A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:49:09 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tally's 61 & Sheridan  (Read 6621 times)
citizen72
Civic Leader

« on: December 24, 2017, 11:53:16 pm »

Well Tally's expansion south opened at 61st and Sheridan in the last few days. Tried to eat there last night. Long, long wait. Has anyone tried them? Parking at premium. If they are as good at the one on 11th street look out.

^^^^^

"Never a skillful sailor made who always sailed calm seas."
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 12:26:09 pm »

If they are as good at the one on 11th street look out.

The lowest of bars.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 11:11:41 pm »

i"ll wait a month or so till some of the noise wears off 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 09:28:47 am »

The lowest of bars.

Tally's has a huge following. Since they've opened, they have outlived at least a thousand restaurants in Tulsa including some extremely highly-rated places. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but they must be doing something (many things) right to be in business this long and have this loyal of a following.

I've been satisfied with the meals I've eaten at Tally's over the years even if it is not always super special or anything. The environment is great for what it is also.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 09:34:19 am »

Well Tally's expansion south opened at 61st and Sheridan in the last few days. Tried to eat there last night. Long, long wait. Has anyone tried them? Parking at premium. If they are as good at the one on 11th street look out.

They did a good job making it look like a retro diner. And next door some other retro-themed liquor store is opening. Nice to see a theme developing there. That might be my favorite south-Tulsa corner with La Roma, Savoy, Charlie's Chicken (Well, it used to be good!), the Hussar, In the Raw (with a great view) and now Tally's and a retro theme!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 05:19:14 pm »

Just go to Savoy until the crowds slow down.   I bet you would go back to Savoy after trying Tally's....

Long Live Cinnamon rolls!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 12:25:23 am »

Which corner is this off of at 61st & Sheridan?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 10:03:53 am »

That might be my favorite south-Tulsa corner with La Roma, Savoy, Charlie's Chicken (Well, it used to be good!), the Hussar, In the Raw (with a great view) and now Tally's and a retro theme!

It is on the southwest corner and used to be the Silver Flame steakhouse.

You missed some restaurants on that corner. Goldie's hamburgers, Chopsticks (asian food), Oklahoma Joe's (BBQ), Rincon (mexican), Boston Deli, and Whataburger are all on that corner and on the southeast part of the intersection with In the Raw (sushi) is Mandarin Taste. By La Roma is an excellent Daylight donuts. That is 12 restaurants less than 100 steps from each other.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 10:11:53 am by RecycleMichael » Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 10:11:11 am »

My favorite south Tulsa restaurant corner is probably one mile north.

In the Farm shopping center we have the best Italian place in Villa Ravenna, the best German place in Margaret's, the only Japanese buffet in Yutaka, the original Billy Sims BBQ, the first Mazzio's Pizza, Ron's hamburgers, Great Harvest bakery, and a Subway. Across the intersection is Rib Crib BBQ, the Spudder steakhouse, Sam's Southern Eatery (fish), and a Little Caesars pizza and a donut shop. Across the street to the west of them is Asian Chef (carryout), Taco Bueno, Papa Murphy's pizza (takeout) and Uncle Bentley's.

That is 17 restaurants on the same corner.

Power is nothing till you use it.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 01:22:04 pm »

It is on the southwest corner and used to be the Silver Flame steakhouse.

You missed some restaurants on that corner. Goldie's hamburgers, Chopsticks (asian food), Oklahoma Joe's (BBQ), Rincon (mexican), Boston Deli, and Whataburger are all on that corner and on the southeast part of the intersection with In the Raw (sushi) is Mandarin Taste. By La Roma is an excellent Daylight donuts. That is 12 restaurants less than 100 steps from each other.

I should've said "intersection". A lot of good stuff right there. I went to Silver Flame back when it was open and so it surprised me when I saw the new Tally's was there instead. I haven't had Mandarin Taste, Chopsticks, Rincon or Boston Deli.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 01:24:11 pm »

My favorite south Tulsa restaurant corner is probably one mile north.

In the Farm shopping center we have the best Italian place in Villa Ravenna, the best German place in Margaret's, the only Japanese buffet in Yutaka, the original Billy Sims BBQ, the first Mazzio's Pizza, Ron's hamburgers, Great Harvest bakery, and a Subway. Across the intersection is Rib Crib BBQ, the Spudder steakhouse, Sam's Southern Eatery (fish), and a Little Caesars pizza and a donut shop. Across the street to the west of them is Asian Chef (carryout), Taco Bueno, Papa Murphy's pizza (takeout) and Uncle Bentley's.

That is 17 restaurants on the same corner.

Yeah, that's a good location for food. Yutaka is good for a buffet. Margaret's is great. The Spudder makes a delicious steak but haven't been in a while! I like Sam's also but go to the one on 11th. I hate Italian but I know I need to try Villa Ravenna.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 04:39:06 pm »

Which corner is this off of at 61st & Sheridan?
Where the Silver Flame used to be.  Can't miss it.  SW corner i think. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2017, 03:38:52 pm »

Yeah, that's a good location for food. Yutaka is good for a buffet. Margaret's is great. The Spudder makes a delicious steak but haven't been in a while! I like Sam's also but go to the one on 11th. I hate Italian but I know I need to try Villa Ravenna.

Margaret's is great.   (51st, not 61st - same with Yutaka)

Yutaka was a huge mess when we went - literally every single dish that was sitting on the steam table, even with steam coming out around the edges, was room temperature.  Did not stick around for that "tasty" little bout of food poisoning followed by hospitalization.  Told the lady at the cash register and she pretty much literally went, "ho-hum..."   Like "tell me something I don't know..."

Spudder's was great but we thought they were gone.  Oh, well,...   Can't possibly be the same people running it - they would be about 100 years old by now.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2017, 09:22:43 am »

Spudder's was great but we thought they were gone.  Oh, well,...   Can't possibly be the same people running it - they would be about 100 years old by now.

Same guys that have been there for as long as I remember.   The Dad is over at Lucky's a lot, now the son is mostly running Spudders.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2017, 08:48:35 pm »

Same guys that have been there for as long as I remember.   The Dad is over at Lucky's a lot, now the son is mostly running Spudders.

John?   Can't remember his last name...  Good guy.  May have to go back.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org