A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:18:08 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential 10,00-20,000 outdoor stadium to be built downtown  (Read 7372 times)
brettakins
Activist

« on: January 04, 2018, 08:27:34 am »

[size=12Could a 10,000-seat outdoor stadium be built downtown? pt][/size]

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/will-a--seat-outdoor-stadium-be-built-downtown/article_8054d661-7047-52e9-9090-ade8e8d2f209.html

I thought this is what Oneok stadium was supposed to do I guess I was wrong. If they do build this, it should go in the parking crater in southern end of downtown.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 01:45:21 pm »

While south downtown definitely has the open space for something like this, it would be the worst location for it.  Such a location would leave it completely isolated from hotels, restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues.  We are currently paying $500,000 to study how to develop around and create connectivity for the BOK center, why would we want to repeat that same mistake with another large publically funded venue?

Building this type of venue seems like a no-brainer (with appropriate financing), but the location is the real issue.  We need to stop repeating the mistakes of the past and building entertainment venues in isolated parts of downtown. 
brettakins
Activist

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 09:24:57 am »

Given that there is not another location that would provide space for a 10,000 stadium, in downtown Tulsa, I'm still sticking with southern end of downtown, as my choice. Having such a big attraction would lure businesses to open in close proximity to the Stadium.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 07:41:24 pm »

You people crack me up.  First you want everyone to walk everywhere.  Now, because a possibly proposed sports stadium might be 2 blocks from the nearest Holiday Inn your protesting that it is too far for people to walk.  I did look at the closest possible  blocks to the closest hotel.  So 3 blocks is too far to ask someone to walk?  How about using a shuttle?  Ever heard of those?  They can make some side monies by offering lazy athletes a ride.  There is a ride service in New Orleans that makes a lot of money servicing organizations that are meeting in the city.  Just think about the profits of moving 10,000 people the distance of 3 blocks.  How far do you walk to your destination from where you park?  Are are you all so South County that you don't know unless it is right in front of the door of where you want to go.  How about the possibility that there could be a parking garage attached to the proposed sports arena.  If your too lazy to walk there is always T-ride, cabs, and uber.  Just saying. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 04:24:57 pm »

You people crack me up.  First you want everyone to walk everywhere.  Now, because a possibly proposed sports stadium might be 2 blocks from the nearest Holiday Inn your protesting that it is too far for people to walk.  I did look at the closest possible  blocks to the closest hotel.  So 3 blocks is too far to ask someone to walk?  How about using a shuttle?  Ever heard of those?  They can make some side monies by offering lazy athletes a ride.  There is a ride service in New Orleans that makes a lot of money servicing organizations that are meeting in the city.  Just think about the profits of moving 10,000 people the distance of 3 blocks.  How far do you walk to your destination from where you park?  Are are you all so South County that you don't know unless it is right in front of the door of where you want to go.  How about the possibility that there could be a parking garage attached to the proposed sports arena.  If your too lazy to walk there is always T-ride, cabs, and uber.  Just saying. 

Visit N.O...Once a year...Car never leaves the Hotel...Never have taken a cab or any other transportation...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org