A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:19:05 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Main Street Tavern on Cherry Street  (Read 9639 times)
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« on: October 03, 2017, 09:54:21 am »

Location(s) Being Reviewed:  Main Street Tavern on Cherry Street
Date/Time of Visit: 9/29/17
Quality of Food (1-5): 4.5
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 4
Quality of Service (1-5): 2.5
Atmosphere (1-5): 4
Overall Rating (1-5): 4
Price ($-$$$$$): $$$

What makes this restaurant unique: Wood wainscotting gives it a very sophisticated classic pub feel. Cheese sticks very large. Cheese fries arranged well (half-cheese, half dry) so you can pick up fries without getting cheese on your finger.

Tell us about your experience: Went on a Saturday at 7pm. Wasn't very crowded considering it was their first weekend. We were seated immediately on the nicely redone front patio. Things weren't changed too much, but has a more upscale vibe than in the past as the Pint or White Owl. Very simple interior (no decorations hung up. Not sure if they plan to because it looks good as-is). Service was poor. We were forgotten about  immediately for over 15 minutes and it took quite a while (over 30 minutes) to get main courses and our check. Appetizer (cheese fries) came quickly. Overall, we were there for well over an hour. Between the 3 of us, we only ordered 2 beers and water and simple straight-forward menu choices with no customizations. I chalk it up to first-weekend difficulties.

Beer choices are pretty good. Similar quantity to before with several local options.

Portions overall are pretty good like you'd expect from a pub. Food was really good. Cheese fries were awesome but not nearly as many as you get from other pubs (esp. vs the Brook). We have been to the Main St Tavern in BA before and liked it. The food seemed about identical to then with some differences like the fries changed from potato-wedge-style to more traditional french fries. Mac'n'cheese with lobster was awesome and quite a lot, but not a lot of lobster. Meatloaf looked good and a hefty portion. Burger with egg and bacon was very delicious. Prices are kind of medium-high for a pub. Seemed a bit higher than Kilkennies/McNellies. Lobster mac'n'cheese was $18. Our tab was $50 for burger, the mac'n'cheese, 1 beer and cheese fries. So sort of an upscale pub pricing, closer to Roosevelts.

We plan to go back.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:33:44 am by TulsaGoldenHurriCAN » Logged
joiei
City Father

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 02:47:06 pm »

Thanks for that review.  From the overall impression of what you said, I do not plan on checking it out. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
TylerBGoode
Activist

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 08:25:02 am »

I've always had good experiences at the one in Broken Arrow.

I'll check it out before or after a TU game in the coming weeks and hopefully the kinks will be worked out.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 09:31:09 am »

Location(s) Being Reviewed:  Crushed Red on Cherry Street

You got the Cherry Street part correct.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 06:33:52 pm »

I went there. It didn't feel super tavern-y, and was nowhere near main street.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 10:33:57 am »

Thanks for that review.  From the overall impression of what you said, I do not plan on checking it out. 

I didn't mean to leave a bad impression of it. Overall we enjoyed it and plan to go back. Just slow service, probably partially due to being in front patio, out of sight. The food alone is worth trying, but is a bit pricey.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org